PDA

View Full Version : Banned Member

Nokesy
16-05-10, 10:09 PM
Management have decided to ban Finbar from this forum due to his post in a thread under Site Feedback which has now been removed - including his public apology which you will all now never get to see! :(

His avatar has a slightly confusing active / inactive member wording but please don't think him rude if you PM him (which you still can do) but don't get a reply - as he can't do this anymore! :(

You will be missed on the forum Finbar but look forward to seeing you at meets and rideouts [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

EDIT : Finbar will not be joining for any WB rideouts as he is a banned forum member, this also bans him from attending ride outs, thats what a ban means. His being banned also doesn't mean that he uses your account or goes through you to post on this forum, the idea of a ban is that he is not allowed on the forum, even by proxy. If you continue to do it either through PM's or posts, you will put your own account at risk, we would rather not have to ban another account, so please don't also put us in a position were we have no other option.

Morticia
17-05-10, 07:29 AM
Could you tell him I want my bike back, please?

Nokesy
17-05-10, 08:13 AM
EDIT : Finbar will not be joining for any WB rideouts as he is a banned forum member, this also bans him from attending ride outs, thats what a ban means. His being banned also doesn't mean that he uses your account or goes through you to post on this forum, the idea of a ban is that he is not allowed on the forum, even by proxy. If you continue to do it either through PM's or posts, you will put your own account at risk, we would rather not have to ban another account, so please don't also put us in a position were we have no other option.[/quote]

My posts are entirely my own - I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'contiuing to do it either through PM's or posts' ? I just wanted to let everyone know where Finbar had gone - I am very happy to leave this subject alone and get on with life now. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] At least other members won't think he is being rude now when they get no response from a PM which was one of my main concerns.

Dabz
17-05-10, 08:26 AM
Can I just make it clear his ban is NOT reflecture purely of the post he made in the Site Feedback forum, so that allegation is completely untrue. Additionally, we can't ban people from attending rides as it's a free country - our ban is simply removing him from this online forum.

You will also NOT put your own account at risk if you PM someone else on his behalf.

Not sure where or why the above assumptions came from

Nokesy
17-05-10, 08:31 AM
Can I just make it clear his ban is NOT reflecture purely of the post he made in the Site Feedback forum, so that allegation is completely untrue. Additionally, we can't ban people from attending rides as it's a free country - our ban is simply removing him from this online forum.

You will also NOT put your own account at risk if you PM someone else on his behalf.

Not sure where or why the above assumptions came from

The words in 'red' were Hunar's edit to my original post.

Hunar
18-05-10, 07:49 PM
Right guys and girls firstly let me apologise for the late posting of this message, but as it comes on behalf of the forum admins, I have to make sure they all agree with the wording before I make a post on their behalf.

The decision was taken to ban Finbar from the forum due to his recent conduct. In the 5 year history of this forum, Finbar is only the 3rd person to get banned, it’s not a decision that is taken lightly or made on a whim, we don’t like having to ban members, but sometimes we are forced to do it.

There are certain terms and conditions that everyone must agree to when joining the forum, and with his recent conduct Finbar has broken those conditions. There are quite a few reasons that ended up in this choice being made, mostly the amount of complaints received regarding his behaviour and attitude towards other members of this forum at meets and also on the forum, but the final choice was made after watching the video of the ride out where the bike Fin was riding broke down and watching the tirade of abuse he launched at Robin.

As we are not self righteous thought Nazi’s, there is a site feedback section so that members can put forward ideas to improve the forum for everyone, however, we do expect a certain amount of civility when making a request, we cannot please everyone and in the vast majority of cases we like to discuss it before making a decision. In the matter of the word filter, when the request was made we started discussing it, we obviously have a few people who want it removed completely, a few who just want it turned down a bit, a few that want it turned down a lot, and a few that don’t want it turned down at all, now we have a responsibility to ensure that we find a solution that suits everyone, or at least pisses off as few people as possible, and as we all have lives outside of the forum we have to wait for the others to log in and read and reply, so the process isn’t instant, however the post Finbar made the next day, was far from civil, normally we would take it as a joke, but Finbar stated quite clearly that it wasn’t a joke, and his subsequent posts certainly confirmed that. We would take action against a member who spoke like that to another member, and I don’t think it’s un-reasonable to do the same when it’s aimed at the admins, or in this case, other members and the admins.

As always you are more than welcome to speak to any of the admins about this or any other matter

rich1988
18-05-10, 08:00 PM
I dont know the ins and outs of what happened extensively but if someone continues to abuse the rules and or members/admin on the forum they really wont do the forum any good so its clear there was no real choice left in the matter, thanks for keeping us all updated :)

Morticia
18-05-10, 08:36 PM
I just want my bike back...

rich1988
18-05-10, 08:41 PM
you havent got it back :s?? I Assumed you must be a good friend of his to lend it to him?

Morticia
18-05-10, 08:48 PM
I'm getting it tomorrow. I lend anything to anyone, specially a biker. Stupid, I know, but that's me! If I can help, I tend to...

rich1988
18-05-10, 08:57 PM
thats nice of you :D

Morticia
18-05-10, 09:00 PM
LOL, it backfires when people takes my kindness for weakness...then i have to pop a cap in their ass!!! ;D

Nico_babe
18-05-10, 10:33 PM
then i have to pop a cap in their ass!!! ;D

hahahahhahahaa [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]xx

Taylor86
19-05-10, 12:03 AM
*Mental Note - Do NOT under any circumstance annoy Morticia...*

:P

Morticia
19-05-10, 06:47 AM
LOL, my son keeps saying that, it's now stuck in my head...it really amuses me too...simples! :D

Ducatista
19-05-10, 09:30 AM
I have Finbars email, home phone and mobile phone (he's done some work for me in the past).
So if anyone would like to contact him then I would be happy to pass on his details to people I know.
I am sure you can also get the details from Nokesy, so there should not be an issue with people contacting him if they wish.
I am not going to post his details up for hopefully obvious reasons.

Morticia
19-05-10, 01:03 PM
I'm in touch with him, no worries.

Kevinb
19-05-10, 02:12 PM
Personally I don't like swearing and wouldn't want to see it typed up in all it's glory. Yes I'm no angel and do swear, but if you see sh1t or likewise it is less offensive than the real word. We don't need to use offensive words as we are all civilised and a lot of us old enough to know better (either as parents or grandparents)

If I upset people, then sorry, but I just needed to put my view forward.

Thanks

Kevin

wiltshire builders
19-05-10, 02:40 PM
I'm with you Kevin. There is a time and place. If you can't convey how you feel without swearing then personally i'd rather not talk to you. It's ignorant of people to think that just because they don't mind it then we all won't mind. Anyway I like to save swearing for special occasions, that way people know when i'm really "thingied off"!

rich1988
19-05-10, 06:36 PM
not just that but in a real life conversation you might swear and it would be appropriate to the conversation and also you can convey its meaning in the tone of voice, but on a forum people wont always take it in the intended manner as well as it staying there permantly personally I have no issues with a swear filter

bobf279
19-05-10, 10:43 PM
I think most of us use some sort of industrial language at times when talking to people but at least then you get the context which is lost in the written word. So I am happy not to see swear words.

SBQE2
20-05-10, 02:04 AM
I don't wish to come down on any particular side of this matter as I don't know the full details, and what's more I don't need to. But I think Rich makes a very good point about comments remaining on the forum long after they are made. Although not quite the same I have seen lots of things written in haste in an email that have come back later to bite the sender hard.

Morticia
20-05-10, 09:04 AM
I don't wish to come down on any particular side of this matter as I don't know the full details, and what's more I don't need to. But I think Rich makes a very good point about comments remaining on the forum long after they are made. Although not quite the same I have seen lots of things written in haste in an email that have come back later to bite the sender hard.

I was taken to court and they were trying to use letters I wrote over a decade ago, where there was a lot of wound up me writting how I felt it. I was mortified! But luckily, the judge said it was completely irrelevant and nothing more about it was said. That made me think twice before leaving things in print though, you never know where your words might end up in ten years time...

wiltshire builders
20-05-10, 03:20 PM
I think that comment has just confirmed that it is DEFINITELY not wise to be in Morticia's bad books. I want to know but i'm scared to ask.......

R1chie
20-05-10, 06:42 PM
The swear word filter has been slackened bar a few taboo words so it is down to the individual now on what they want to say and how they want to say it.

The majority of forums that have no filters tend to naturally promote 'self censoring' of the members anyway and I'm sure ours will go that way also judging by the posts on this thread.

8-)

Morticia
20-05-10, 07:33 PM
I think that comment has just confirmed that it is DEFINITELY not wise to be in Morticia's bad books. I want to know but i'm scared to ask.......

It was just my son's dad, wanting custody of my baby. I did let the lioness out, I must admit, but, most of the time I'm a sweetie. Steve, if you read this, shut up!!! ;D

Nico_babe
21-05-10, 09:30 AM

It was just my son's dad, wanting custody of my baby. I did let the lioness out, I must admit, but, most of the time I'm a sweetie. Steve, if you read this, shut up!!! ;D

hhahaahahaahahah [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Say it like it is girlfriend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
21-05-10, 09:40 AM

hhahaahahaahahah [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Say it like it is girlfriend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wiltshire builders
21-05-10, 12:29 PM

I'm hoping the "lioness" is a metaphor......

Morticia
21-05-10, 08:51 PM

I'm hoping the "lioness" is a metaphor......

Afraid not. I even growl! ;D