PDA

View Full Version : Roxy's out

Roxy
03-03-11, 08:32 AM
As you all know I don't ride my bike during the winter because it's too cold, too wet, too frosty, too snowy, too much crap on the roads and any other excuse I can find!! ;D Well I have been looking forward to the 1st March for a few months now to get the r6 back out for the Spring.

The little fella and I have just returned from Switzerland where we were skiing. He did really well, as always, but his old mum fell awkwardly and is now out of action for a little while.

Medical term is a tear in the MCL in left knee if that means anything to anyone??? :-/ ;D lovely hinged brace for me and I am afraid no Biking for a little while. Doc says no op is needed just physio so I hope I wont be out for too long.

I'm looking for lots of sympathy, lmfao.

Roxy ;)

Nelly
03-03-11, 08:45 AM
ah bless ya. Sorry to hear that Rox, hope that things will sort soon for you. Got my sympathy. :(
On the bright side. Would you like me to take care of your bike for a while? ::)
I can even pop round and massage you leg for ya ;)
See ya soon, and if there is anything you need, just holler.xx

Si
03-03-11, 08:57 AM
Poor Dear!!!! LMAO

No seriously, get well soon chick! x

Bonnielass
03-03-11, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear this Roxy, sounds a bit worse than my finger!! ::)

Jacde
03-03-11, 09:04 AM
Ouch!
medial collateral ligament is on the inside of the knee and there are 3 grades of injury, I'm guessing because they've given you a knee brace it's either grade 2 or 3, if it's 3 you're looking at 6-8 weeks, are you on crutches? If not then hopefully you're a 2 and you're looking at 3-4 weeks.
Rest, ice, elevation and anti inflammatories will help healing process. (thanks to my cousin who has frequently done her mcl for this info!)
Hope your recovery is quick Roxy :)

Snowy
03-03-11, 10:51 AM
Sorry to hear this but hopefully you won't be off the bike for too long.

jonnydangerous
03-03-11, 11:22 AM
ohno! glad to hear youll be fine tho hun, there will be plenty more biking to do in the summer when youre all fixed.
keep yer chin up, and the kettle on the boil :-)

Dabz
03-03-11, 02:16 PM
sympathy? what's that then? I seem to remember very little of it when I was suffering last (admittedly with a hangover..) :P :-*

Jon_W
03-03-11, 03:30 PM
As you all know I don't ride my bike during the winter because it's too cold, too wet, too frosty, too snowy, too much crap on the roads and any other excuse I can find!! ;

...and you go skiiing...... Madness!!!!!! :D :D :D

Sounds nasty... rest up and get well soon!!!

silly_simon
03-03-11, 04:21 PM
Sorry to hear that Kirsty :( Hope it's not too painfull as I did the same thing only not skiing the other year and was on crutches for 2-3 wks then rested with anti-inflammatory cream for a further 4-5 wks :o

Was bloody painfull at first but it soon subsides, also I found sitting with a heat pad over the affected area helped loads :)

Take care hun xx

Bornagain
03-03-11, 04:24 PM
How much damage to ya skis ;) ;) hope they'll be easy to fix up ;)
You plonker!
Come on over to the Polebarn next Friday and you'll get shed loads of sympathy ;D... and Harry's got you a present

I'm volunteering my services to keep ya bike ticking over til ya ready to rock n' roll :P

wiltshire builders
03-03-11, 05:58 PM
I saw this kind of injury a lot when I was living in Alpe d'huez. Like most others have said, you're looking at about 6 weeks. Never underestimate the power of rest......and drugs. I've never damaged my knees whilst skiing but i've done shoulders, arms, wrists, ankles and had a rather unfortunate bottom injury in Austria this year that i'd rather not talk about. :o Hope you have a speedy recovery.

ro
03-03-11, 06:59 PM
Never underestimate the power of rest......and drugs....and tea, plenty of tea! ;)

Get well soon!

virginie_morisot
03-03-11, 07:12 PM
had a rather unfortunate bottom injury in Austria this year that i'd rather not talk about.
???????????? :-?

Hope you 're back on bike before too long Roxy, take car and get well soon !
xx

BB
03-03-11, 07:22 PM
At least your Dad's was pre planned!

GWS mate, I think you are better off than a mates son who is in an Italian hospital witha damaged vertebrae having fallen off his snow board!

BB

Snowy
03-03-11, 07:28 PM
You as well Vivi? Thats two members with unfortunate bottom injuries from Austria. The hills must be alive.... ;D ;D

virginie_morisot
03-03-11, 11:15 PM
arghhh!!! yes it's a missed attempt at quoting ... well :P to you, snowy, whoever you could possibly be....mmm i do wonder.. ::) ;D

Snowy
03-03-11, 11:20 PM
well :P to you, snowy,

Charming..... :-* ;D

Jon_W
04-03-11, 08:04 AM
Never underestimate the power of rest......and drugs....and tea, plenty of tea! ;)

Get well soon!

Ah, the universal cure-all...... TEA!!!!

redken1
04-03-11, 01:00 PM
Get well soon Roxy

Roxy
04-03-11, 04:37 PM
sympathy? what's that then? I seem to remember very little of it when I was suffering last (admittedly with a hangover..) :P :-*

It's a medical condition!!! :-* :-*

Roxy x

Roxy
04-03-11, 04:38 PM
Poor Dear!!!! LMAO

oi snotty...watch it or you'll feel the spike of my stick! ;) ;D ;D

Roxy
04-03-11, 04:40 PM
As you all know I don't ride my bike during the winter because it's too cold, too wet, too frosty, too snowy, too much crap on the roads and any other excuse I can find!! ;

...and you go skiiing...... Madness!!!!!! :D :D :D

Sounds nasty... rest up and get well soon!!!

I'm a boarder mate, not a skier normally!! went back to skis for the little fella but should have stuck on my board me thinks! ::) ;D

Roxy
04-03-11, 04:41 PM
At least your Dad's was pre planned!

BB

Dad got one up on me with his new titanium knee! ;D ;D

Roxy x

Nokesy
04-03-11, 05:04 PM
Sorry to hear that Roxy - hope you'll be biking soon though :)