PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten riding tunes

DaytonaDog
01-04-10, 06:53 PM
I was driving to work this morning and some classic tunes were played by my Ipod leading me to think that I need to do a playlist of tunes for when I'm on the bike. What would be your top ten riding tunes?

I will post mine when I've managed to narrow it down as there is so many to choice from but for starters:

Basket Case - Green Day
Whole lotta love - Led Zeppelin
Bat out of hell - Meat Loaf

Mark_Able
01-04-10, 07:48 PM
Trouble is, some tunes I like would encourage me to ride like a knob end. Some say (probably Jimmer) that I already do... :D

jimmer
01-04-10, 08:31 PM
I saw Chesney Hawkes on your ipod shouldnt get in to much trouble with that ;D

DaytonaDog
01-04-10, 08:35 PM
I must admit to having far to many cheesy tunes on my pod, although Chesney's not one of them though

Mark_Able
01-04-10, 08:38 PM
I saw Chesney Hawkes on your ipod shouldnt get in to much trouble with that ;D

I downloaded that one from your top tunes mate... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
02-04-10, 01:31 PM
I've never used an iPod on a bike (easy really, don't have one) but the wrong music on the wrong road could find you in the hedge if you're not careful... The Prodigy's Firestarter perhaps...? :-?

As for top driving/riding tunes, how about:
Song 2 - Blur
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Stargazer - Rainbow

Nico_babe
02-04-10, 02:14 PM
How about "keep rolling" by Limp Bizket?? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Lexx0r
02-04-10, 10:26 PM
I was driving to work this morning and some classic tunes were played by my Ipod leading me to think that I need to do a playlist of tunes for when I'm on the bike. What would be your top ten riding tunes?

I will post mine when I've managed to narrow it down as there is so many to choice from but for starters:

Basket Case - Green Day
Whole lotta love - Led Zeppelin
Bat out of hell - Meat Loaf

Basket Case used to make me rag the hell out of my GPR50 - Cant hear music on the 675 :( Need a iPod as any other MP3 is SO QUIET! :(

ro
03-04-10, 12:21 AM
I've only tried listening to music while riding once and didn't like it - too distracting. Perhaps something classical would be better - I might try Bach's Art of Fugue or Goldberg Variations next time.

Roxy
03-04-10, 12:32 AM
Have to say Kings of Leon are my top tune and have been for the past year..don't know who gave me that idea! [smiley=happy.gif]

I will listen to most things though so shuffle is always a good option! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
03-04-10, 11:36 AM
Hmmmm this has made me think a tad and i am thinking tunes for being out there in the zone on the bike.........

Start with Faithless - Insomnia as a set off/tyre warmer lol and then in no particular order (well i cant be bothered to sort them out)

ACDC - Thunderstruck
Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
Foo Fighters - Pretender
Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Nerd - Rockstar (Jason Nevins remix)
Foo Fighters - Best of You
Linken Park ft Jay Z - Numb Encore

Ryan
03-04-10, 11:41 AM
hardcore rave moosik, faster the better ;)

Kevinb
03-04-10, 01:09 PM
Breaking the law - Judas Priest
Bat out of hell - Meatloaf
Perfect Day - Lou Reed

DaytonaDog
03-04-10, 01:16 PM
Lexx0r

I had the same problem with my Ipod, couldn't hear a damn thing.

Two solutions that have worked for me is downloading an app called iVolume, which is a programme that increased the noise level of your MP3s and buying some decent in-ear headphones. These fit really well in your ear, block out the outside noise and give a really good bassy sound. The pair I bought were less than 25 pounds and are really really good.

bobf279
03-04-10, 04:01 PM
Anything on Radio 2 playing on my Cardo Scala Q2 when I remember to switch it on (which isn't very often)

Honda_Star
03-04-10, 06:46 PM
Muse - Time is running out

Mark_Able
03-04-10, 07:24 PM
Slowr1der, Thunderstruck... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Kevinb, Perfect Day... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

But to be honest, I don't listen to tunes when riding either. Too distracting. Just me and a 1000cc Yam... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Chappers
03-04-10, 09:19 PM
anything metallica or foo fighters for me.

very rarely listen to music on the bike though as I prefer to use ear plugs and stave off tinitus for a little while longer :-?

Chappers
03-04-10, 09:25 PM
Hmmmm this has made me think a tad and i am thinking tunes for being out there in the zone on the bike.........

Start with Faithless - Insomnia as a set off/tyre warmer lol and then in no particular order (well i cant be bothered to sort them out)

ACDC - Thunderstruck
Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
Foo Fighters - Pretender
Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Nerd - Rockstar (Jason Nevins remix)
Foo Fighters - Best of You
Linken Park ft Jay Z - Numb Encore

you been taking a peek at my itunes playlists? freakily similar [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
03-04-10, 09:48 PM
Muse - Time is running out

i have got to say that Muse do bang out some epic tunes and i think had i had an album or two of theirs to listen to they would have been deffo on the list [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

finbar
03-04-10, 11:12 PM
Sir mix alot...Baby got back! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Chappers
04-04-10, 08:34 AM
Sir mix alot...Baby got back! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Indeedy, step aside Shakespeare ;D ;D

Shake that bottom
I like em round and big
I like em round and big
I like em round and big
I like em round and big
Baby got ass, bass

Can't remember how he tried to rhyme ass and bass. I don't think he was talking about the fish?
http://usabassfishing.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/prints-of-bass-fishing2.jpg?w=378&h=154

alanTDM
04-04-10, 09:35 AM
Here is a good one for listening while travelling up the M4 should be at Chiswick just as it finishes lol
Hawkwind live - Motorway City http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR73jL_MNNs
Watch it on full screen ;D

wiltshire builders
04-04-10, 11:09 AM
There is no right or wrong tune to listen to when riding and everyone is entitled to their own opinion........except the people who suggested meatloaf.

Kevinb
04-04-10, 11:15 AM
I don't listen when I'm riding, but have been known to sing to myself (It's an age thing)

Uber Dave
04-04-10, 05:32 PM
If i am on a long ride on boring roads (motorways) for example if I go home to York thas 250miles of motorways, I stick my ipod in the top of my tank bag on shuffle. But I noticed that with quicker songs (Prodigy, Pendulum, Bassement Jaxx) and angrier songs (ACDC, Metalica etc) I speed up without even realising.

As a result I have started to make playlists which omit those songs If i can. Nothing specific just not andry or fast BPM.

I have also got some in ear earphones which do a good job of blocking out wing noise so even if I turn off my ipod they double as ear plugs.

jonnydangerous
06-04-10, 10:25 AM
+1 for "FIRESTARTER" by the prodigy....
Keith Flint used to have his own race team, riding blades, and he used to sit funny on it, with his toes out, and he earned the nick name "froggy"......wonder what HE listened to.....did he listen to himself singing Firestarter????........
:-)