PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Radio (80's, 90's, 00's, Classic Rock )

470four
05-04-11, 09:30 AM
If - like me - you cannot STAND having to listen to boybands, girlbands, some "dude" from "da ruff'side a town" rambling along about how big his rims are & how "tuff" his "homies" are :-? then I strongly suggest a visit to the above website:

http://absoluteclassicrock.co.uk/?utm_source=a8&utm_medium=channelbar&utm_campaign= ac

Guaranteed NO groups of 15-year-olds "singing" about how tough life is... ;D

Real music, real instruments, real people. ;)

Jacde
05-04-11, 09:36 AM
Yep that's the station I listen to, just ruined by really crap adverts >:(

Last Train
05-04-11, 09:41 AM
Yep that's the station I listen to, just ruined by really crap adverts >:(

And by DJ's who still seem to think that their voices are more important than the record they're playing ::)

They do play some good suff tho :)

wiltshire builders
05-04-11, 11:46 AM
Can't deal with ads on the radio. Need to find an alternative to Chris 'talk at you' Evans. (If anyone suggests Chris Moyles there will be trouble)

Tried Virgin for a while until I realised they only had 4 songs on their play list.

I just want to hear decent music and intelligent conversation while I work. Is that too much to ask?

470four
05-04-11, 11:53 AM
Cant stand Radio 1 OR that cat funt Chris Moyles, too much cheesy chart by far...

I guess the adverts pay their wages but could do with less of them to be fair?

Nelly
05-04-11, 12:30 PM
Trouble is that those adverts are absolutely essential just to keep the station going. Streaming and broadcast fees these days are horrendous (trust me ;)) however, i would make like a little cheaper if the independant (most of which are owed by the same group) refused to pay huge salaries to ..ahem...past it presenters. For some stange reason, Tony Blackburn just sprang to mind.
I spend a lot of time when at home listening to TRULY independant stations and love loads of the internet based radio stations. There are 1000's of em to choose from. love the american mid west stations. I always have Images in my mind of little shacks by the side of desserted freeways with some or other bearded hillbilly croaking down a battered tin mic, hanging from the ceiling with string and elastic bands, lining up vinyl and cds on some old arcaic desk held together with duct tape. Rocktastic!

Taylor86
05-04-11, 07:09 PM
10am on Sundays - Dave Gormsn! I get the podcast of this 2 hour show as the guy is hilarious!!

BB
05-04-11, 08:50 PM
Excellent, thanks for the tip!

BB

Iceman
05-04-11, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the link!

Jacde
05-04-11, 11:05 PM
In a previous incarnation I was a programme operations assistant on BFBS radio in Germany. It was the best job I have ever done, but I think you will always get 'egos' when it come to people in the 'entertainment business'.
Classic FM is often on in the car, but Simon 'whatshisname' ex Radio 1 is on it and he puts my teeth on edge [smiley=evil.gif]

mcicy
06-04-11, 09:20 AM
Listen to this at work, also if you go to the website you can enter loads of competitions to win everything from cash to big screen tv's

Jimbok4
06-04-11, 10:04 AM
Planet rock for me as they play what I like to hear without fail (doh rock music lol) ;D
Some of my customers arnt as keen though and rock music don't sound that great on a low volume :(
Im not sure if star radio can b picked up in Wiltshire but they play a good mix

Iceman
06-04-11, 07:06 PM
....is there any radio station that plays' 50's,60's,70's only? Now that would be something! :)

Last Train
06-04-11, 07:55 PM
Classic FM is often on in the car, but Simon 'whatshisname' ex Radio 1 is on it and he puts my teeth on edge [smiley=evil.gif]

My fave too and, mercifully, 'Mr Out Tune' ::) has moved on to bore the **** out of some other station's listeners. :)

Jacde
06-04-11, 08:21 PM
Master Bates has gone!! Yay ;D