PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - could someone contact Jacde for me?

Honda_Star
19-03-11, 09:23 AM
Hi all

My iphone has completely and utterly died on me. >:( I dont have a landline, so could anyone who has Jacde's number please text her and ask her to check her pm. The girls were planning on a ride out later and I have no way of contacting anyone at the moment other than through WB.

Thank you!!

wiltshire builders
19-03-11, 09:27 AM
done

Honda_Star
19-03-11, 09:30 AM
Thank you very much - one iphone being launched through the window now.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Jacde
19-03-11, 09:42 AM
Yay, thanks Dan [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
19-03-11, 09:04 PM
Grrrr, don't mention iphone issues!!!

Jacde
19-03-11, 09:07 PM
SF Apple store in Bath were brilliant in sorting my iphone for me. They run an appointments systems, so you don't have to wait ages to be seen. If you go take your pc with you as they can sort stuff out on it too.

Squashed_Fly
20-03-11, 11:47 AM
sadly, three neglected to inform me there was a software compatability issues with iphones on their network meaning it constantly struggles to find the network. So now i have the nokia n8. Amazing camera, god aweful phone!!!

jpssantos
23-03-11, 08:20 AM
compatibility issues with the network and iphones?

mmmm....cant see that happening, what network was it?

Squashed_Fly
23-03-11, 08:47 PM
It's true. Apple sent confirmation about a software fault they are working on trying to resolve

R1chie
23-03-11, 09:29 PM
sadly, three neglected to inform me there was a software compatability issues with iphones on their network meaning it constantly struggles to find the network. So now i have the nokia n8. Amazing camera, god aweful phone!!!

I know that there are some 3GS and iphone4's that after updating to the most recent IOS have gone tits causing freezing and the inability to access phone networks.

Is that what you mean?

Squashed_Fly
24-03-11, 12:00 AM
I haven't updated the firmware on it, but it's a 3GS and for about 3 months it's just constantly struggling to find a signal. I called Three and they said they would provide a new handset and let me keep the iphone as this software compatability issue exists and there wasn't a fix in place. I don't know much about phones, but enough to know if they let you keep a working iphone and give you another smart phone handset, they obviously knew about the issues before I changed to the Iphone and should have let me know.

Apparently they are now issuing all handsets with a notice from Apple about the problem.

I'm gutted - I loved my iphone :(

Scotty
24-03-11, 07:39 AM
...constantly struggling to find a signal. I called Three...
You've answered your own problem there SF, Three's network coverage is worse than abysmal. Star was with them for years and it drove her mad tryiing to get a signal so she canned them and went to O2 and hasn't suffered since...

Squashed_Fly
24-03-11, 08:22 AM
Not quite true - well certainly not for me anyway. Three's UK coverage is one of the best. And if she changed to o2 it wouldn't have made much difference - they both use the same network to transmit signal. If your 3g signal fails, it automatially switches to a 2g o2 signal.

And before having the iphone, and now I have the nokia, I get a full 3g reception at all times around wiltshire. If the phone doesn't get a signal, it could be another handset issue in Stars case possibly? It's not uncommon on any network...

jpssantos
25-03-11, 08:51 AM
3s uk coverage is one of the best?? LOL

I work in the mobile coverage industry, planning and optimisation and I get to see all networks coverage stats.. believe me, 3 doesnt stand a chance.

The problem with your iPhone.. its not the iPhone, its the network being rubish.
Try the iPhone on Vodafone and you'll see how well it works.

Jacde
25-03-11, 09:16 AM
Agree with you JP, I'm a iPhone O2 user and I get almost no signal when I'm downstairs at home, if I stand outside it's ok or I go upstairs it's ok. When I go to work in Newbury I get no signal at all yet the lads or are on Vodaphone get a full signal.

Squashed_Fly
25-03-11, 09:21 AM
Sadly I'm stuck in a 2 year contract :(

But I will say that with the Nokia (despite the fact it's going back next week to be replaced by a HTC Desire HD), I am back to getting full 3g signal at home, so it must be a handset issue with the Iphone. Just gutted as the Iphone 3GS is brilliant for everything I use. Just have to wait for the Iphone 4G to come out and then upgrade (and hope they've fixed the problems!).

jpssantos
25-03-11, 09:05 PM
I'm not too sure if O2 or 3 or any of the other operators have this...

But Vodafone has a clever box, Femto cell, or I think now the name is Sure Signal...

basically you connect it to your ADSL line and you have your own little "mobile mast" in your house, providing coverage to all your rooms (dependant on your house size of course!)

ask at your local shop if they do something like this... I think Vodafone charges a one off £50 to buy the box

R1chie
25-03-11, 10:01 PM
Sure Signal rocks...I kinda got one for easy sheckles last year via Quidco. Cheers easy.

Seems that when Apple sort out the IOS it shouldn't matter which iPhone you have, as long as it has a the version which doesn't freeze your phone to ****.

Keep an eye out on the Apple/piePhone forums to see when this is in play.

Jacde
25-03-11, 11:30 PM
I'm tight and wouldn't fork out £50 just so I get a signal downstairs all the time ::)

R1chie
25-03-11, 11:37 PM
Well that's just fine if you have an upstairs to get a signal from ::) ::)

R1chie
25-03-11, 11:40 PM
Oh...and thanks to Quidco, the Sure Signal cost me - £55.

Yes...they paid me £55 for my convenience.

I'm northern.....you don't even know what tight is ;D ;)

Hazel-nut
28-03-11, 06:12 PM
dabz has a sure signal box as our signal was always coming and going even if you didnt move the phone at all! now we have full signal all the time-unless the intenet dies :P

my bro used to be on 3 and im not sure what his signal was like but i know he had a few problems with them and ended up moving to 02 quite quickly!

Chappers
28-03-11, 08:35 PM
funny how something useful sometimes comes out of the most random of threads ...

now investigating sure signal - tx for the heads up richie [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
28-03-11, 08:46 PM
suresignal rocks - got one at home and at work, we couldn't live without it at the office seeing as we're all on voda and there's no signal!

R1chie
28-03-11, 08:50 PM
Go through Quidco first...you might get something back!!

Click here to join (http://www.quidco.com/user/291448/)