PDA

View Full Version : System tool virus

Hazel-nut
28-02-11, 09:20 PM
bit of a heads up-if anything calle system tools pops on your computer saying you have viruses IT is the virus! it will say you have lots of big trojan viruses and take over your background with a poorly written warning message! :-/
i managed to get this from a go compare email (90% certain) which i clicked the link to get back to the webiste but instead it tried opening adobe player and gave me this virus! :(
it stops you opening up any programmes and connecting to the internet and basically doing anything!
luckily Dabz got rid of it for me after getting back from the ride on sunday but i was stressing out for several hours worrying about what i might have lost! (dissertation is now on 2 memory sticks so wont be losing that again :P )

hope no-one else gets this virus but just thought i would let you al know incase you do as it tries to get your credit card details to 'pay for anti-virus software' but apparently they take lots of monet of your credit card if you get that far!!
hope know

Moo
28-02-11, 09:27 PM
Yep, had that one too!! It can be disposed of for free but you will need another computer or smart phone to be able to read the instructions on how to do it.

As Hazel said, for gods sake dont respond to the offer of the virus removal program or it will end in tears.