PDA

View Full Version : Public thanks

Rossio
05-04-11, 01:03 PM
This is just a thank you note for last nite to the man we call squashed fly,
After embarking on what looked to be a good crack at the bike cafe ( abingdon way) lucky me got a puncture, good old SF came back to my rescue, my knight in white n blue spandex ;D ;D ;D ;D also a big thanks to the many many bikes that stopped as they were flying past to check I was ok, great 'biker spirit' up here shame I missed the fireworks >:(

jonnydangerous
05-04-11, 01:10 PM
dam! i carry a tubeless repair kit on my bike....you can get them from ebay....if you dont want to spend on the expensive CO2 powered kits, just buy the tool and strings/glue from ebay and a hand pump from the pound shop :-)

Snowy
05-04-11, 01:23 PM
I have and have used the "Pocket Tire Plugger" which uses mushrooms to fill the hole and comes with the tools you need to prepare the hole and put the mushroom in without removing the wheel. Your choice over inflation - you can use gas cannisters/hand pump but I usually carry a compressor I can power of the bike (because I can ;D).

Roxy
05-04-11, 01:37 PM
G - anything else remotely interesting in there??? ;)

Roxy x

Squashed_Fly
05-04-11, 03:09 PM
Oi! Less of the spandex - I told you that was our little secret! lol

No need to thank me, it was no bother mate. Glad to help, and I'm sure you'd do the same for any of us in the same situation.

Have a chat with Jaydee - I'm sure he can help you out with a new tyre. If you want me to ride down with you I'd be happy to (directions/in case it happens again!). Am busy Thursday night but free the rest of the week

Jacde
06-04-11, 12:14 AM
Aww another good deed done over the last few days, you biker lot are tops [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Well done SF, and hey don't worry bout the spandex, I believe that's what all superhero costumes are made from and it's a myth that it's used for giving the body a better silhouette! ;)
Rossio, along with all the other top tips above have a look at Nooj and his shiny bike syndrome website, he does puncture safe gunky stuff for a decent price.