PDA

View Full Version : Name Change ?

Gerry
10-08-10, 10:29 AM
OK you guys, I have a pole for you (no rude comments please)
::)
I’ve been on a car forum for years and was always known as “Gatso” after the beloved speed camera, this worked well as I could still sign things as “G” and it was a bit of fun.

About a year ago my life changed dramatically, and I didn’t feel like fun and changed my name to Gerry on all my forums, which as you know it still is.

A year down the road, life is fun again (in no small part due to the brilliant people I’ve met on here) and I’m wondering if I should ask Dabz to “Gatso” me again ?

So, what do ya think ? Keep Gerry or go with Gatso ?

No other name suggestion will be considered as I know what a sarcy bunch you are, so no “Oldie” “Shorty”
“Baldy” or any references to yellow please ;)

Will decide on Friday [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

G :)

Beamer
10-08-10, 10:37 AM
GO FOR IT GATSO........ you're a fun bloke and if gatso makes you feel 'wicked' again then thats the way you should go....but in saying that, you have evolved into a different man than you were a year ago Im sure of that, and would going back to the that name be a step back???.........Only you can decide that 1 Gerry, but a fun name is good lol xxx ;D ;D ;D

Roll_on
10-08-10, 10:55 AM
As long as you keep biking then whatever makes you feel good. You could always have both and be known as Gerry Gatso.

Roll_on
10-08-10, 10:56 AM
or maybe Gatso Gerry

bubblylittleme
10-08-10, 11:06 AM
I love you as Gerry... That's what we have only known the lovely u as!
But then it's up to you...

Bornagain
10-08-10, 11:18 AM
Gotta be Gatso, sounds kind of distinguished - "The great Gatso"..... sort of thing.... and a bit cheeky at the same time, i'm waffling
I vote for Gatso!

jonnydangerous
10-08-10, 11:19 AM
gatso gerry = GG, DoubleG or GeeGee.
if you decide on a mohecan.... Mr G?
cos you ride a 2 cylinder bike.......G'twin
if you take up sky diving....G'ronimo
if you wanna "Hold it all together" or become a traffic warden..... G clamp
fancy something racier (and linked to your CAR thingy) TurboG or Gforce.
if you fancy something a bit saucier......G'string.... ;D

change your name, but dont change the person.... he's fine as he is [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
10-08-10, 11:44 AM
I love you as Gerry toooooo. Although Gatso sounds fun, Gerry makes me think of a genuine honey that is one in a million [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Uber Dave
10-08-10, 12:02 PM
"if you take up sky diving....G'ronimo"

That one has my vote!

Gerry also you dont need to get Dabz to change it, go to your userCP then change it in there yourself.

Gerry
10-08-10, 12:15 PM
You make me blush ladies :-[

Jaydee, many thanks for the thought you have put in, I'm pleased Gerry-atric wasn't included ;D

G'ronimo reminds me of a bit of a programme on telly years ago and an old bloke recalling his very first re-usable condom which he called Geronimo ;D

G :)

Jacde
10-08-10, 05:30 PM
You'll always be Gerry to me :)

Bonnielass
10-08-10, 05:31 PM
I think we have all grown to know and love the Gerry that you have become over the last year! I think you should do exactly what you want, we'll love you just the same. :-*

Love the Jaydee comments! ;D

Bonnielass
10-08-10, 05:34 PM
My vote was 'who cares', not because I don't care but because I love you just the way you are. :-*

BB
10-08-10, 07:20 PM
You are great as you are G, but you call yourself whatever you feel happy with! :-*

BB

Toph
10-08-10, 11:53 PM
Call yourself Gerry or Gatso, I'm just happy to have you as a friend, you're a top man!! ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
11-08-10, 05:25 PM
I like Gerry :-* (as a forum name too! ;D) Don't think you should go back to a name you 'used' to have, as life moves forward and you are probably a very different man to 'Gatso' now. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
11-08-10, 05:28 PM
Well at ten votes to two, I think it's been decided - Gatso has gone forever ;)

Won't add anything to it, ie. "atric", "builder" "onimo" etc ;D

Thanks folks...

Gerry :)

Nico_babe
12-08-10, 10:12 AM
Good choice. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Brains_SA
12-08-10, 10:57 AM
You could go for Geraldine if you want a BIG change!

redken1
12-08-10, 08:56 PM
I know a man that can - Gerry Can

redken1
12-08-10, 08:57 PM
Sorry Gerry I cud'nt resist it