PDA

View Full Version : OEM Car Parts

Uber Dave
30-11-09, 12:49 PM
I am quite competent when it comes to basic vehicle maintenance and as my Honda Civic needs some disks and pads all round am going to change them myself rather than pay someone else to do it.

Problem is where to get them from. Does anyone know of any good websites where I can get OEM parts from? I have looked into getting some EBC Disk/Pads but since they are upgrades effectively for my car (They are either grooved, or drilled and grooved) they are likely more pricey than the standard ones.

I am not looking to upgrade the brakes as the standard ones are just fine, but a price comparison would be ideal as if its only going to cost a little bit more to put drilled disks on I will bare it in mind.

So, any good recommendations on sites and/or shops around these parts that are good for car bits?

Kevinb
30-11-09, 05:27 PM
Have a word with Prospect in Trowbridge 01225 769656 or Unipart 01225 755661

igbell
02-12-09, 07:28 PM
I buy from either EuroCarParts or a small shop called MotorSave in Wootton Bassett

Jon_W
04-12-09, 10:38 AM
If the upgraded brakes are not significantly more expensive, I'd go for them. Upgrading the brakes on any vehicle is a good idea in my book.

As above though, any good auto factors will be able to get the brakes. OEM Honda will be expensive. You'll have to go to a dealer to get them or try e-bay.

Uber Dave
06-12-09, 09:41 PM
Cheers for the help guys. Not had chance to chase up any parts yet but will let you know how I get on when I do.

crewy
07-12-09, 01:32 AM
Just a thought have you tried demon tweeks web site?

nickw
11-12-09, 01:49 AM
A couple of my mates have Honda's. Some of the genuine parts can be quite reasonably priced, so worth checking before you go elsewhere if you haven't already.

In my experience EBC pads are crap ! No real point in upgrading the originals unless you are thinking of more power. Its amazing just by fitting new brakes allround as I did on my VW transformed braking. All I did was replace with standard, but did put mintex pads on the front.

tomstickland
29-12-09, 02:56 PM
I buy parts at APD motor factors. Motor factor stock decent items for all the big name cars.