PDA

View Full Version : Gym anyone? (Swindonites)

Squashed_Fly
31-03-11, 12:06 PM
I want to join the gym at the link centre - £33 a month but they have an offer on for 1st month free & no joining fee if you join at start of April. Price includes free ice skating, rock climbing & swimming etc as well so pretty good deal plus discounted tennis courts in summer.

Ideally I want to go with someone else as it's usually better to train in pairs. I've got a fair bit of work to do to get back in shape and could use the motivation!

Anybody else interested who lives in Swindon? Or anyone already going and mind me tagging along...

spudgun
31-03-11, 12:11 PM
i joined the gym at the Blunsdon Hotel
It's not very big (but never busy) and has pool, 2 squash courts, 1 tennis court, cardio room, weights room and a pitch n putt course. Very helpful and friendly staff and would recomend it - i can get you a free pass for a day if you are interested

Squashed_Fly
31-03-11, 12:23 PM
That sounds pretty cool - how much is it a month?

spudgun
31-03-11, 12:31 PM
i'll get you a pass and leaflet tonight.
not quite sure what an idividual membership costs, i think it's about 40, but i have added the kids onto mine, which is a few quid extra

Squashed_Fly
31-03-11, 12:41 PM
Hmm, tbh that's quite expensive. DW round the corner is £38, or the link for £33 with the offer so I'll probably do one of those...

redken1
31-03-11, 07:54 PM
Gin anyone? Yes please, tonic with mine SF.Oops sorry, misread the heading. ;D

Chappers
31-03-11, 08:08 PM
Run on the road or cross country - free
Swim at the local pool - £2.50
Weights - plenty free, but a good set will cost no more than 2 month's gym subs

Says the man with gym subscription he never uses :-?

Ken - good idea chief! off to make one now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
31-03-11, 08:51 PM
SF, the only problem with the council run gym as opposed to the hotel or DW is opening hours, hotel and DW will have longer opening hours and they'll restrict kids whereas out of term time the link and oasis pools will be heaving!

Morticia
04-04-11, 05:09 PM
I work at the marriott, can get you a m'ship for £25 if I say you're family. Thre's loads of classes too, so if you don't fancy the gym, you can spin, bodypump and all that lot.

Spudgun, say hello to Catherine for me will you, tell her I miss her blonde moments and her oh-so-saucy car.

Morticia
04-04-11, 05:10 PM
Gin anyone? Yes please, tonic with mine SF.Oops sorry, misread the heading. ;D

Double Tia Maria for me please.

Squashed_Fly
05-04-11, 07:32 AM
Whereabouts in the Marriott hun? Is it the one near Broom Manor??

mcicy
06-04-11, 09:21 AM
I used to be a member of link gym, I payed £19 a month for access to all swindon council run gyms, pools, activities during off peak hours with the X Card. Unfortunately the person I went with got a regular houred job so without a partner to go with I kinda stopped going too

Morticia
06-04-11, 04:06 PM
Whereabouts in the Marriott hun? Is it the one near Broom Manor??

LOL, in the leisure club ;D

It's in old town, next to Intel. If you read this and wanna have a look, I'm here till 10 today.