PDA

View Full Version : My family is growing

mcicy
12-03-11, 10:56 AM
Well it is now official I am gonna be a dad for the first time. My wife is 16 weeks pregnant, we've had the scans, infact we've had 2 sets of scans as we thought she'd miscarriaged at 8 weeks but thankgod everything went well. Baby is looking healthy and in 4 weeks I should be able to tell everyone if its a boy (my first choice) or a girl (wifes first choice).

Loving the fact that when we go to the pub now she always has to drive ;D but hating how much all this stuff I need to buy is costing.

Family took it well, my mum thought I was joking and told me to get serious, my sister demanded to see the test before she would believe us. The wife's mum just went quiet (but we've never got on so its ok).

So far my friends reactions have been relocation as the thought of me reproducing will bring down property prices

Still on the bright side the kid shouldn't cut into my video games time as I do that at work and the wife has made no hint or gesture to indicate I have to sell the bike (if its one thing I'm good at its creating a budget that includes my toys and beer ;) ) although it does mean I will be stuck with my bike for a few more years instead of trading it in, in 2012 as I'd planned

Sean.C
12-03-11, 11:27 AM
Congratulations :)

Jacde
12-03-11, 11:58 AM
Aww congratulations to you and Mrs McIcy :)

silly_simon
12-03-11, 05:00 PM
congrats mate :)

Nokesy
12-03-11, 05:03 PM
Lovely news - congrats to you both :)

wiltshire builders
12-03-11, 05:39 PM
Baby McIcy! Congratulations to you both. If you need any help with a name I'm sure we can come up with a few suggestions.

How about Dainese for a girl and Fireblade for a boy.

mcicy
12-03-11, 05:40 PM
Names are already chosen, although we keep coming up with weird ones whenever someone asks us what they are just to freak them out a little

tommyjgraham
12-03-11, 05:41 PM
Congratulations ;)

Nelly
12-03-11, 06:35 PM
congrats!

Nico_babe
12-03-11, 07:01 PM
Ah CONGRATS to you both :)

Toph
12-03-11, 07:05 PM
congratulations to you and mrs McIcy!!
kids... you've gotta luv 'em!! :)

Scaredy_Cat
12-03-11, 07:45 PM
Congratulations to you both! :)

bobf279
12-03-11, 08:17 PM
congrats......I became a grandpa for the third time yesterday :) its brill when you can give them back when they get grumpy ;D

redken1
13-03-11, 08:19 PM
Congrats to you both [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

NiteW4tcher
13-03-11, 08:23 PM
congrats to you and your wife m8

BB
13-03-11, 09:03 PM
Congrats 8-)

BB

Bonnielass
14-03-11, 07:59 AM
Congratulations! :)

Kevinb
14-03-11, 08:53 AM
Well it is now official I am gonna be a dad for the first time. My wife is 16 weeks pregnant, we've had the scans, infact we've had 2 sets of scans as we thought she'd miscarriaged at 8 weeks but thankgod everything went well. Baby is looking healthy and in 4 weeks I should be able to tell everyone if its a boy (my first choice) or a girl (wifes first choice).

Loving the fact that when we go to the pub now she always has to drive ;D but hating how much all this stuff I need to buy is costing.

Family took it well, my mum thought I was joking and told me to get serious, my sister demanded to see the test before she would believe us. The wife's mum just went quiet (but we've never got on so its ok).

So far my friends reactions have been relocation as the thought of me reproducing will bring down property prices

Still on the bright side the kid shouldn't cut into my video games time as I do that at work and the wife has made no hint or gesture to indicate I have to sell the bike (if its one thing I'm good at its creating a budget that includes my toys and beer ;) ) although it does mean I will be stuck with my bike for a few more years instead of trading it in, in 2012 as I'd planned

Now my daughter and grandson have emergrated we have a stair gate and cot bed (no matress). Open to sensible offers as the money needs to go to my daughter and could deliver next time we go to GW in the car. Let me know if you are interested. Kev

AlanMc
14-03-11, 10:44 AM
Congrates m8, take care [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mcicy
23-03-11, 11:53 AM
So far the wife, mother-in-law and my mother have been enjoying my credit card immensely, came home after a weekend away (ok so I spent the weekend drinking, playing video games, watching anime and watching girls dressed in very little) to find a cot, baby clothes, pushchair, car seat and nappies piled up in the nursery.

jpssantos
23-03-11, 01:58 PM
Congrats!!!

I'm going to be a dad for the first time, in August…. Try mothercare for baby stuff, they have massive offers at the moment, stuff slashed 50%... That’s where I’ve been stocking up

mcicy
23-03-11, 06:04 PM
Congrats!!!

I'm going to be a dad for the first time, in August…. Try mothercare for baby stuff, they have massive offers at the moment, stuff slashed 50%... That’s where I’ve been stocking up

I recommend you also register online as you get loads of emails for money off deals have been grabbing loads of bargains for them.

Also there is a baby store hidden away in the Orbit Centre (opposite Porsche dealership) only found out about it by accosting a random couple in Boots and asking where they got there pushchair from

mcicy
06-04-11, 09:27 AM
Just wanted to add, that my wife had another scan at the hospital yesterday and I am gonna have a SON so I don't have to throw out my old toys :)

Loops
08-04-11, 10:20 PM
In fact, now you have an excuse to buy MORE! ;D

mcicy
09-04-11, 05:31 PM
In fact, now you have an excuse to buy MORE! ;D

Is it wrong that I went out to do the weekly food shop and came home with a nerf gun?

V_Angel_Junior
09-04-11, 05:38 PM
Congratulations! to you both :)