PDA

View Full Version : Old Biker to new site

Weldone_Uk
09-08-10, 09:19 PM
Hi guys & gals, I was a biker until I got a family and it became impractical to have a bike,

I am now 47 with my own business of a mobile welding company

I have been welding & fabricating for over 23 years, I cover all forms of welding including Tig(Stainless & Aluminium). [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

If you have a problem that needs a welder then please get in touch. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
09-08-10, 09:42 PM
I can do it much cheaper... lol Ive been a welder fabricator for 32 years, I 've been a Wber for a while, preferential rates apply!!! ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
09-08-10, 09:53 PM
thats nice to know toph....thanx for the info.......and will remember you if/when i need some welding done xx ;D ;D ;D

Green Man
09-08-10, 09:58 PM
I can do it much cheaper... lol Ive been a welder fabricator for 32 years, I 've been a Wber for a while, preferential rates apply!!! ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph you are the best and with mates rates even better [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
09-08-10, 10:04 PM
yeah but who's best there's only one way to find out [smiley=thumbsup.gif] !FIGHT!

Toph
09-08-10, 10:08 PM
I'm not very good at fighting :D :D ;D
but I'm a bloody good welder!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
you make me laff Stace... you really do!!!

Weldone_Uk
09-08-10, 10:14 PM
Hi toph, you may say you are a good welder but I am an excellant welder in all forms, any body can say they are a welder and anybody can weld if they spend a little time practicing but you need patience and time to became an excellant welder and do the job right first time every time with no comebacks... ;D

Snowy
09-08-10, 10:21 PM
Hi toph, you may say you are a good welder but I am an excellant welder in all forms, any body can say they are a welder and anybody can weld if they spend a little time practicing but you need patience and time to became an excellant welder and do the job right first time every time with no comebacks... ;D

But with 2 posts to your credit, one could be forgiven to think you are just selling your wares on this forum and have no interest in riding bikes. Mind you, I'm sure Dabz would take some advertising money from you!

Toph
09-08-10, 10:29 PM
he does sound like he is selling his company and is not interested in WB.

Green Man
09-08-10, 10:35 PM
he does sound like he is selling his company and is not interested in WB.
Hear hear PS dont like electric blue on a van anyway [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
09-08-10, 10:36 PM
I can't weld, but I do know how to solder! ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
09-08-10, 10:37 PM
welcome to WB ;D

Toph
09-08-10, 10:44 PM
I was welding when his sphincter was the size of a shirtbutton!!! :D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
09-08-10, 10:48 PM
yeah but who's best there's only one way to find out [smiley=thumbsup.gif] !FIGHT!

Food Fight?????? lmao ;D ;D

Toph
09-08-10, 10:53 PM
who's the target Tina?? no prizes for guessing LOL

Beamer
09-08-10, 10:53 PM

Mr Weldone....you may say you're a biker and used to ride but anybody can say that..... we've seen Toph ride ........so as Toph is a well established member of the forum and has never resorted to trying to 'drum up trade' I am inclined to stick with who and what I know......
So it's a massive thumbs up for our Toph [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
09-08-10, 11:02 PM
:-* ;D
I 'm sure I've mentioned how much I love you Tina .. Ha ha lol
But seriously WBers, if any of you have any small welding jobs needing doing, broken levers , footrests, blowing exhausts etc,,, in steel, ali or stainless, Pm me, I'm not a company ,I'm just a Wber who happens to be a welder. I'll help you if I can, I'll only charge a token amount, (or buy me a drink!!) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

newnut
10-08-10, 02:52 AM
you must be bloody good at welding anything toph, how did you get that zebra to stay on that bike anyway? lol

Weldone_Uk
10-08-10, 06:33 AM

But with 2 posts to your credit, one could be forgiven to think you are just selling your wares on this forum and have no interest in riding bikes. Mind you, I'm sure Dabz would take some advertising money from you!

I do have an interest in riding bikes, a huge interest, but when my brother gets killed on one in Bristol and my family tells me to get rid of mine what do I do !!!!!!!!!
My heart misses a beat when I hear or see a ducati or Harley or Kwaka go by, I could spend hours at George Whites, so please do not tell me I have no interest in bike's. I always have and always will [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=happy.gif] :P ::) :o ;D

ro
10-08-10, 06:34 AM
you must be bloody good at welding anything toph, how did you get that zebra to stay on that bike anyway? lolThat'll be the custom hoofrests :)

Morticia
10-08-10, 08:59 AM
[/quote]That'll be the custom hoofrests :)[/quote]

;D

silly_simon
10-08-10, 12:14 PM
Besides Toph only lives and works in Trowbridge [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Which if my geography is correct is in WILTSHIRE :P :P

jonnydangerous
10-08-10, 03:00 PM
ive always found that "Kebabs" are an excellent form of payment...... :-) and anyone offering to work for Kebabs isnt running a business....

altho i would like to see the tax mans face when the bottom line read "i o the taxman 32 kebabs".......hahaha

BB
10-08-10, 07:25 PM
Welcome to WB, Weldone. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] We have quite a few non Wiltshire people on here so take no notice of that comment.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if you do or don't ride a bike yourself - an interest in bikes and a sense of humour is good enough for me! 8-)

BB

Weldone_Uk
10-08-10, 09:18 PM
Welcome to WB, Weldone. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] We have quite a few non Wiltshire people on here so take no notice of that comment.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if you do or don't ride a bike yourself - an interest in bikes and a sense of humour is good enough for me! 8-)

BB

Thanks BB, I wish I did still ride, the last bike I had was a Suzuki GF 250 Japanese grey import racing bike, yes that is right a GF(this is not a type o), I had to take it to the bike shop in Swindon at the back of the railway museum to have a new cam chain put in and the guy there had not even seen one before, it was and still is the only one in this country as far as I know, I sold it to a guy in Bristol when my missus told me to get rid of, it was a four stroke water cooled bloody fast bike, god I miss my bike's. I have had all sorts from Honda's to Kawasaki including a CZ and sorry to say an MZ. :D My first ever bike was a Yamaha fsie, :-[ I will one day own a Harley, once I have got rid of the kids, my missus does like Harley's thankfully. I know there is a shortage of good welders thats why I let people know that I am available, not because I wanted to tote my wares as others on here think. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Just putting things straight 8-) ;D

CBRowner
10-08-10, 09:30 PM
Hello and welcome. It's ok not coming from Wiltshire, I'm only just within the county lines [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
11-08-10, 09:58 AM

BB

Sorry if I offended but it was meant "tougne in cheek" but it is difficult to relay that in word's on a page.

If its going to be like this then I will say a big fat goodbye to the lot of ya >:(

Gerry
11-08-10, 11:56 AM
Simon - be chilled mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif], I'm sure BB was only looking to give our new chap a hearty welcome, not having a pop at you.
Yours was only one of a few tongue-in-cheek comments which made me smile ;)

Weldone - You must admit is was easy for us to get the wrong impression from your first post, as it's all about welding and not about bikes !

I agree with BB, Weldone (creep that I am) a sense of humor is most important on here ;)

PS. I would just like to point out that although I reside in Wiltshire, my heart is still in Gods own County - Yorkshire ;)

G :)

Nokesy
11-08-10, 05:08 PM
I don't care where people work / live, whether they ride / don't ride / used to ride / hope to ride, etc. etc... welcome Weldone [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Beside Toph might be busy when I need something welding! ;)

BB
11-08-10, 07:25 PM

BB

Sorry if I offended but it was meant "tougne in cheek" but it is difficult to relay that in word's on a page.

If its going to be like this then I will say a big fat goodbye to the lot of ya >:(

Chill! As you say Simon, difficult to relay tone of voice in type. No 'pop' intended - if I was going to have a pop at someone they would know it! (Wouldn't they Amante?) ;) 8-)

BB

bobf279
13-08-10, 09:11 PM
I can't weld but I used to be a soldier ;D

Toph
13-08-10, 11:05 PM
I have to admit, I was a little harsh to weldone, I was taken aback by the "anyone can say they can weld" post, I thought it was a tad disrespectful, I have been a welder for 32 years, I love my job, I love creating unique bespoke items, often to customers personal design, the satisfaction I get from seeing one of my creations in situ fills me with pride..
can I say welcome to WB, Weldone, lets start again... we are a happy friendly family, come to one of our meets, or a rideout, you'll always get a warm welcome!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
13-08-10, 11:29 PM
Well said Toph, but then as Gerry said 1st post was mostly advertising and not much bike, ideally Weldone (I keep thinking well done as opposed to weld 1 :D) should have said hello in the introduce yourself thread and then what he does in in the what do you do thread, but hey ho, how boring would we be if we were all perfect ;)

Weldone_Uk
14-08-10, 04:32 PM
I have to admit, I was a little harsh to weldone, I was taken aback by the "anyone can say they can weld" post, I thought it was a tad disrespectful, I have been a welder for 32 years, I love my job, I love creating unique bespoke items, often to customers personal design, the satisfaction I get from seeing one of my creations in situ fills me with pride..
can I say welcome to WB, Weldone, lets start again... we are a happy friendly family, come to one of our meets, or a rideout, you'll always get a warm welcome!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Let me say first that I apolgise to all that I may of offended, especially toph, I totally understand why people got the wrong idea first of but if you all read my other posts you will see that I am a biker, just because I am not allowed to ride again, at present, being a rider will always be in my blood, the same as welding is, I understand where you are coming from toph when you see your work on display, it does fill you with pride knowing you did that and that you did the best you could, any decent welder would feel that, but you must also understand that there are them out there that only have the basics of welding and call themselves a welder, I have come across them and have also put right their mess, I expect you have also. So yes please to starting again and thank you for the welcome. All the best to all

Beamer
14-08-10, 06:57 PM
he he he..... I have experienced the other side of bad welding..... the removing of some of my 'cooking' disasters that I have managed to 'weld' onto my baking trays etc lmao ......... but things are improving with age (mine and the baking trays lol) xx :) :) :)

StreetHippo
15-08-10, 01:39 AM
Did it look like this:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20%20A/Suzuki%20GF%20250%201985.jpg

Stu 8-)

Weldone_Uk
15-08-10, 03:21 AM
Did it look like this:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20%20A/Suzuki%20GF%20250%201985.jpg

Stu 8-)

Hi Stu, it was similar but all black and water cooled [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 8-) ;D