PDA

View Full Version : Dating Tips please?

Pages : 1 [2]

Morticia
27-06-10, 10:19 PM
You boys burn your balls on 3rd dates? Is it some english ritual I've never heard of before? ;D

Gosh, this thread's got me in stitches!

CBRowner
27-06-10, 10:22 PM
i think if you don't get anything by date 3 it means you're not going to or something like that.

Me personally don't get anything regardless of how many dates or how much I've spent :(

Morticia
27-06-10, 10:29 PM
i think if you don't get anything by date 3 it means you're not going to or something like that.

Me personally don't get anything regardless of how many dates or how much I've spent :(

It's not about the money! Steve used to "treat" me to a sandwich in tesco's car park, and I loved it everytime! (He got promoted last year, so it's Sainsbury's now LOL) He also took me to a free comedy night, and the comedians slaughtered him for that.

The right girl's round the corner, don't give up just yet.

RedSoul
27-06-10, 10:29 PM

I dont think its anything personall....its just that you have 2 heads,3 legs and 12 fingers ;D ;D ;D

Morticia
27-06-10, 10:30 PM

I dont think its anything personall....its just that you have 2 heads,3 legs and 12 fingers ;D ;D ;D

LMAO!!!

CBRowner
27-06-10, 10:33 PM

I was going to say something then but it may offend people on here ;)

I'm just a nice person, so much so that the girls I start dating become good friends. I'm oblivious to someone trying it on with me which could be a major flaw and I'm too nice to make the first move anyway :)

Morticia
27-06-10, 10:40 PM
Well, the modern woman has no issues with making the first move, I believe? I am a cavewoman, but this is what I'm told. Even my son gets asked out, and he's only 14! Freaking floozies!!! ;D

The nice guy bit may prove a problem, girls seem to go for the bad boy then complain when they get a beating...I don't know, really can't offer you advice. All the nice guys I meet get walked over by some hardcore female dog, you might want to toughen up, slap them around a couple of times and see if that works any better ;D

CBRowner
27-06-10, 10:43 PM
Well, the modern woman has no issues with making the first move, I believe? I am a cavewoman, but this is what I'm told. Even my son gets asked out, and he's only 14! Freaking floozies!!! ;D

The nice guy bit may prove a problem, girls seem to go for the bad boy then complain when they get a beating...I don't know, really can't offer you advice. All the nice guys I meet get walked over by some hardcore female dog, you might want to toughen up, slap them around a couple of times and see if that works any better ;D

Hmmm, I don't think I'll be slapping anyone around.
I'm the nice alternative to the bad boy :)

Morticia
27-06-10, 10:45 PM
Ah, I got myself one of those, best thing I ever did!

CBRowner
27-06-10, 10:49 PM
We're about but most of the women I know go for d**ks like my mates who'll treat them like crap yet they keep coming back :-?

Morticia
27-06-10, 10:54 PM
I must admit, it took me aaaaaaaaaaaaaages to realise he really is like that, not faking it or trying to get something from me...

CBRowner
27-06-10, 10:56 PM
Ahh yes, some of us can be sneaky f**kers but there are genuine people out there that just want a friendship and maybe something more serious.

I on the other hand just really enjoy the company of females and that's not to be taken in a homosexual way ::)

Morticia
27-06-10, 11:07 PM
Female company gets a bit bi***y sometimes, and that's why I tend to prefer male friends. You say it how it is, they take it or disagree with you quite happily, and they don't smile on your face then stab you as soon as your back is turned. I like that.

CBRowner
27-06-10, 11:09 PM
Blokes are the same. I try not to do that but even a nice person like me has been known to talk about someone behind their backs.

It's just a human thing :)

Morticia
27-06-10, 11:14 PM
I thought men had a punch up then a beer?

Gerry
27-06-10, 11:16 PM
We're about but most of the women I know go for d**ks like my mates who'll treat them like crap yet they keep coming back :-?

Great (funny) thread... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

When you find the key to "what women want" give me a nod will you :)

I think something peculiar has happened in the past thirty years ( whilst I have been out of action happily married) like you, I was under the misapprehension that women liked such things as being truthful and loyal, with empathy, understanding and general "gentlemanlyness" (made that word up but you know what I mean) and I'm sure some do - providing you are 6'4 and look like a cross between Vin Diesel & George Clooney !

But as a newly single man, it seems the best ladies (by best I mean pretty much all of them) seem to be tied up to men who aren’t that bothered about them, let alone treat them like "the princess they are" (your good quote, which I agree with).

Perhaps you ought to try a different tactic, more ball scratching, drinking, watching footy on the telly and generally ignoring them whilst they get on with all the housework, job etc etc.

For my part I’d be more than happy with somebody who is simply loyal and caring ….. (and looks like Andrea Corr and goes like an express train obviously) if I find her, I’ll ask if she’s got a younger sister for you [smiley=happy.gif]

Yours,
Happy to be single... (read desperate)
Big Ged !

Nokesy
27-06-10, 11:17 PM
you might want to toughen up, slap them around a couple of times and see if that works any better ;D

Morticia - that's awful :( I know there's a laughing smiley at the end signifying a 'joke' but I work with women who suffer DV on a daily basis and have sometimes been pimped by their parents age 12 - what chance do they have in life? Suggesting 'slapping' women around will not improve anyone's life - that's quite offensive to read.

Morticia
27-06-10, 11:18 PM
Dude, you too? What is wrong with all those women out there??!

Morticia
27-06-10, 11:19 PM
Well, I wasn't made for the easily offended.

Nokesy
27-06-10, 11:28 PM
Hey guys - let's get something straight here - truthfulness, loyalty, empathy, undersanding, gentlemanliness are all very valuable, honorable traits and please don't EVER change if you hold these - these are certainly things I look for in a man [smiley=thumbsup.gif] It's just about finding the right partner on both sides and that will happen for us all :)

CBRowner
27-06-10, 11:29 PM

Great (funny) thread... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

When you find the key to "what women want" give me a nod will you :)

I think something peculiar has happened in the past thirty years ( whilst I have been out of action happily married) like you, I was under the misapprehension that women liked such things as being truthful and loyal, with empathy, understanding and general "gentlemanlyness" (made that word up but you know what I mean) and I'm sure some do - providing you are 6'4 and look like a cross between Vin Diesel & George Clooney !

But as a newly single man, it seems the best ladies (by best I mean pretty much all of them) seem to be tied up to men who aren’t that bothered about them, let alone treat them like "the princess they are" (your good quote, which I agree with).

Perhaps you ought to try a different tactic, more ball scratching, drinking, watching footy on the telly and generally ignoring them whilst they get on with all the housework, job etc etc.

For my part I’d be more than happy with somebody who is simply loyal and caring ….. (and looks like Andrea Corr and goes like an express train obviously) if I find her, I’ll ask if she’s got a younger sister for you [smiley=happy.gif]

Yours,
Happy to be single... (read desperate)
Big Ged !

If women want a 6'4" George Clooney or Vin Diesel type of bloke, then I'm screwed.

I'm more of a Danny Divito sort, short fat and balding ;D

Nokesy
27-06-10, 11:32 PM

Well, I'd like to invite you to one of my projects that supports women exiting the sex industry, you can spend some time listening to them talk about their lives, and then if you still think 'slapping' women around is a good idea to suggest to men then talk to me off the forum and I'll give you a few other things to think about

Morticia
27-06-10, 11:46 PM

Well, I'd like to invite you to one of my projects that supports women exiting the sex industry, you can spend some time listening to them talk about their lives, and then if you still think 'slapping' women around is a good idea to suggest to men then talk to me off the forum and I'll give you a few other things to think about

Look, it's a joke. It's ok for you to joke about something else but not for me? I don't think so. And I have plenty of sad stories myself, so ta for the offer, but no, ta.

Nokesy
27-06-10, 11:49 PM
Something else .... what?

'Joke' wasn't very funny BTW

Morticia
27-06-10, 11:57 PM
Nokesy, if we all laughed at the same stuff the world would be a very boring place.

And in the words of Jimmy Carr, offence is not given, it's taken.

Now I can't be bothered with this anymore, so I'm off to bed.Think whatever you want. Night.

Nokesy
28-06-10, 12:05 AM
I'm not laughing at all........ pretty saddened really at your suggestions and yes, I have taken offence because I simply don't understand how or why you would suggest 'slapping' women to anyone but I guess not everyone in this world will see my point of view.... maybe if they did there would be less need for projects like ours that support the most marginalised groups in society....... and yes, that would make me very happy..... the day there is no need for our services will be a very good one indeed.... until then I'll keep trying to change things and take pride in it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
28-06-10, 12:10 AM
QUOTE:

If women want a 6'4" George Clooney or Vin Diesel type of bloke, then I'm screwed.
"I'm more of a Danny Divito sort, short fat and balding"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emlyn mate - you must be my long lost (younger) twin [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now on the subject of being screwed, I thought that was the whole point (to life, the universe and everything)

:)

CBRowner
28-06-10, 12:12 AM
QUOTE:
"I'm more of a Danny Divito sort, short fat and balding"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emlyn mate - you must be my long lost (younger) twin [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

So you think you look like Arnie then ;D

Nokesy
28-06-10, 12:13 AM
Lol! ;D Gerry - so you DO have a twin after all! ;D And this time, you're definitely not talking engines! ;D

Gerry
28-06-10, 12:16 AM
Lol! ;D So you DO have a twin after all! ;D And this time, you're definitely not talking engines! ;D

Emlyn, as we (blokes) know, Twins have a certain facination for us, I wonder if it's the same for the ladies, you never know we may be on to a good thing.

Nokesy, your dreams may just come true (if you talk to us nicely)...
or just mumble ;)

G

CBRowner
28-06-10, 12:20 AM
Probably do you some good cos I'm the shy type :-[ ;D

Jacde
28-06-10, 12:26 AM
Lol! ;D So you DO have a twin after all! ;D And this time, you're definitely not talking engines! ;D

Emlyn, as we (blokes) know, Twins have a certain facination for us, I wonder if it's the same for the ladies, you never know we may be on to a good thing.

Nokesy, your dreams may just come true (if you talk to us nicely)...
or just mumble ;)

G

Good luck Gemma ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nokesy
28-06-10, 12:28 AM
I have a twin too........... (no, not an engine!! ;D)

Jacde
28-06-10, 12:29 AM
Oh please let it be a brother twin and not a sister twin ;D ;D ;D ;D
sorry Emlyn and Gerry ;D

Gerry
28-06-10, 12:30 AM

Not an older female one by any chance [smiley=thumbsup.gif] (please God) ::)

Nokesy
28-06-10, 12:33 AM
mmmmmm....... might keep you guessing for a while.......... ;D

Gerry
28-06-10, 12:33 AM
Sorry about my slow reply, you beat me Jackie !

(that has kind of a pervy ring to it) I like it [smiley=happy.gif]

CBRowner
28-06-10, 12:36 AM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;)

CBRowner
28-06-10, 12:37 AM

Can't really be much of an older one concidering it's a twin :-? ;D

Gerry
28-06-10, 12:38 AM

Twas a private joke as Nokesy is only just out of her teens

CBRowner
28-06-10, 12:41 AM

Ahh, Roger that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
28-06-10, 12:42 AM

Ahh, Roger that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Don't start that again, I've only just calmed down from the thoughts of Nokesy's older sister :o

CBRowner
28-06-10, 12:43 AM
Ha ha, that's so rude and on a monday morning ;D

Nokesy
28-06-10, 12:47 AM
Was really slow there - never clocked the 'older one' bit til reading that then!! ;D OK....... my twin's a boy (I mean man.....Gerry... I so wish I was just out of my teens!! ;D) and I'm often asked if we are identical!!! ;D Ummmmmmm......... at that point I usually ask what that person's perception is of the word 'identical'!! ;D

Jacde
28-06-10, 12:49 AM
;D ;D ;D
that's Gerry and Emlyn's dreams corrected for tonight then!

CBRowner
28-06-10, 12:51 AM
I supose if I was stood next to Danny Divito or one of the Krankies, People may think I have an identical twin ;D

CBRowner
28-06-10, 12:53 AM
;D ;D ;D

It did kind of ruin my night. I'm now having to spend the next 7 hours, at work with a load of blokes, with my fantasies destroyed :'(

Jacde
28-06-10, 01:03 AM
You must work with blokes very similar to the ones I work with, I've given up having any thought of fantasies when I'm at work! :-/

Gerry
28-06-10, 01:06 AM
;D ;D ;D

As an ex boy scout, I try to always "be prepared" so fortnately have a reserve dream just in case, and as it's now 12.58 I really ought to be heading for my big, lonely bed, all on my lonesome on my own (have I pinged your heart strings yet) ?

If they are pinged, I could always skip my reserve dream and be round at your place in about 30 minutes (no, not yours Emlyn) !

G

CBRowner
28-06-10, 01:06 AM
You must work with blokes very similar to the ones I work with, I've given up having any thought of fantasies when I'm at work! :-/

I don't have fantasies about the blokes I work with :o

I know things like that are allowed in the forces but it's not compulsary ;D

Nokesy
28-06-10, 01:13 AM
;D ;D ;D

As an ex boy scout, I try to always "be prepared" so fortnately have a reserve dream just in case, and as it's now 12.58 I really ought to be heading for my big, lonely bed, all on my lonesome on my own (have I pinged your heart strings yet) ?

If they are pinged, I could always skip my reserve dream and be round at your place in about 30 minutes (no, not yours Emlyn) !

G

There's always a place in my heart for you Gerry! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Especially when you come armed with Chinese food! ;D

Jacde
28-06-10, 01:17 AM
Or Chocolate?
Heart strings not that hardened that I can't sympathise with someone else that gets to sleep on what ever side of their bed they feel like ;D
one of the plus points of being single I feel! ::)

Nokesy
28-06-10, 01:20 AM
I know! Definate big advantage - amongst many others! :) I prefer star-shaped in the middle myself!! ;D

CBRowner
28-06-10, 01:21 AM
I find I sleep on the same side regardless ;D

Gerry
28-06-10, 01:22 AM
I know! Definate big advantage - amongst many others! :) I prefer star-shaped in the middle myself!! ;D

OMG... I knew I should have hit the sack when I said I was going to, the only good thing is that I deffinately don't need my reserve dream now.
PS... sorry about the shaky handwriting :o

QUICKLY EDITED...
THIS REPLY REFERS TO NOKESY'S POST.

Jacde
28-06-10, 01:29 AM
Gerry, I can barely read your typing! ;D ;D

CBRowner
28-06-10, 01:38 AM

OMG... I knew I should have hit the sack when I said I was going to, the only good thing is that I deffinately don't need my reserve dream now.
PS... sorry about the shaky handwriting :o

QUICKLY EDITED...
THIS REPLY REFERS TO NOKESY'S POST.

That's a relief, I thought for a minute you were refering to my post :o

Nokesy
28-06-10, 01:49 AM
Lol! You twins....... I know you're close, but dreaming about each other - that's just incestuous!! ;D

CBRowner
28-06-10, 01:51 AM
Lol! You twins....... I know you're close, but dreaming about each other - that's just incestuous!! ;D

We're not incestuous but we do seem to share the same dream ;)

billybiker
28-06-10, 05:20 PM
Roxy, thanks for the suggestion to join you guys on the ride at the weekend.
I couldn't do this one but hope to make it out with you guys soon, although I'll probably wait until this thread dies down a bit as don't fancy a whole day of p**s take from everyone!! :-?

I dunno what I did wrong. I certainly didn't treat her bad and have never resorted to 'slapping' a woman as per some of the suggestions......but she sure gave me the runaround recently and I do feel badly let down.

Although I concur with some of you in that a few mates of mine do seem to be incredibly succesful with women and yet they are really mean and don't seem to have an ounce of decency.

A question for the ladies, Is this the best strategy??

Does the adage "Treat them mean keep them keen" really hold true?

Help!!!!

Jacde
28-06-10, 06:00 PM
I dunno what I did wrong. I certainly didn't treat her bad and have never resorted to 'slapping' a woman as per some of the suggestions......but she sure gave me the runaround recently and I do feel badly let down.

Although I concur with some of you in that a few mates of mine do seem to be incredibly succesful with women and yet they are really mean and don't seem to have an ounce of decency.

A question for the ladies, Is this the best strategy??

Does the adage "Treat them mean keep them keen" really hold true?

Help!!!!

My success rate is a big fat 0 too ;D

Any form of nastiness is not good, whether it be mental or physical (to see the impression of the sole of a man's shoe on a womans chest is not a nice sight and will stay with me forever! :'()

This treat em mean stance is a load of cobblers, I've been treated like that, but I'm not still in that relationship, but also I don't want to be treated like a princess either, a bit of pampering now and then is ok, and by the way boys it's nice if you let us pamper you to you know!

You got to talk folks, not happy about something, get it out in the open, honesty is best.
:-/ still none of the above has helped me so don't quote me on any of it ;D

Roxy
28-06-10, 10:21 PM
Roxy, thanks for the suggestion to join you guys on the ride at the weekend.
I couldn't do this one but hope to make it out with you guys soon, although I'll probably wait until this thread dies down a bit as don't fancy a whole day of p**s take from everyone!! :-?

Billy....mate mate mate ::)

no point in putting it off, we are a nice bunch! come to a meet or a ride out and pitch up with me..I'll be your wingman! ;)

roxy

Morticia
29-06-10, 03:53 PM
My boyfriend's the sweetest man on earth. The treat them mean is , in my opinion, a load of rubbish. On the other hand, I've seen it work. So it's all down to the good old tip of "be yourself".

callum
01-07-10, 07:38 PM
Billy

Sorry to hear you've split up.
Keep smiling.
If it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be and you'll go on to bigger and better things :)

On to your question........there is a simple fact to consider:

ATTRACTION IS NOT A CHOICE

What I mean by that is you cannot choose who you are attracted to.
You either feel the attraction or you don't.

This is even more so for women as thay find many different traits appeal, such as Charisma, Intelligence, Humour etc. whereas us 'simpler' guys are often initially attracted to just looks.

Unfortunately a lot of the traits of the less 'friendly' guys can be very attractive.

Remember the Alexandra Burke single from 12 months ago, titled 'Bad Boys' well here's the chorus:

Yeah, the bad boys are always catching my eye,ohay ohay,
I said the bad boys are always spinning my mind,ohay ohay,
Even though I know that its no good for me its the risk I take for the chemistry .
With the bad boys always catching my eye

The key word is CHEMISTRY.

She feels the CHEMISTRY with the Bad Boys! Ouch!!

Now before I cause uproar I am NOT advocating that you treat anyone badly. That is simply unacceptable and in fact being a true gentleman in many situations is the absolutely right thing to do.

But in the early days of dating you have to be ATTRACTIVE and there are things that you can learn and do that will make you amazingly successful without becoming a 'Bad boy!'

More will be revealed....

Roxy
05-07-10, 10:23 PM
there he goes again... ::) Callum I did wonder when you were going to pop up again with your words of wisdom!

Billy, come on the ride out on Sunday mate...you can introduce yourself as Norman* and no one will be any the wiser lol. We are a nice bunch! who knows you may find someone in the 1000 members we have!

roxy
*change to keep anonymity ;)

Gerry
05-07-10, 10:48 PM
Now I know where I've been going wrong Callum, it's suddenly hit me like a blinding star falling on my head, and you are perfectly right in everything you say about how a woman wants to be treated.

It's just a matter of who you listen to :-/

With immediate effect I'm going to stop listening to The Prodigy and start listening to Alexandra Burke for my dating advice [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nuf said... ;)

Uber Dave
06-07-10, 05:30 PM
Now I know where I've been going wrong Callum, it's suddenly hit me like a blinding star falling on my head, and you are perfectly right in everything you say about how a woman wants to be treated.

It's just a matter of who you listen to :-/

With immediate effect I'm going to stop listening to The Prodigy and start listening to Alexandra Burke for my dating advice [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nuf said... ;)

Stick with prodigy, at least it is tuneful! Or if they get boring try Pendulum.

Roxy
10-07-10, 08:49 PM
Dave...thats not music..it's just noise!!!!!!!!! ;D ::)

roxy

Toph
10-07-10, 09:02 PM
bloody awful noise at that! :D

Davey
14-07-10, 09:44 AM
we went out the other night with a few friends - wearing my best pulling pants and my lucky socks. all the charm, patter etc was there and all I seemed to attract was either pshycopathic loonies or bunny boilers. after being told off by one lady for not putting enough effort into chatting her up!! Even though i was trying to and there was a reason for that lol

So at the moment singlesville will continue to have another resident! Plus I enjoy it too much - I seem to be getting so much done and now I have aquired another 2 project bikes 1 for the road and 1 for the track I have plenty to go on with - plus I'm getting out of here all being well I the next couple of months and going to live by the coast :-)

jonnydangerous
14-07-10, 10:56 AM
nuffin wrong with The Prodigy.....
me wah me wah mewah wah wah..... (Charlie says allways tell your mummy before you go off somewhere...)......... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
14-07-10, 12:36 PM
nuffin wrong with The Prodigy.....
me wah me wah mewah wah wah..... (Charlie says allways tell your mummy before you go off somewhere...)......... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

totally agree!! prodigy are fantastic especially live! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

billybiker
28-07-10, 02:39 PM
I'm back! :)
Can you help with my latest challenge?
Have taken a girl out for a couple of dates, all seemed to be going really well, she was even interested in going on the back of the CBR!
Now she's gone cold, and not responding to any of my phone calls or texts - this is really bizarre as we were getting along great

Will welcome your pearls of wisdom

Billy

Nokesy
28-07-10, 02:58 PM
Maybe .... she GENUINELY has lost her phone or had it stolen? Would she have any other way of contacting you?

Gerry
28-07-10, 04:03 PM
Sorry, can't help :(

-:Blind-leading-the-blind-smiley:-

G :)

CBRowner
30-07-10, 04:24 PM
I'm back! :)
Can you help with my latest challenge?
Have taken a girl out for a couple of dates, all seemed to be going really well, she was even interested in going on the back of the CBR!
Now she's gone cold, and not responding to any of my phone calls or texts - this is really bizarre as we were getting along great

Will welcome your pearls of wisdom

Billy

If you know her address, try writting her a letter explaining the lovely time you had with her and that you'd like to continue with it in the future.

I find texts and emails aren't really personal and it's not the same as a proper letter. She'll see that you've put the effort in and that you're genuinely interested in her [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

If that doesn't work, it seems that you're going to have to continue to search for that Mrs Right or come to some bike meets cos there's some lovely ladies within WBers :)

Scotty
30-07-10, 04:50 PM
Billy, take the hint FFS! ::) ::) ::)

Don't be a dope mate, draw a line beneath this one and look elsewhere, there are heaps more girls out there for you to have a couple of dates with before you manage to repel them ;)

It was only a couple of dates, you haven't invested heaps of time and effort so you just have to say "Fuggit" and look elsewhere.

Morticia
30-07-10, 10:35 PM
Ignore her, then she'll think you're a challenge instead of a given.

Toph
30-07-10, 10:54 PM
My Auntie Hilda is looking for a nice young man!!! ;) ;D

bubblylittleme
31-07-10, 09:35 AM
The Bell in Old Town Swindon has a singles night on tonight. Entry £3

callum
02-08-10, 10:34 PM
Hi Billy

To help out here I need to know loads more information, but for starters:

1) How many dates did you go on?
2) What was the outcome at the end of each date? i.e. did you agree to meet again, and if so, when?
3) You mentioned she was interested to go on your bike. What did you say to her on this?

Can you also give me an idea as to how much and how often you guys spoke, texted each other etc.?

Callum

billybiker
03-08-10, 10:57 PM
Hi Callum

We went out for 2 dates, the 1st was really well. On the 2nd I took her to dinner. The conversation got onto bikes and she let on that she'd always wanted to get on the back of a bike, but never had. So I sugested we go campling for the weekend on the bike (and a tent!)

At the end of the 2nd date she said she'll call - but didn't. So I tried to call the next day - no answer, then sent a couple of texts, but no reply. I then followed up with a couple of voice mails.

I know she's busy because she's been single a long time and is really into her sport.

The only contact I've had was a single text message saying "I'm really busy but I'll be in touch soon"

Any advice would be much appreciated

Billy :)

Scotty
03-08-10, 11:34 PM
She's probably considering all the candidates for the position and will choose the successful one after evaluating a large enough sample of the eligible applicants. Being too keen is a killer, and continually texting and leaving messages will make you look really sad and needy ::) Like Morticia said, you've already shown yourself to be a complete pushover, and no girl will respect a doormat.
Get a ****ing grip and start looking elsewhere yourself, two dates is hardly a relationship is it?

Beamer
04-08-10, 08:06 AM
There is an alternative........give up on the opposite sex altogether and try 'one of your own' lol lol ;) ;) ;) ;)

Jacde
04-08-10, 03:19 PM
I can't help wondering if maybe ole Billy boy and Callum would get further in the dating game by communicating on an actual dating site and not a bike forum ::) ?? ;D

CBRowner
04-08-10, 04:07 PM
Someone will have to hold a singles come dine with me style night at theirs. I'd offer but, knowing my luck, it'll turn into some sort of sausage fest ;D

We need to start a singles topic on here so that people can be made aware of those that are single and then it'll give them the chance to meet like minded single bikers (that was hard work :P) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ro
04-08-10, 04:53 PM
Someone will have to hold a singles come dine with me style night at theirs.Last time (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1270153665/0) that was suggested, it turned in to a Hog Roast! (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1274356313) ;D

CBRowner
04-08-10, 05:06 PM
Someone will have to hold a singles come dine with me style night at theirs.Last time (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1270153665/0) that was suggested, it turned in to a Hog Roast! (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1274356313) ;D

I'm glad it only turned into a hog roast ;D

Jacde
04-08-10, 05:26 PM

I'm glad it only turned into a hog roast ;D

;D ;D

Uber Dave
04-08-10, 05:57 PM
So I sugested we go campling for the weekend on the bike (and a tent!)

And there we have it, too much too soon! Even if you said it in a joking/sarcastic manner its still too much. A half hour ride out on a weekend for lunch somewhere would have been a FAR better suggestion.

callum
04-08-10, 06:49 PM
Hi Billy

Morticia and Scotty are correct in what they say. Although their coaching methods/styles are very different! :)

Jacde, I do have a dating help site, at the moment for guys, but have a colleague (female) who is working on one for gals. However over 6,000 views does indicate that this thread is popular!! :)

There's a few clear points here that you need to work on. However it does seem a little like you're very keen on dating and wanting to find a partner.

You need to relax a lot more on the whole dating scene. Instead of going out on a 'date' think of it as a 'social meeting' for a drink, a chat and a laugh.
Then if it goes well you can repeat the exercise. But it's not a date. In fact it's a great thing to say to someone before as it takes away the pressure. Especially true if someones not dated for a while. Maybe they've come out of a long relationship or similar.

Also a couple of points from your explanation:

1) Pacing

When you get into the whole texting and phoning situation there's a real chance you can screw-up by being perceived as 'too keen' or 'too available.'

As a rule pace!

If you text her and she takes 15 minutes to reply, you then wait a similar period before texting back.

Also think about being a little random with your texts and calls. Remember 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' she needs to be 'missing you' a little.

2) Independant

You say in your email that she's been single a while.

Think about what being single means:

It means you can get do what the heck you like in your own time. You can go out on your bike when it suits you. you can watch the footy on TV. You can leave your ironing in a big heap on the sofa. Or you can clean your house so it looks like a showhome!

The point I'm making is that it brings FREEDOM.

And if you txt/phone all the time and start mentioning weekends away you're changing the status quo.

The FREEDOM is at RISK!

She may or may not realise this and often it's at a sub-conscious level, but the fact remains it will 'chip away' at someone who's been on their own a long time.

Check out the blog as today's posting discusses this in more detail:
http://tips-for-dating-uk.blogspot.com/

Overall though relax about the whole thing.

Go for drinks with some nice ladies.

On the second meeting take them for drink and maybe something different like 10 pin bowling.

Take them for dinner on the 3rd meeting.

But don't talk about weekends away or walking hand in hand on a Caribbean beach!! It's all way too soon.

It will come, all in good time.

Callum

callum
04-08-10, 06:50 PM
Forgot to say Davel is bang on the money too.
A 30 min ride at the weekend is perfect!

Jacde
04-08-10, 07:03 PM
Jacde, I do have a dating help site, at the moment for guys, but have a colleague (female) who is working on one for gals. However over 6,000 views does indicate that this thread is popular!! :)

Callum

Popular maybe but we're not all laughing with you ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Morticia
05-08-10, 03:07 PM
So I sugested we go campling for the weekend on the bike (and a tent!)

And there we have it, too much too soon! Even if you said it in a joking/sarcastic manner its still too much. A half hour ride out on a weekend for lunch somewhere would have been a FAR better suggestion.

Agree 100%. A second date mentions a camping trip to me, and I'd be running before they'd finished the sentence. Then again, relationships have never been my forte.

Davey
23-08-10, 09:22 PM
Stay single its a far better life - I'm loving it do what I want when I want and have to explain to no-one - shame I seem to have no time to do what I want when I want but will have soon. I spend most of my time getting fit (decided I want to get to the same fitness when I was in the Marines as a personal goal) and walking the dog

I have done a few 'dates' and 'chat ups' and realised its not for me at the moment - 1 womans phone kept going off so I said are you going to answer that or what to which she said its her husband!! Having just got out of a relationship from a cheating beatch I soon walked away >:(

Kevin
23-07-20, 04:08 PM
It is interesting to read this discussion today. Time passes and questions are the same :) But it has to be noted, today it is easier to find a soul mate online than in real life. I personally tried several dating apps and sites (Match, Bumble, Datehookup (https://datehookup.dating/apps/albanian-hookup/), Happn, Tinder). All of them are popular, though some people use them only for hookups. But you know, they really work. I met my wife on one of them. Do you guys use such services today? Share your experience.
P.S. Sorry for bumping this old thread.