PDA

View Full Version : the budget????

NiteW4tcher
13-03-11, 07:31 PM
im thick when it comes to politiccs etc etc

can someone explain to me in simple terms what its all about?

i assume i will need to bulk purchase some lube for the inevitable fuel price hike.

sorry for my ignorance :-/

Dan

Chappers
14-03-11, 05:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget

Full of smoke, mirrors, obfuscation and political grand-standing. It gets quietly revised as the weeks go by (usually in response to changing economic and political events), so treat it as a statement of intent rather than anything to believe or rely on. The important stuff is hidden away and released quietly, usually by HMRC.

Fuel duty actually reduces proportionately as the commodity prices increase because of the stabilisers applied. The problem is the open market price of the commodity, caused by giving bankers unlimited amounts of free money to gamble. So they gamble. As anyone else would with free money to play with where you get to keep any winnings but walk away if you lose [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
14-03-11, 05:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget

Full of smoke, mirrors, obfuscation and political grand-standing. It gets quietly revised as the weeks go by (usually in response to changing economic and political events), so treat it as a statement of intent rather than anything to believe or rely on. The important stuff is hidden away and released quietly, usually by HMRC.

Fuel duty actually reduces proportionately as the commodity prices increase because of the stabilisers applied. The problem is the open market price of the commodity, caused by giving bankers unlimited amounts of free money to gamble. So they gamble. As anyone else would with free money to play with where you get to keep any winnings but walk away if you lose [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Well said that man, :)

Squashed_Fly
14-03-11, 06:05 PM
These stabilisers you're talking about.... Are they the ones off Basils new bike? ;D

Hunar
16-03-11, 09:38 AM
Vote Hunar!