PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Moyles

Squashed_Fly
18-03-11, 09:19 AM
Love him or hate him, you can't argue with raising over £1.8m!

I can't imagine trying to stay awake for 52 hours, let alone working all of that time so fair play to the Radio1 team :)

So, what are the rest of you doing for Comic Relief? Anybody doing anything wacky? It's a 'bad hair day' at work today so should be interesting! ;D

Dabz
18-03-11, 09:26 AM
I ignored this record attempt for the first 2 days then got hooked last night watching the red button. Awesome result and serious money raised!

We're not doing anything at work but it's a comic relief quiz tonight and 'wear something red' at the polebarn tonight :D

redken1
18-03-11, 09:28 AM
SF, my Dad is poorly so Ive got a 400 miles journey on the bike to Carlisle. It was a choice between the bike and van and as I'm going on my own and to beat the Friday traffic chose the bike. Hope the rain stops - leaving at 11am.

Squashed_Fly
18-03-11, 10:14 AM
SF, my Dad is poorly so Ive got a 400 miles journey on the bike to Carlisle. It was a choice between the bike and van and as I'm going on my own and to beat the Friday traffic chose the bike. Hope the rain stops - leaving at 11am.

Am sorry to hear that Ken :(

Hope everything is ok for you - weather, traffic & I hope things aren't too bad. Thoughts are with you.

Hazel-nut
18-03-11, 11:54 AM
chris moyles has raised £2.4 million now and has gone home to sleep i think! he was asked to present some of the programme tonight but he said probably not after doing all that time on the radio!
i donated £5 for his show and £1 in tk maxx the other day but havnt got anything else planned! the cheerleaders did a cake sale the other day but i resisted :P

ken i hope your dad is ok and you dont get caught up in traffic! at least you get to go out on the bike!

Robf
18-03-11, 05:17 PM
i caught some bits of the show, i think it was around the 34 hour mark, didn't know they were doing it at first, but 2.4 million is amazing, think he raised a fair bit for his Kilimanjaro trip. once again well done to Chris Moyles.

Nelly
18-03-11, 05:33 PM
Can't stand the bloke but...
I know how knackering radio is (trust me, it may sound easy), i get worn out after 2 hours!
Fair play to him [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Si
18-03-11, 06:57 PM
Fair play! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
18-03-11, 07:58 PM
the latest total for him alone is £2.6 million apparently! some woman from blue peter did a tight rope walk and got £253,000 so chris kinda puts her to shame!lol

Hazel-nut
19-03-11, 12:58 AM
It's 1 in the morning-the new record total is £64 million and I'm going to bed!thought i could last the whole thing but dont think I can :(
Fearne cotton has just said she will put her swimming costume on again if they get another 100,000 texts but as I'm not a bloke I won't be staying up to watch that :P