PDA

View Full Version : Live Music

Bonnielass
05-07-10, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know of pubs in and around this area that have live music? Or a listing anywhere, tried the internet yesterday and it was rubbish!

Green Man
05-07-10, 09:17 AM
Hi bonnielass try the Dursley Arms or white swan on saturday nights [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
05-07-10, 10:55 AM
Rosie, are you just after T'bridge or are you interested in further afield, will ask one of the lads at work who is into live music he might know where you can look.

Bonnielass
05-07-10, 11:09 AM
It would be nice if it was a little further afield so we could ride to the venue. I have a feeling that someone on the forum sings in a band (maybe Gladilicious), perhaps she could put on here where she is playing! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
05-07-10, 11:17 AM
Ooh I think you are right, I'm sure she said something about a band on the girls ride out. If further afield is good will definitely ask the lad at work as he goes to loads of gigs.

smellygerm
05-07-10, 12:16 PM
We have live music on the last Saturday of every month, do you know any good bands if so let us know. The Harp and Crown in Gastard is where I'm at. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Uber Dave
05-07-10, 12:35 PM
The pigs in Corsham has music on every Monday night. Its on Pickwick Rd next to the Hare and Hound.

wiltshire builders
05-07-10, 12:53 PM
The Old Road Tavern in Chippenham has a stage in their barn. Seen a couple of bands there and generally a good atmosphere. Also has a beer garden and is right by the train station. Frequented by people with a more "alternative" lifestyle you may draw some funny looks if you were to wear something as flamboyant as, say, a shirt or leather shoes. I'm always on the lookout for decent music venues so let us know how you get on.

CBRowner
05-07-10, 01:37 PM
Rosie, the Angel in Westbury does live music on the weekend and I also do date related disco's in there as well and I've been known to grab the mic and have a little sing as well ;D

If you're interested, I'm doing a 70's and 80's weekend up there starting from 8pm till midnight and you're more than welcome to come along [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bubblylittleme
05-07-10, 04:16 PM
The Pilot in Bowerhill Melksham has live bands every Friday nite and singer on Saturday nites.

Bonnielass
05-07-10, 10:12 PM
Thanks guys for your input, definitely some good ideas there. There used to be a really good music scene locally but it seems to have gone off the boil lately. I'll keep you posted if I do get to see any good bands and likewise if any of you see of a good band playing post it up here. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltshire builders
06-07-10, 04:37 PM
Sir Audleys arms have got Who's Next , the uk's premier The Who tribute band, playing this saturday from 20:30. They're pretty lively but don't smash up their kit unfortunately.

The pub is in audley road, Chippenham. Should be a great night....unless you don't like The Who in which case i'd probably not bother.

Bonnielass
06-07-10, 05:58 PM
Thanks Wiltshire Builders, I have seen Who's Next and they''re pretty damn good, this is exactly the sort of band I'm looking for, unfortunately I won't be able to go, I have my son coming home for the weekend and I don't think it would be his sort of thing. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltshire builders
06-07-10, 09:54 PM
I'm going to a party up the road so can't make it either. Might slip out when nobodys looking.
The boys from county hell are booked for september. I'm pretty sure you know who they are. I'll find out the exact date and post it on here.

They had the Killertones the other week who are also worth a listen. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bonnielass
06-07-10, 10:16 PM
Sounds like a good place to go, I'll have to give them a call, see if I can get a list of who's playing and when. Cheers. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
12-07-10, 06:50 PM
The Vic and The Rolly have live music almost every weekend, both in Swindon.

R2D2
13-07-10, 12:27 AM
It would be nice if it was a little further afield so we could ride to the venue. I have a feeling that someone on the forum sings in a band (maybe Gladilicious), perhaps she could put on here where she is playing! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Yup, Jen sings in a local band called Echo, you can find them at http://www.echo-band.co.uk with a gig listing. Mostly around Swindon but some further towards Trobro (and some in the other direction).

Chris

mcicy
13-07-10, 01:56 AM
Riffs Bar in Swindon have some great live bands

Davey
19-07-10, 10:29 AM
12 bar in Swindon
Riffs in lydiard
Swiss Chalet in Swindon
Moonrakers in swindon

all have regular live bands [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JAYJAY
20-07-10, 12:10 AM
Riff's Bar at Greatfield near wooton Bassett has won the UK music Pub of the year 3 times and is biker friendly.

Check upcoming gigs at www.riffsbar.com [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
20-07-10, 02:25 AM
Rosie, I asked the chap at work who is into his live music and he said all the bars/pubs that Stu, JayJay, McIcy and Mortica have posted. Also mentioned the Face bar in Reading and said both Newbury and Bristol were good places to head for live music. Hope that helps :)

Bonnielass
20-07-10, 07:18 AM
Thanks Jacde, I will certainly check some of these out. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]