PDA

View Full Version : Salisbury wheelchair user attacked by gang

ChrisJo
04-05-11, 08:28 AM
This kind of thing makes me feel so angry and sickened by todays society.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-13274711

Bring back the birch!

Col
04-05-11, 09:50 AM
birch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no mate a very simple termination policy is required for this scum........captive bolt in the temple = problem removed...maybe restoration of public hangings

plus..

a huge fine for the parents would be an encouragement to others that they have a duty to raise their offspring in a proper manner.

have a nice day :)

Hunar
04-05-11, 10:05 AM
Never ceases to amaze me that people can attack someone in a wheel chair, it just shows what cowards they are.

These stories sicken me, but I don't think they are indicative of our society as whole, but a large enough slice of it to be concerned about. I'm not sure about bringing back corporal punishment though, it's not an effective punishment just lowers you to their level, although I agree I wouldn't mind taking a swing at them myself, but that's revenge and anger. Maybe a better solution would be to have them do something that their peer group would find degrading? like scraping the chewing gum off the pavement on a busy Saturday in town, they would need to be supervised of course, but give the people supervising them a sign that reads "These people are scum, they attack and rob people who are unable to defend themselves, feel free to point and laugh while they clean the scum from your streets"

oh I forgot that would be an infringement of their human rights!

don't get me started!

VOTE HUNAR!

Jon_W
04-05-11, 10:29 AM
Pillory and Stocks.... leave the f**ker there for a few weeks.

Mitch9128
04-05-11, 10:44 AM
Bring in Sharia law, cut their hands off ::)

wiltshire builders
04-05-11, 11:54 AM
Drop a bomb on Salisbury and start again!........and that's 500!

Mitch9128
04-05-11, 12:08 PM

Hmm i like Salisbury, drop a bomb on Chippenham and i'd agree :)

Nelly
04-05-11, 12:24 PM
It just goes to show that some peoples levels of decency are pretty low to say the least. It never ceases to amaze me how any one can think that it's ok or "cool" to carry out this type of attack on anyone, let alone wheelchair users.
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

BladeTriple
04-05-11, 01:13 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid and I'm far from saying he deserved this , but what on earth is someone as vulernable as that doing out at 1.30 to 2.30 am without anyone with him to either help or keep him company ?

I'm not defending this cowardly act by any stretch but the victim sadly put himself for whatever reason in a position that he may not have experienced had he been out during regular hours .

Lisa

Jon_W
04-05-11, 01:32 PM

Like the style. 8-)

Mitch9128
04-05-11, 02:06 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid and I'm far from saying he deserved this , but what on earth is someone as vulernable as that doing out at 1.30 to 2.30 am without anyone with him to either help or keep him company ?

I'm not defending this cowardly act by any stretch but the victim sadly put himself for whatever reason in a position that he may not have experienced had he been out during regular hours .

Lisa

There used to be a girl who would frequent 'Sticky Carpets' in Amesbury, one wooden leg and learning difficulties, many's the squaddie that went there...had a very close call myself onetime ( i just thought she was pissed!!!). Who knows what he was up to?

NoYou
04-05-11, 02:14 PM
This kind of thing makes me feel physically sick to hear about. How little conscience do you have to have to be able to do something like that... no doubt it was the same kind of chavvy scum who give all "youths" a bad name! hope they rot in hell.

NoYou
04-05-11, 02:18 PM
Never ceases to amaze me that people can attack someone in a wheel chair, it just shows what cowards they are.

These stories sicken me, but I don't think they are indicative of our society as whole, but a large enough slice of it to be concerned about. I'm not sure about bringing back corporal punishment though, it's not an effective punishment just lowers you to their level, although I agree I wouldn't mind taking a swing at them myself, but that's revenge and anger. Maybe a better solution would be to have them do something that their peer group would find degrading? like scraping the chewing gum off the pavement on a busy Saturday in town, they would need to be supervised of course, but give the people supervising them a sign that reads "These people are scum, they attack and rob people who are unable to defend themselves, feel free to point and laugh while they clean the scum from your streets"

oh I forgot that would be an infringement of their human rights!

don't get me started!

VOTE HUNAR!
You've got my vote m8! that is the kind of thing that needs to happen "punishment" nowadays isn't punishment at all its just an inconvenience at most!

ChrisJo
04-05-11, 02:49 PM
Some women really should have remainded as virgins....

"Firefighters saw a group of teenagers running away after setting fire to woodland on Tuesday evening in the Crowthorne area of the forest."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-13277087

Sigh.....

Mitch9128
04-05-11, 03:05 PM
Excellent, sexism, sits back with popcorn :)

Beamer
04-05-11, 03:43 PM

Lisa

Thats what pees me off the most in this wonderful world we live in........the fact that a vulnerable person has to think more than the average joe bloggs......ok so i wouldnt be out alone at that time of night but even so its wrong that any person (in a wheelchair or not) should have to stop doing things in fear of some selfish little gits who have to 'pick' on the more vulnerable of society.

In saying that one of the residents I work with was mugged in broad daylight about 5 minutes from the home......so these vile creatures will stop at nothing !!..... I am non-violent (most of the time) but I would have loved to have been left in a room on my own with the cretin that did it grrrrr

ChrisJo
04-05-11, 04:12 PM
+1 to that Tina.

Jacde
04-05-11, 10:20 PM

Lisa

Whether you have a disability or not, shouldn't stop you venturing out at what ever time you want to! This attack could have happened during daylight hours, would you have the wheel chair user not being allowed out at all? :-?

When there are oxygen thieves >:( like this roaming the streets anyone becomes vunerable.

Don't know why so many people are lacking in respect for fellow human beings :-/

BladeTriple
05-05-11, 12:35 AM

Lisa

Whether you have a disability or not, shouldn't stop you venturing out at what ever time you want to! This attack could have happened during daylight hours, would you have the wheel chair user not being allowed out at all? :-?

When there are oxygen thieves >:( like this roaming the streets anyone becomes vunerable.

Don't know why so many people are lacking in respect for fellow human beings :-/

I agree totally Jackie , that time of night your average able bodied person becomes vulernable, even my bloody height and ability to shoot someone down at 100 paces with my gob I don't like walking home alone at dark oclock, I'd have my heavy metal cage around me from door to door if I can and make sure any friends I'm with get the same treatment. It could've happend in daylight hours but by and large pack animals like this bunch hunt at night possibly fueled on cheap booze and bravado ... tossers.

We don't respect each other anymore because of crap like Jeremy Kyle where we think its right to publically ridicule each other in the name of entertainment.... the Media positively encourages public ridicule and this beating, mugging is just another form of it taken a stage further ..... Its wrong we have lost our good old fashioned values where you'd cross the street to help someone out instead of not even crossing to p!ss on them if they were on fire. The worlds gone wrong badly.

I stopped my car the other day in Frome to pick up some kid who came off his 125 and I had to explain its ok I'm a biker too before he understood why I was trying to help him, its that kind of attitude of WHY would YOU want to help ME that has our society all wrong, we do it because its our nature to be kind, too many folk have got lost along the way sadly !