PDA

View Full Version : Texting while driving

alanTDM
17-08-09, 10:11 PM
Forward this link on.Not suitable for young children http://www.gwent.police.uk/leadnews.php?a=2172

schwee
17-08-09, 11:23 PM
hmm, it's not shocking enough IMO

igbell
18-08-09, 11:14 AM
Very good film, why dont they put this on TV between every break instead of the bed ads, then we might get the message across.
The amount of times my wife comes back and says they had to pull somebody out of a car crash due to either people texting or still using the mobile it is unbelivable......

Do like I did the other day and pulled up by somebody that was on the phone while I was on the bike and I pulled it out of there hand and through it done on there passenger seat and rode off when the lights changed......

Hannah
18-08-09, 01:23 PM
Very good film, why dont they put this on TV between every break instead of the bed ads, then we might get the message across.
The amount of times my wife comes back and says they had to pull somebody out of a car crash due to either people texting or still using the mobile it is unbelivable......

Do like I did the other day and pulled up by somebody that was on the phone while I was on the bike and I pulled it out of there hand and through it done on there passenger seat and rode off when the lights changed......

Fair play to the last part, If people had their windows open I would do the same, its bad enough having a crash in a car but if a bike was involved in something like that it would be game over.

alanTDM
18-08-09, 05:11 PM
They should put it on the TV or part of it instead of adds for beds and beer,and show it to 6th form school kids cause daddy just brought them a car.

FJ_Biker
18-08-09, 06:59 PM
This is a particular hate of mine using mobile devices when on the move.

alanTDM
18-08-09, 07:36 PM
Which reminds me i must get that Steble Magnum ;D

BB
18-08-09, 09:23 PM
hmm, it's not shocking enough IMO

It's as shocking as I would want to see Schwee. I hope to god I never ever see the real thing

BB

Ryan
20-08-09, 07:02 PM
blimey thats pretty bad, makes you think..

jack930
30-08-09, 02:27 PM
I think You dont realize how bad it is untill you ride a bike,and just see how many car drivers use a mobile, at junctions and roundabouts and turn with no indication cos they are on a DAM phone

alanTDM
30-08-09, 09:01 PM
This is what the punishment should be http://gizmodo.com/5348572/utah-now-punishes-texting-while-driving-with-up-to-15-years-in-prison

GaryMc
30-08-09, 09:08 PM
Never mind the bike! I avaerage 1000 miles a week and refuse to even answer my phone on hands free as it's a distraction. No matter what you never answer your phone as this will take your attention from the road. This should be shown after 9pm on every channel until the message gets across.

Geordie Stu
30-08-09, 10:05 PM
I cover around 2000 miles in a month by car. I never answer the phone while driving. The amount of people I see using a phone is incredible. Its's not just texting, blokes shaving, women putting on lippy.

They should make TV ads more gruesome to get the message home.

Last Train
31-08-09, 11:05 AM

Iceman
01-09-09, 08:13 PM
I had a white van pull onto a roundabout oblivious to me while I assume was texting at the time from the way he had one hand on the wheel and the other in his lap looking down!I beeped and he was still oblivious to my location.Deciding to follow on behind and overtake I then saw the mobile,beeped my horn as I eyeballed him and he carried on regardless! Another absolute plonker! If I had low sided because of him I would have given him a real battering,law or no law! The law is crap,weak and needs to enforce heavier sentences like instant 30 day bans or something to really frighten these motorists! As usual it takes a few nasty accidents to get the message home!

suet
01-09-09, 08:21 PM
Personally I think if it was made more gruesome some would just think they were watching an episode of Casualty and marvel at the special effects. Getting the message home is the main thing... betting some still wont get the message though until they do something stupid and dangerous themselves... "it's always someone else who causes accidents" mentality.

alanTDM
18-09-09, 05:03 PM
Iv heard this Film is going to be shown at all schools to those who are old enough to drive.
It was also shown on the BBC news,but only the bit with them tx and having the crash then they edited it to show ambulance arriving.
ffs the very bit that prob would put people off from doing it, They cut out! Typical >:(