Squashed_Fly
04-03-11, 03:30 PM
Anybody else been watching this on Sky Atlantic? It's proper saucy! lol

Dabz
04-03-11, 04:34 PM
I was but got bored of it :P

Chappers
07-03-11, 12:58 PM
Bored? Seriously?! HBO make some of the best series going and this one is a goodie I think - thumbs up from me, but then I do have a thing for good gangster stories and Steve Buscemi is a legend.

Squashed_Fly
07-03-11, 04:03 PM
I'm enjoying it. Nice to see a 1920's ganster feature, where Al Capone isn't the main character!

mcicy
09-03-11, 09:15 AM
Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes but it just seemed to lack something to really grab me.

Did enjoy Hawaii 5-0 though

Dabz
09-03-11, 10:04 AM
I'm glad someone else has found that..everyone keeps telling me how amazing it is. I watched the first few but just wasn't captivated..not enough to devote a couple hours a week

Squashed_Fly
09-03-11, 01:02 PM
Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes but it just seemed to lack something to really grab me.

You mean the hoardes of naked women didn't do it for you? What's wrong man, are you made of stone? ;D ;D ;D

mcicy
09-03-11, 06:21 PM

Meh just found it slow and not that interesting, besides I had the 2nd series of Spartacus to fill my naked women quota

You mean the hoardes of naked women didn't do it for you? What's wrong man, are you made of stone? ;D ;D ;D

Chappers
11-03-11, 12:50 PM
Generally speaking the first few episodes of any series will be scene and character setting. The last few episodes of AB have been far from slow.

The obvious exception is 24 where they try and fit as much disaster and excitement into every 4 minutes (to fit into US ad breaks and presumably the average US viewer's attention span). I enjoy the odd 24, but you have to accept that each of the 300 story lines is farcical and utterly unbelievable. Apart from Bauer's invisibility cloak of course, for that is real. Oh yes. ;)