PDA

View Full Version : Master plan exposed!

redken1
06-04-11, 07:01 PM
It is my 29th Wedding Anniversary this coming Sunday, but I have been getting a real urge to take the ‘Beast’ (the bike, not my wife)for a blast and in an attempt to satisfy my lust, I intended to join the ride to Abergavenny. In order for this desire to come to fruition I realised I would need to devise a master plan.

If I bought my lovely wife a bottle of her favourite brandy on the eve of our special day and took her out for a nice meal on my return from the WB ride all would be sorted. As any strategist worth his salt will tell you, the main keys to executing a master plan is secrecy and timing.

I knew I should not have confided in my daughter who disclosed my plan to my wife at the most inopportune moment. I thought I was a loving caring biker – turns out I’m a selfish scheming git who cares more about his bike than anyone or anything else.
;D

Snowy
06-04-11, 09:40 PM
It is my 29th Wedding Anniversary this coming Sunday, but I have been getting a real urge to take the ‘Beast’ (the bike, not my wife)for a blast and in an attempt to satisfy my lust, I intended to join the ride to Abergavenny. In order for this desire to come to fruition I realised I would need to devise a master plan.

If I bought my lovely wife a bottle of her favourite brandy on the eve of our special day and took her out for a nice meal on my return from the WB ride all would be sorted. As any strategist worth his salt will tell you, the main keys to executing a master plan is secrecy and timing.

I knew I should not have confided in my daughter who disclosed my plan to my wife at the most inopportune moment. I thought I was a loving caring biker – turns out I’m a selfish scheming git who cares more about his bike than anyone or anything else.
;D

So, thats the hard part done Ken - see ya Sunday ;D

Beamer
06-04-11, 09:49 PM

;D

So, thats the hard part done Ken - see ya Sunday ;D

awww bless thats really quite funny ....bless ya ken....good luck on your escape ;D ;D ;D

Nelly
06-04-11, 10:39 PM
Nice try Ken ;D

redken1
06-04-11, 10:57 PM
Gotta devise an even better master plan now if I'm gonna engineer an escape from the 'Doghouse' before Sunday. ;D

I mean come on - I made the past 28 anniversaries :-?

Squashed_Fly
07-04-11, 09:07 AM
turns out I’m a selfish scheming git who cares more about his bike than anyone or anything else.
;D

Thank God for that - I was beginning to think I was the only one! If my missus is to be believed anyhow! ;D ;D ;D

wiltshire builders
07-04-11, 01:19 PM
Gotta devise an even better master plan now if I'm gonna engineer an escape from the 'Doghouse' before Sunday. ;D

I mean come on - I made the past 28 anniversaries :-?
So in 28 years you didn't ever come to the conclusions that:

a)Women can't be trusted with any form of secret

2)Women will blow their top at event a hint that you might rather do something other than devote your time to them

c)You are going to me reminded of this for the rest of your days

There is nothing that can be done to get yourself out of this and out on the ride. The more you try the worse it'll get.
My advice, write this one off, put it down as experience and look forward to the next one. (ride not wife!)

Jon_W
07-04-11, 02:00 PM
Schoolboy error I'm afraid!!

Problem is mitigation of your crime isn't going to cut it. Just thorw yourself on the mercy of the court and pray for leaniancy.

jonnydangerous
07-04-11, 02:05 PM
sick note from your mum???........

Squashed_Fly
07-04-11, 02:05 PM
2)Women will blow their top at event a hint that you might rather do something other than devote your time to them

This is very useful information...

Have you got any more helpful hints on how to tame the beas...er... I mean women in our lives?

Jacde
07-04-11, 04:39 PM
In the defence of womankind, we're not ALL bad ;D

Squashed_Fly
07-04-11, 05:58 PM

This is true - some women are born mute :D ;D ;D ;D

***ducks to avoid the flurry of punches that probably won't hurt much 8-) ***

Jacde
07-04-11, 06:03 PM
;D I have other ways to hurt you ;D
And you can't run or hide, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE ;D
:P

Squashed_Fly
07-04-11, 06:06 PM
This is very true... I obviously wasn't including you when I said that Jacde...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2117/backpedal.jpg

silly_simon
07-04-11, 07:29 PM
Yes Jacde but the difference here is YOU ride a Motorcycle ;) ;)

Beamer
07-04-11, 07:31 PM

This is true - some women are born mute :D ;D ;D ;D

***ducks to avoid the flurry of punches that probably won't hurt much 8-) ***

Cruisin' for a bruisin there SF lol ;) ;)

Jacde
07-04-11, 07:49 PM
Yes Jacde but the difference here is YOU ride a Motorcycle ;) ;)

Ahhh Simon, yeah I know I love bikes but even if I didn't I wouldn't stop someone from riding one on a day like a wedding anniversary, if anything I'd encourage them in the hope I'd get a nice treat ;) and a bit of peace and quiet, there's nothing worse than a sulking man!

redken1
07-04-11, 08:32 PM
Our hoover's playing up. What about if I bought a new one. Would that work ladies?

Jacde
07-04-11, 08:34 PM
Ken you got a death wish? ;D

Taylor86
07-04-11, 08:39 PM
A nice gift definitely doesn't mean a household appliance... lol

Just so you know, I'll be taking a list of names of those that fall into trap of quoting cliches about women, and exacting my revenge... ;)
Maybe I'll put laxative in your cake, maybe I'll put tabasco in your shot on the Swindon Night Out... ::)

redken1
07-04-11, 08:42 PM
Ye I'm only having a bit of banter. Off course I'm gonna take my wife out - just enjoy a bit of light hearted fun. Don't suppose I would have survived this long if I did not make the odd compromise here and there. Went for a ride to Cheddar for a cuppa after work today - just got back, it was lovely and warm Jackie.

Jacde
07-04-11, 09:35 PM
I was out on my bike today too, the one without the engine tho :-/
Yep Ken, compromise is the thing, though not everyone is prepared to try it :-? I'm sure you really don't mind not doing the ride as you're a top bloke :)

Vee4 Gaz
08-04-11, 11:27 PM
Good luck Ken, Hope to meet you on Sunday.