PDA

View Full Version : Weeding BBQ!

Nokesy
05-06-10, 02:29 PM
Right..... my garden is a mess!!! I am proposing an exchange of some (light!) labour in return for a great BBQ and cold beers!! :) (Once the BBQ has been uncovered of course!)

The weeds over the last few weeks have gone crazy and I was planning to plant some veggies but this can't happen until all the weeds have gone. Weedkiller not really an option (before someone suggests it) as my little cat Bob wouldn't appreciate it :( and the dead ones would still need clearing anyway.

OK..... Saturday 12th June 3pm - any willing volunteers? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

HensonA
05-06-10, 03:09 PM
...what on a good biking day ?? !!!!!! if weather sunny = good for BBQ but way too hot for gardening !!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ade......Cherry....Lemon....Band ...!!!!!!

Nokesy
05-06-10, 03:11 PM
...what on a good biking day ?? !!!!!! if weather sunny = good for BBQ but way too hot for gardening !!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can ride over (Cherry) Ade! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I'm sure I could get you some lemon...ADE to drink!!! ;D

Beamer
05-06-10, 06:44 PM
England v USA at 8pm on the 12th Gem........think there will be a few very very busy people that afternoon/evening lol

Jacde
05-06-10, 09:18 PM
I'd offer to help but I'm on nights >:(
boooo to work :D
:o blimey just looked at my rota, I'm not off for a weekend until 3rd of July

HensonA
05-06-10, 10:57 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can ride over (Cherry) Ade! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I'm sure I could get you some lemon...ADE to drink!!! ;D

It's a tempting offer Gemma....but I am probably going on a WABAM ride that Saturday if it is still happening.

Ade ....not Cherry, Lemon, Orange, Band, Air..... ::)

freddieb
06-06-10, 06:39 PM
Sorry luv, I'll be working.. Grindstone and all that carp...!! ;D ;D I love it really.. :-? :-?

Gerry
06-06-10, 07:15 PM
Oh No.. with great sadness I will be missing this opportunity to do some work weeding :-(

Instead I will be getting on the bike in the middle of the night, riding until I can't feel my wrists or bum, stopping for coffee & fuel, riding some more, stopping some more, riding etc etc.
Then I get to go on a train with no windows for half an hour before riding and stopping some more, this time trying to dodge oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the road.
Think the plan is to sleep a bit, eat some pastry that makes me feel gay trying to pronounce, before repeating the whole process backwards.
Finally rolling into bed in the middle of the night.
The following day I should be at work but will probably be in hospital getting a wrist tranplant (or the important right one anyway * ) and having my bum massaged back into life - with my luck by a hairy male nurse.

So on second thoughts - please can I come pluck your dandelions :)
G
* Right hand one as it works my throttle ;D

crewy
06-06-10, 10:49 PM
Would have come round and gave u hand, but alass, the football is on!!! sorry

Jacde
06-06-10, 11:02 PM
Gemma, you going to try another date, I can come on days off but they're mostly mid week at the mo, give me a shout as more than happy to brandish a strimmer ;D

jonnydangerous
07-06-10, 08:33 AM
lots of us are away for the Plymouth megaride on the 12th....else sounda a fair exchange of services :-)

Nokesy
07-06-10, 10:59 AM
Think I might watch the footy instead too then! ;D Anyone fancy meeting at the Black Horse to watch the game? [smiley=beer.gif]

Morticia
09-06-10, 09:03 AM
LOL! I read it as wedding BBQ, thought you where getting married, then read about weeds and thought what the??!!!

CBRowner
10-06-10, 10:06 AM
If you rearrange it for the Sunday, I'll come over and sort it for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
10-06-10, 01:03 PM
That's a good kind offer there Emlyn! :) Thank you mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I actually have found someone equally as mmaaaadddddd as you though whom is going to do it for me on Monday! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Why not get that 'clean' bike of yours sorted out and come on the Ace Cafe rideout instead if you're free? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
10-06-10, 01:51 PM
That's a good kind offer there Emlyn! :) Thank you mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I actually have found someone equally as mmaaaadddddd as you though whom is going to do it for me on Monday! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Why not get that 'clean' bike of yours sorted out and come on the Ace Cafe rideout instead if you're free? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't think the bike will be ready for at least another month due to the funds for the bike being low :'(

Hopefully I'll have my new bike soon so I won't need to worry about my lovely clean CBR for a while [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
10-06-10, 03:26 PM
And your new bike is..................... ?? :)

CBRowner
10-06-10, 03:59 PM
And your new bike is..................... ?? :)

Whatever takes my fancy when I go and see Stu at GW ;)