PDA

View Full Version : bored ...

commando1966
06-11-10, 06:08 PM
Hey Y'all whats everyone up to tonite ? Dunno if i can stand much more Saturday night TV lol :D

redken1
06-11-10, 06:10 PM
Take it you are not a Wagner fan? ;D

commando1966
06-11-10, 06:15 PM
In a word ................................. NO :P

Jacde
06-11-10, 06:21 PM
humm I take it you're not referring to the ride of the Valkyries Wagner ? :-?
I'm watching rugby at the mo [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
06-11-10, 06:25 PM
Instead of watching sat nite Tv Nick, get working on that trike.... ;D
we are all dying to see it!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I take it you don't watch x factor then Jackie!!!! ;D

commando1966
06-11-10, 06:30 PM
Toph .. believe me mate ive done all i can with my limited mechanical knowledge .. for weeks now ive been trying to find someone to sort out my handbrake .. but it seems no-one around here wants the job or my money - so the Trike stays on the driveway collecting cobwebs .. :-[

Jacde
06-11-10, 07:43 PM
Toph, er no! ;D

Toph
06-11-10, 07:47 PM
right decision!!! ;D
the wife and youngest daughter watch it... I prefer to spend the evening with my friend Ian Ternette !!! :D ;D

nick1987
06-11-10, 07:54 PM
Toph .. believe me mate ive done all i can with my limited mechanical knowledge .. for weeks now ive been trying to find someone to sort out my handbrake .. but it seems no-one around here wants the job or my money - so the Trike stays on the driveway collecting cobwebs .. :-[
what's up with the handbrake? would be willing to help if i can.

Toph
06-11-10, 08:05 PM
Just read on the net that the handbrake only needs to operate on one axle, meaning both wheels on the rear or just the front wheel. How is yours set up Nick??? :-?

commando1966
06-11-10, 08:13 PM
Just read on the net that the handbrake only needs to operate on one axle, meaning both wheels on the rear or just the front wheel. How is yours set up Nick??? :-?

Yes toph i read that as well .. only 1 wheel needs to be locked .. the trouble is the only way to test the brakes / handbrake isto put it on a rolling road the same as when cars are tested .. so they cant just test 1 wheel unfortunately .. ive tried soldering the stoppers / nipples back onto the brake cables but they keep snapping .. it's so frustrating .. been after a Trike for over 3 years - now i finally got one i can't even get it through a MOT .. ive asked several people to help out but they always seem too busy or just never get back to me .. i'll pay cash in hand an agreed ammount for Anyone who can get my trike through the MOT .. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6T
06-11-10, 10:25 PM

Yes toph i read that as well .. only 1 wheel needs to be locked .. the trouble is the only way to test the brakes / handbrake isto put it on a rolling road the same as when cars are tested .. so they cant just test 1 wheel unfortunately .. ive tried soldering the stoppers / nipples back onto the brake cables but they keep snapping .. it's so frustrating .. been after a Trike for over 3 years - now i finally got one i can't even get it through a MOT .. ive asked several people to help out but they always seem too busy or just never get back to me .. i'll pay cash in hand an agreed ammount for Anyone who can get my trike through the MOT .. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
nick does it still have the spitfire handbrake set up you mentioned in an earlier post it has a spitfire rear axle? if so new cables are available. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-SPITFIRE-AND-GT6-HANDBRAKE-CABLE-SET-/360116750451?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item53d8a18873

commando1966
06-11-10, 10:50 PM
Thanks for that Thunderbird .. yes m trike has a Spitfire rear axel .. but the handbrake system was custom made for the bike .. i have re-newed 1 of the cables and re-soldered it allready but it just snapped again .. i need a mechanic to sort it .. i give up personally lol .. there must be someone in the whole of Wiltshire who can make my handbrake work !! ::)

6T
07-11-10, 02:04 PM
Thanks for that Thunderbird .. yes m trike has a Spitfire rear axel .. but the handbrake system was custom made for the bike .. i have re-newed 1 of the cables and re-soldered it allready but it just snapped again .. i need a mechanic to sort it .. i give up personally lol .. there must be someone in the whole of Wiltshire who can make my handbrake work !! ::)
not so straightfoward then ::)the fittings on heavy grade handbrake cables are normally crimped on, soldering wont make a strong enough joint,if the system you have on the trike is complete and worked ok before your best bet will be to remove the cable and fittings that need to be joined and get someone to braze them together for you,if the wire is splayed open after the nipple/fitting is attached then brazed it wont snap(it may be worth putting a post up to see if we have any wb brazers)iam sure there must be someone out there that can help :)

commando1966
07-11-10, 02:09 PM
Thats a great idea mate .. only 2 problems .. it's gotta be done while still on the trike and 2 i don't know anyone who can do this .. ive not lived up here long , and i joined WB's to meet like minded people .. ive asked so many people if they can help me out but not had much of a response .. If i can't find anyone to help me out soon i may as well sell it on and cut my loses .. I can't believe there's No-one in Wiltshire that can help me out lol .. :o

Gaz
07-11-10, 02:49 PM
These guys might be able to help you
http://www.venhill.co.uk/Home

commando1966
07-11-10, 02:54 PM
Thanks mate .. but i dont need New cables .. i just need someone to correctly fit them for me .. cheers 8-)

Jon_W
09-11-10, 08:11 AM
Didn't realise you still had problems. Am willing to have a look, but will be tied up the next few weeks. I'm sure with a bit of lateral thinking + a big hammer something can be cooked up.

Where abouts in Trow are you?

commando1966
09-11-10, 06:50 PM
Tanks Jon .. Yep still having prob's mate .. thanks for the offer , but no dis-respect ive had a couple guys say they will take a look , but are too busy for a few weeks .. Thinking of selling on now .. i never thought in a Million years 1 handbrake wuld be such a big deal to fix .. ive had the trike almost 6 weeks and only done 6 miles .. waste of insurance .. again thanks anyway 8-)

Gaz
09-11-10, 07:27 PM
I'll have a look Friday afternoon if you are around,need to be in daylight though. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

commando1966
09-11-10, 07:52 PM
Thanks minibiker , but am working until 6pm

Jon_W
10-11-10, 07:53 AM
Tanks Jon .. Yep still having prob's mate .. thanks for the offer , but no dis-respect ive had a couple guys say they will take a look , but are too busy for a few weeks .. Thinking of selling on now .. i never thought in a Million years 1 handbrake wuld be such a big deal to fix .. ive had the trike almost 6 weeks and only done 6 miles .. waste of insurance .. again thanks anyway 8-)

Stiff upper lip! Have had the same myself with the Triumph. These thing are sent to try and we will overcome!

No probs with your mates. If you still require assistance I'm very happy to help. But don't give in.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]