Christmas menu 2009

Starters

Soup of the day

Wild mushroom and garlic bruschetta

Gravadlax with a cucumber & herb salad and musttard dressing

Chicken liver pate with red onion marmalade and toasted brioche

Main courses

Traditional roast turkey with all the trimmings

Pan fried sea bass fillet with linguine tossed in chilli, sun dried tomatoes and parsley

Venison with creamy mash, caramalised onions and red wine jus

Baked vegetable and brie wellington with a tomato and basil sauce

Desserts

Seasonal christmas pudding with brandy sauce

Rich dark chocolate mousse with orange and cointreau ice cream

Warm figs in butterscotch sauce with chantilly cream

A selection of cheese and biscuits with fruit chutney

£17.95 per person

Taking bookings now!

Don't forget to book for the New Years Eve disco and buffet

01249 782460

gedmib
26-09-09, 08:36 PM
bloody ell no messin about there lol

darrenatthesally
26-09-09, 11:39 PM
we o hope try not to and hope to see lots of wb out on work partys at the sally [smiley=thumbsup.gif] and we will do are best to look after you all

R1chie
26-09-09, 11:44 PM
A bit last minute isn't it?

Could you give us a bit more notice next time round please ;)

6T
27-09-09, 08:37 AM
mmmm thats making me hungry! ;D

darrenatthesally
27-09-09, 05:13 PM
what do you mean last minute xmas is miles away ya ok we wher a bit behind and thunderbird i am glad i made you hungry ;D

Kevinb
28-09-09, 01:13 PM
Christmas - Humbug
I try and avoid Christmas parties like the plague.

Roxy
29-09-09, 10:24 PM
does this mean WB have a Christmas do...food alcohol and dancing til the early hours? lol

;D

roxy

darrenatthesally
30-09-09, 12:05 AM
well i am sure we can do a deal if we can get a group together [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
30-09-09, 10:15 AM
Maybe worth doing a quick poll at the next bike meet, I for one think a Wiltshire Bikers christmas do could be a great idea.

Scotty
30-09-09, 07:42 PM
Yeah, Honda Star and I would be up for a WB Crimbo do, bring it on... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Date ideas - Wed 23rd - or are peeps too busy in the run up, a bit close perhaps... how about Thursday 17th?

Roll_on
01-10-09, 05:52 PM
A Thursday would be good bike meet and chrissy do rolled into one.

Hazel-nut
06-10-09, 03:04 PM
i would love to come but dont finish uni til 18th december! :( wont know until nearer the time if i have lectures on the friday or not

Dabz
06-10-09, 03:24 PM
we'll organise a wb christmas meal for nearer christmas, tho thinking maybe do one in january when more people are avilable?

Scotty
09-10-09, 05:55 PM
Arsebiscuits! Just found out that our works Crimbo do is on Thursday 17th >:( Scrap that night, Hazel can't make it anyway. How about the last Saturday or Sunday before Crimbo? :)

Caz
09-10-09, 07:35 PM
Great idea WB xmas party can do most dates.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

sburv
09-10-09, 09:49 PM
Sounds good to me :) :)

Amante_271
10-10-09, 09:12 AM
Book me in! Hope to have a bigger turn out than the "select" group that turned out last year! ::)

Beamer
10-10-09, 12:21 PM
We'll be there....so book us in.....but cant do 5th or 8th of december. A date would be good cos I organise all the Christmas stuff at work so I need to know what date not to beek anything on as we want to come lol....

;D ;D ;D

Beamer
10-10-09, 12:22 PM
beek lmao.... i mean book ...der lol
;D

Roxy
10-10-09, 10:26 PM
count me in too...just have to arrange for a driver so I can have a couple of vodkas!!! Date would be good for me as December gets pretty busy with do's, birthdays and holidays.

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
11-10-09, 02:47 PM
we're thinking January at the mo so watch this space...to be honest if it's december I probably won't be there because I have a million other things on in december!

will try to arrange a date in jan asap :)

Roxy
11-10-09, 08:02 PM
Jan is much better for me Dabz. Something to look forward too also after the festive season.

keep me in the loop

Beamer
11-10-09, 08:42 PM
We're good for January too if December is a problem.... just let us know..... ;D

Honda_Star
11-10-09, 10:23 PM
yep jan is good for me too - something to look forward to for the new year [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
11-10-09, 11:00 PM
count me in too...just have to arrange for a driver so I can have a couple of vodkas!!! Date would be good for me as December gets pretty busy with do's, birthdays and holidays.

Haven't you got anyone then? ;)

BB

BB
11-10-09, 11:02 PM
Jan is probably better for me too although I already have our works Xmas bash sometime in January.

BB

igbell
12-10-09, 08:51 AM
Yes put me down for a date in Jan please.....(Ha Roxy and can go as a date Hee Hee)

Roxy
12-10-09, 10:29 AM
ha ha I have just realised what I said...Oops! DOH blonde moment (I'm pretty good at those - god knows how I manage to keep a job, run a house, look after the wee dude and still ride a bike! ::))

OK so I don't have a date??? :(

roxy :)

Hazel-nut
12-10-09, 12:24 PM
Janury sounds good to me!i dont have to be bk in stoke until 12th january atm!

HensonA
12-10-09, 01:51 PM
Dabz, are you looking at a mid-week do or weekend.
I am OK for Jan apart from 16th to 18th January.

Ade

Dabz
12-10-09, 01:57 PM
not sure yet to be honest, need to get my head together with Darren - possibly a sunday on the day we'd normally do the jan rideout!

6T
12-10-09, 05:52 PM
iam in for this [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
12-10-09, 10:19 PM
Lots of peeps thinking more of a January date - options being a Saturday night (no work the next day - for most of us at least) or a Sunday lunchtime. What do peeps think of either Sat 2nd, Sun 3rd (the day before a lot of us will be trudging back to work, all depressed - a good way to close the Crimbo break - except for lazy student layabout Hazel, that is... ;)) or likewise the following weekend. Any thoughts?

Dabz
13-10-09, 09:48 AM
I'd prefer to do it on the sunday that our normal monthly ride-out would be, that way a lot of people will have already kept the date free, plus we can incorporate a ride during the day, maybe with a meal back at the sally afterwards.

I'll organise a date when I next speak to darren and let everyone know, don't worry :) Otherwise we'll have a million different dates suggested and we won't know what the official date is :)

Hazel-nut
13-10-09, 11:25 AM
that sounds like a good plan!i may even join u on the bike for the ride out by then :P
HMB im not gonna argue im a lazy student but im alot less lazy this yr then last!hehe!im up early most mornings and doing work for tutorials most afternoons!

Hannah
14-10-09, 01:10 PM
:o there goes Scotty getting me into trouble. Change your picture! ;D I don't think you are lazy Hazel but it would be good if you came out with us all on the bikes [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
14-10-09, 01:12 PM
Sorry HMB i didnt notice that!will look closer next time!hehe!
im hopin dabz will take me out on the bike again this weekend as im home :)

Hannah
14-10-09, 01:24 PM
[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] you have the bug now woo hoo!!!

Scotty
14-10-09, 08:26 PM
:o there goes Scotty getting me into trouble. Change your picture! ;D
Tee!Hee! ;D ;D ;D No, I was here first, you change yours! yar!boo!sucks! :P :P

I hope Hazel pays more attention during lectures - assuming she can drag herself out of bed by mid-afternoon ;)

Hazel-nut
14-10-09, 09:49 PM
[/quote]
I hope Hazel pays more attention during lectures - assuming she can drag herself out of bed by mid-afternoon ;)[/quote]

I do pay more attention in lectures most of the time :P and yes i do drag myself out of bed by 8 most mornings!!hehe

Im excited about the christmas meal!hehe

Hazel-nut
14-10-09, 09:50 PM
looks like i havnt worked out how to do the quote thing properly!lol

Scotty
08-11-09, 06:18 PM
BUMP! It's all gone quiet over here, has there been any progress on picking a date for the WB Chrimbo get-together? :-?

HensonA
20-11-09, 12:26 PM
Yeah....its gone very quiet about this January Xmas meal....but do appreciate that this is a busy time of year for a lot of folks.

DABZ....you have mentioned on your earlier posts about wanting it to be the Sunday of a normal WB rideout....does that mean you are looking at the meal being Sun 10th Jan (2nd Sunday of month) ???

It's just January is getting closer and closer and December will wizz by and no doubt peoples' diaries are already filling up for January.

Some may just want to come along for a meal rather than go on the ride aswell..especially if adverse weather.

Adrian

ZZR600Dude
20-11-09, 01:00 PM
Yeah....its gone very quiet about this January Xmas meal....but do appreciate that this is a busy time of year for a lot of folks.

DABZ....you have mentioned on your earlier posts about wanting it to be the Sunday of a normal WB rideout....does that mean you are looking at the meal being Sun 10th Jan (2nd Sunday of month) ???

It's just January is getting closer and closer and December will wizz by and no doubt peoples' diaries are already filling up for January.

Some may just want to come along for a meal rather than go on the ride aswell..especially if adverse weather.

Adrian
I was going to mention this but Adrian beat me to it.
There not much day light around that time of year and it gets dark early. Could also be snow and ice around. Only my personal view but if the weathers cold dark and horrible I would still come along for meal but I would probably leave the bike at home.
:P

Ed_Parkins
22-11-09, 08:14 PM
Just thought I'd add my bit while I can. Any particular reason to have the do on a Sunday? From a purely selfish point of view it would mean no beer! :'(

Do it on a Friday or Saturday then I can find somewhere local to fall unconscious for a few hours. :D

Please

Ed

Ducatista
22-11-09, 09:15 PM
Well the rideouts are on a Sunday.
People have other dos to go to around Xmas on Fridays and Saturdays and places get booked up on those dates.

no axe to grind either way, just an observation

igbell
22-11-09, 09:24 PM
Sundays are fine by me, then so are Fridays and Saturdays

Bonnielass
23-11-09, 10:14 AM
Is this going to be a lunch time meal? If it is and the weather is not too bad I would come on the bike but if evening, it would have to be the car, either way, Sunday would be best for me.

Roll_on
23-11-09, 11:32 AM
A Sunday with a ride-out afterwards would suit me fine but I am easy so would be happy with whatever is chosen.

Caz
23-11-09, 10:34 PM
I am happy what ever day is decided but also not keen to ride if weather iffie and also cant have a drink. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
24-11-09, 08:43 AM
As said before, it's likely to be after the January Ride-Out, which would be Jan 10th. Unless the sally have any major food booking this day I can't see why we can't all converge on them and stuff ourselves! Just waiting for Darren to confirm, but luckily the ride-out date should be in your diaries already! :D

Roll_on
24-11-09, 10:55 AM
Sounds fine Dabz. Any idea where the ride out is going.

ZZR600Dude
25-11-09, 01:33 PM
Shouldnt this thread also be in the Meets and Ride out section as I only found it by looking in the non bike chat section.
Meets at the Sally are in there but not this one
:-/

Dabz
25-11-09, 02:29 PM
this was originally just about the sally's xmas menu...the official xmas bash thread will be started once I organise it :P so far people have hijacked Darren's thread offering suggestions about dates and whatnot :( the point Darren was making originally think is that the sally has a really nice christmas menu so everyone should go an try it out :D

Roll_on
29-11-09, 04:19 PM
this was originally just about the sally's xmas menu...the official xmas bash thread will be started once I organise it :P so far people have hijacked Darren's thread offering suggestions about dates and whatnot :( the point Darren was making originally think is that the sally has a really nice christmas menu so everyone should go an try it out :D
Only living a matter of a few hundred yards from the Sally I will certainly try out their Christmas menu at some point.

Roxy
29-11-09, 07:53 PM
I'm in for the Christmas meal ..not sure if I will do the ride out yet. Will have to speak to Darren about those of us with special dietary requirements but I will be there.

Amante_271
30-11-09, 07:39 AM
I'm in for the Christmas meal ..not sure if I will do the ride out yet. Will have to speak to Darren about those of us with special dietary requirements but I will be there.

My dietary requirements are to do with portion size!!! ;D ;D ;D

igbell
02-12-09, 07:30 PM
Oh Amante is off again....watch out everyone

Amante_271
03-12-09, 12:02 AM
>:( Hey Iggy! I have a wonderful physique to keep in shape! It takes alot of hard work!

Roll_on
03-12-09, 09:33 AM
So if the rest of us remember that instead of a doggy bag all left overs go into an Amante bag you should be able to maintain your 'wonderful physique'.