PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need any odd jobs, etc. doing

CBRowner
05-09-10, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

I'm in desperate need of money for my cat who was run over the other night, so I'm offering my services to anyone who requires it.

Here's a rough CV:

Labouring, including brick laying and digger quals.

Landscape gardening

FLT Driver

Logistics

DJ/Entertainments organiser

Plus loads more things because I'm a very fast learner.

Like I said, this is all for my cat and I won't be pocketing a single penny. The bill currently stands at about £3000 and is set to rise before she's released from the vets.

I'm also selling project honda, she's 99% complete and only requires £200 spending on her to register the bike in this country. I have all the import/export docs. It just needs an MOT and then a registration document. I'm after around £1000

I'll also be selling my DJ equipment which consists of Pioneer CD decks, 1800W amp, Radio Mics (x2), Yamaha Sound Processer, 2x 5' speakers, loads of cables and lighting, including strobes and lasers. All worth in excess of £15000!!! but will take any sensible offers.

My beloved PS3 will be going as well. Comes with 6 games, guitar hero world tour (the one with the drums), DJ hero (the special edition one), two controllers and all the cables.

If I'm still short of cash, my 3 piece brown leather sofa's up for sale, along with other house hold items because that's all I really have of value.

Unfortunately, sad times means I have to take drastic measures especially for my cat :'(

smellygerm
05-09-10, 11:33 AM
if it's for the cat I will donate £10 towards the bill it's not much but it's a start [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
05-09-10, 04:35 PM
Cheers mate, every little helps [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
05-09-10, 05:25 PM
I can give it to dabz if you want next time I see him [smiley=happy.gif]

CBRowner
05-09-10, 05:55 PM
You're a star, thank you very much for this.

I'm also working my charms on the vet so that she can amend the final bill because I may even have to sell my car as well at this rate :'(

CBRowner
05-09-10, 10:48 PM
Does anyone want a brand new, unused, Wii??

I'm open to offers.

Jacde
05-09-10, 11:20 PM
Emlyn can advertise on the small add at work for you if you like, pm me description and prices.
How badly injured is the cat :(

Hunar
06-09-10, 11:53 AM
Dude have a word with the cats protection league, they may be able to help, they have helped friends of mine with large vets bills in the past.

ZZR600Dude
06-09-10, 12:40 PM
If you happen to be down Salisbury way I need a couple of kitchen taps fitting.
If so pm me a quote.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
06-09-10, 04:09 PM
If you happen to be down Salisbury way I need a couple of kitchen taps fitting.
If so pm me a quote.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It's not really a quote style job. I'm just doing anything to raise money for my huge vet bill.

I should be around that area this weekend if that's any use to you??

Jackie, she's got a broken leg, dislocated leg, shattered hip plus some other things wrong with her. I saw her earlier and she's perked up alot and they've sorted out her collapsed lung. She's still not in the clear yet because she's still in intensive care with drips and monitors attached to her but she is still alive, which is a good thing.

As for the driver, he'll have used up his 9 lives once I get my hands on him >:(

Nokesy
06-09-10, 06:01 PM
Does anyone want a brand new, unused, Wii??

I'm open to offers.

I'd like to get this for our ex-offenders project - I'll PM you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

njl
06-09-10, 07:54 PM
Hi sorry to hear about the cat, I have a DJ job in october good for about £150 but you'd need the kit for it, it'd be in Swindon

Ducatista
07-09-10, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat Emlyn.

Are you interested in doing bike cleaning?
Possibly taking bits off and cleaning them properly and applying ACF50.

I reckon you'd find a market for this if you were willing to offer this service.

We paid for both our bikes to be done last year and they survived quite well through the winter.

CBRowner
07-09-10, 10:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat Emlyn.

Are you interested in doing bike cleaning?
Possibly taking bits off and cleaning them properly and applying ACF50.

I reckon you'd find a market for this if you were willing to offer this service.

We paid for both our bikes to be done last year and they survived quite well through the winter.

That sounds like a great service to offer, especially on a bikers forum [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I'll look into doing a mobile cleaning service for bikes :)

CBRowner
07-09-10, 10:34 AM
My watch collection's also up for grabs now.

Prices vary depending on what you're getting but I have watches such as Rolex, bell & Ross, Porsche Design, Jacob & Co etc. so no cheapies in my collection [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
07-09-10, 10:46 AM
What Rolex do you have?
Does it come with the shop receipt and certificate? etc.

CBRowner
07-09-10, 02:04 PM
It has a certificate with it. It's the Explorer 2, which is an automatic 10 year old watch and is still in immaculate condition.

The selling of my watch collection is my last resort because I'm a Horologist, which isn't someone who likes dodgy massage parlours, and I love my watches and have spent more on them than anything else I own.

My cheapest watch is a Seiko Gents All-Star Sportura Kinetic Chronograph watch which resales at about £600.

CBRowner
07-09-10, 02:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They're all stored in a bomb proof, 6 inch thick safe, just incase anyone fancies their luck ;D

CBRowner
08-09-10, 04:44 PM
I've decided not to sell the watch collection because I was going to use it as a retirement fund [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Everything else is still for sale though and I am more than willing to do anyjob that no one else wants to do :)

ZZR600Dude
09-09-10, 04:37 PM
May have a job for you if you can repair a drain for me, if you can do it then will make sure you are well rewarded. I shall send you a PM.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
09-09-10, 11:37 PM
May have a job for you if you can repair a drain for me, if you can do it then will make sure you are well rewarded. I shall send you a PM.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I've replied to your PM [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
09-09-10, 11:44 PM
I'd like to thank everyone who's offered to make a donation to the vet's bill, all offers have been most appreciated.

My main concern is that I'm not a registered charity and I'm not too sure what the legalities are regarding the collecting of money for the vet bills. I'm sure that if it's offered to me then it's fine but, just to be on the safe side and because I'll end up like currency in prison, I'll do any household chores etc. for a small price which is similar to a donation but you're getting something in return as well.

Yet again, thank you everyone for all your support [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

On a good note, my cat's now been operated on and she should be home either tomorrow or Saturday morning. I'm now hoping that she's gain full use of her legs otherwise I'm having to look at putting her down because it's the cat's lifestyle that'll be affected :'(

I won't know until she has her pins removed and she's had some rehab to get her mobile again :(

Snowy
10-09-10, 07:49 AM
I would take the "friends gift" if I were you. If you work and take payment for it you would be oblidged to declare it and pay tax etc.

ZZR600Dude
10-09-10, 10:39 AM
I have just sent you a PM

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
10-09-10, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking about doing a bike clean at mine next weekend if anyone has a bike that's looking a tad dirty (Offroaders will be more - Jaydee ;D)

Anyone interested, send me a PM so I can book you in and order enough of my posh polish for the job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ZZR600Dude
11-09-10, 05:32 PM
sent you a PM

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
11-09-10, 07:46 PM
sent you a PM

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Is that a PM for my new bike cleaning service or for another matter??

ZZR600Dude
12-09-10, 10:57 AM
No that was for the drain job.
Can you give me a ring and we can sort out the details

cheers

Paul

Toph
16-09-10, 11:27 PM
how's your cat bearing up Emlyn??? :-?

CBRowner
18-09-10, 07:54 PM
how's your cat bearing up Emlyn??? :-?

She's getting better all the time and she's even got her voice back to the annoyance on the rest of the pets >:(

She's hobbling about but spends her nights next to me on the bed and days in her cage when I go to work :)

CBRowner
18-09-10, 07:58 PM
I'm still available for jobs. I've just finished Paul's (ZZR600Dude) broken drain for him. So if anyone has anything they don't want to do, give me a PM and I'll be more than happy to give it a go :)

ZZR600Dude
20-09-10, 09:03 PM
Just want to say what an excellent job Emlyn did with the drains, it was quite a tricky one but Emlyn is able to any problems thrown at him.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]