PDA

View Full Version : Exterior House Painting

amills
21-06-10, 09:21 PM
I need the exterior of my rendered house painted (all four walls). Can anyone recommend a professional, reputable contractor in the Wiltshire or surrounding counties to undertake such work ?

Aaron

jonnydangerous
22-06-10, 10:01 AM
Ring "Mukka" 07899 652634, he used to be a painter, but works as something else now, although he does painting "on the side" and he did my rendered walls for me not that long ago...
hes cheap too.........VERY!
tell him Jon Wallis recommended him.... :-)

Nokesy
22-06-10, 12:09 PM
Bonnielass has just painted her house! ;D And her sofa! ;D

BB
22-06-10, 04:45 PM
Bonnielass has just painted her house! ;D And her sofa! ;D

:o

BB

Toph
22-06-10, 09:24 PM
Why not paint it yourself Aaron?? :-?
you dip the brush in the paint and slap it on the wall,.... not difficult :D
;D ::) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
25-06-10, 08:12 AM
Why not paint it yourself Aaron?? :-?
you dip the brush in the paint and slap it on the wall,.... not difficult :D
;D ::) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I was going to say something similar.

Get yourself to Dulux Trade or even a DIY shop and buy some exterior paint and a good ladder or hire some scafolding [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

amills
25-06-10, 07:50 PM
Three storey house .... I'm brave but not stupid.

CBRowner
26-06-10, 07:27 AM
Three storey house .... I'm brave but not stupid.

Get a harness or something, you can fix them to the wall and are easily removed.

And a good scaffolding should be safe.

If you want it on the cheap ask someone nicely on here if they'll do it for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Don't look my way though, I've got a fobia that makes me want to jump when I'm at height and it scares the crap out of me, although a few beers would help the fobia ;D

redken1
26-06-10, 05:55 PM
Hi I am a painter and decorator and would be happy to come along and have a look at your property Aaron. You can send me a pm if you want my phone number.

Regards Ken

Bonnielass
27-06-10, 06:56 PM
I'm in the process of painting mine but it is only a cottage so not very high, but even that I couldn't do myself, I got my neighbour to do the top , doing the bottom half next weekend! ::)