PDA

View Full Version : speeding!!, thought you should all see this!

newnut
13-07-10, 10:19 AM
Thought you might be interested to know that, following the UK Government's freedom of information act, you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car/bike goes past a speed camera, even 1 mph over the set limit, it is registered onto a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or (this is the bit I didn't know), if you receive over 2 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address: http://www.i-database.co.uk

You will be asked for a password but just click on the need a Password link and you will be given one for future use.

Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle, click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

R1chie
13-07-10, 10:25 AM
Without even checking the link I'm tempted to move this to the muppet board.

Might have got away with it if it wasn't for the 'near misses'.

R2D2
13-07-10, 10:30 AM
Without wanting to come across all grinch-like, entering your car/bike reg into some random website isn't usually the best idea.

Green Man
13-07-10, 10:42 AM
cant see the point [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
13-07-10, 11:11 AM
I cant see the point of this website if i go through a speed camera over the limit i will soon know about it with a nice little picture in the post !! :-/ :-/

It's a wind up not a genuine site ;D

newnut
13-07-10, 12:19 PM
i fell for it a while back on another site, just wondered if there were any others as daft as me! lol

Roll_on
13-07-10, 12:23 PM
Its funny even as a wind-up and good to send to others.

Morticia
13-07-10, 08:27 PM
i fell for it a while back on another site, just wondered if there were any others as daft as me! lol

That'd be me then! ;D

I was going for it till I saw R1chie's post :-[

CBRowner
13-07-10, 09:31 PM
I should read posts properly cos I've just clicked on the link :(

igbell
14-07-10, 05:15 PM
Doh!!!!