PDA

View Full Version : The Expendables Movie

mcicy
14-08-10, 10:20 AM
Brilliant.....

No I am serious this is a brilliant action film, harking back to the 80's when action films required little in plot and loads of action. The fight scenes are a mix of all out gun fire (wait til you see the shotgun scene :) ) and various fighting styles from Statham doing Metal Gear Solid style CQC fighting to Steve Austing and Randy Couture's Wrestling attacks to the tiny Jet Li facing up against the huge Dolph Lundgren

Jason Statham plays sidekick to Stallones heroic leader superbly and the two of them have some great on screen chemistry making me want to see them do the same roles in a sequel.

Loads of great comedy moments, including Jet Li arguing he should get more money due to his height issues and arnold schwarzenegger's cameo has one of the of the funniest lines in the film and the audience were all laughing out loud

I am have to give this film a solid 9/10 its definately a big screen must see only draw back was that the camera cutting during some of the fights was so fast you lost track of who you were watching.

Scotty
14-08-10, 11:06 AM
So.... no plot and questionable editing... :-? Hmmm, do I want to spend a heap of money and sacrifice a couple of hours of my life that aren't refundable on this? :-?
Nah, I'll probably pass on it, thanks for the warning [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mcicy
14-08-10, 12:51 PM
There is a plot, save an island from corrupt officials being paid off by drug dealers, it just doesn't get bogged down with back stories of each character you just accept that they are mercenaries who work for the highest bidder. Its nice to see a movie these days that doesn't spend half the screen time explaining who everyone is, where they came from and why they do what they do as if to justify there life choices to the audience

Morticia
14-08-10, 03:09 PM
HANG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who needs a plot when Jason Stathan takes his t-shirt off?!! That man is the ugliest good looking man ever, and just for that I'm watching the movie ;D and praying that he removes his top. Please God, let him strip! :D

Morticia
14-08-10, 03:11 PM
McIcy, where did you watch it? I thought its released on the 19th.

jonnydangerous
16-08-10, 11:06 AM
rumour hs it thats it might be available on DVD already...... ;)

rhys_himself
16-08-10, 11:17 AM
Morticia, I'm afraid I have to report that Jason Statham keeps his kit on for the first time in his career...much to the annoyance of my Mrs! Mwuahahaha :P

I saw it twice this weekend, AWESOME movie! Super macho in every way...wicked fight scenes and explosions; just packed full of action! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

rhys_himself
16-08-10, 11:19 AM
Oh, and it was out on Friday and Saturday for advanced screenings only. It starts on Weds otherwise.

mcicy
16-08-10, 12:36 PM

Advanced previews at Cineworld in west swindon, and unfortunately I don't remember him taking his top off for once, but Stallone does if thats any consollation

Morticia
21-08-10, 12:01 PM
Morticia, I'm afraid I have to report that Jason Statham keeps his kit on for the first time in his career...much to the annoyance of my Mrs! Mwuahahaha :P

He WHAT??? The bastard! :D

Morticia
21-08-10, 12:02 PM

Advanced previews at Cineworld in west swindon, and unfortunately I don't remember him taking his top off for once, but Stallone does if thats any consollation

I might be alone on this one, but that's one good reason NOT to go and watch it, LOL!!! ;D

Morticia
21-08-10, 12:06 PM
I'm still watching it though, will let you all know. If there's punches I'm bound to like it anyway.

Morticia
24-08-10, 07:37 PM
Absolutely loved it, plot or no plot. And it's a lot better than Salt too!

AND Stallone's back is nothing to joke about, although his massive fingers are, LOL!