PDA

View Full Version : Spring is in the air

redken1
15-03-11, 07:39 PM
Ventured across the border today to work in Devizes- what a place to get to from Frome. The sun was shining and it was so warm that I stripped off to my shirt for the first time this year. I could hear the birds singing in the trees and I saw my first Bumblebee of the year. The tiny winged creature’s buzzing was so infectious, I got a buzz myself. All signs that the time of year the biking community yearns for, is nearly upon us. A week this Sunday the clocks go forward as we move in to British-Summer-Time. Long warm sunny days riding our bikes – Yippeeeeeeeeee! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Loops
15-03-11, 07:45 PM
It was lovely on Monday - sunny, but with a coolness to the air that means you don't overheat, birds singing, bees buzzing, blue skies and greenery....

....just a pity I was feeling awful with a cold and wasn't in a mood to enjoy it ;D Although I did feel better for being out in it

smellygerm
15-03-11, 07:58 PM
Total agree I've actually got a tan just from being in the sun ,no mater what basil says he's lying ;D

redken1
15-03-11, 08:00 PM
Total agree I've actually got a tan just from being in the sun ,no mater what basil says he's lying ;D

Gonna make it up to The H&C soon when clocks change Stacey. Really looking forward to trying one of those famous smellyburgers. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
15-03-11, 08:10 PM

Gonna make it up to The H&C soon when clocks change Stacey. Really looking forward to trying one of those famous smellyburgers. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Brown sauce with that ;D

redken1
15-03-11, 08:12 PM
Play it safe mate red sauce ;D

Beamer
15-03-11, 08:21 PM

Brown sauce with that ;D

They are awesome Ken....honest :) :) :)

Roxy
15-03-11, 08:39 PM
it was about 16 degrees today...positively roasting!!

bring it on....

Roxy :)

BB
15-03-11, 08:49 PM
Positively tropical! 8-)

BB

Nelly
15-03-11, 08:54 PM
Balmy :) 8-)

Gaz
15-03-11, 09:17 PM
BOING [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] :D

Nooj
18-03-11, 10:10 PM
23* in the conservatory the other day once the sun got onto it! Normally it's about 14 at this time of year :)

On the down side, that means accident season is almost upon us :(

Nelly
19-03-11, 12:37 PM
Been doing my domestic godess routine today.
Washing windows, cleaning guttering etc. I cant remember a time when the sun felt so good on my face.
Yup, spring is here 8-)

R1chie
19-03-11, 04:53 PM
Managed to get out today for the first time since August (could even be July) last year. Yep...it's been that long.

Zig zagged my way back and forth across the Plain ending up at the H&C to be greeted by Kev and Tina

All good though. Just had the one old dear pull out on me today. Close to 200 miles which is more than I was planning to do.

Surprisingly I feel ok, no aches apart from my gammy wrist which is in clip order and now has an ice pack on it. Tina... :-X ;D

A good day all round though. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Beamer
19-03-11, 05:01 PM
Managed to get out today for the first time since August (could even be July) last year. Yep...it's been that long.

Zig zagged my way back and forth across the Plain ending up at the H&C to be greeted by Kev and Tina

All good though. Just had the one old dear pull out on me today. Close to 200 miles which is more than I was planning to do.

Surprisingly I feel ok, no aches apart from my gammy wrist which is in clip order and now has an ice pack on it. Tina... :-X ;D

A good day all round though. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Im not saying a word hehe..... honest.... just chuckling quite a bit ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Great to see you again Richie...... sunday lunch next :D :D :D

Jacde
19-03-11, 05:09 PM
Was a beautiful days riding, we went to Burrington Coombe. I only had a police car which was lacking indicators and also a woman pull out in front of me and then just blocked my lane, managed to squeeze round the back of her car tho :)

redken1
19-03-11, 07:08 PM
Just got home from Carlisle on the bike. Went up yesterday 310 miles and 310 miles back today. The worst part of the journey was on the outward trip until I got about 50 miles north of Bristol. Hands were freezing, but today was lovely - took me 5 hours from door to door. 8-)

Roxy
20-03-11, 09:16 PM
Managed to get out today for the first time since August (could even be July) last year. Yep...it's been that long.[smiley=thumbup.gif]

Good God man that's worse than me!! :oI don't feel so bad now!

R1chie
20-03-11, 09:28 PM
Managed to get out today for the first time since August (could even be July) last year. Yep...it's been that long.[smiley=thumbup.gif]

But bar 3 weeks over Xmas/New Years I've been out of the country since August until March ;)

Roxy
20-03-11, 09:29 PM

But bar 3 weeks over Xmas/New Years I've been out of the country since August until March ;)

PAH..poor excuse with your jet setting lifestyle! ;)

Roxy

R1chie
20-03-11, 09:34 PM
Ha...yeah....rock and roll eh :o

Roxy
20-03-11, 09:34 PM
living the dream I think is the saying!! ;) ;D ;D

Nooj
21-03-11, 12:50 AM
The tiny winged creature’s buzzing was so infectious,

That reminds me, I need to evict a big fat wasp from the bedroom!