PDA

View Full Version : Re: What jobs does everyone do?

jpssantos
28-03-11, 09:12 PM
I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you.. lol

Flying Half-Dutchman
28-03-11, 09:36 PM
Miles, what do you do? Spy perhaps?

J2O
28-03-11, 09:38 PM
Nope, not a spy unfortunately (even if I was I wouldn't say ;)), although it'd be a damned cool job I reckon.

Chappers
28-03-11, 09:46 PM
I used to be a clairvoyant but these days I seem to get déjÃ* vu ;)
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1279108174/0

J2O
28-03-11, 09:48 PM
Oooops sorry everyone for the repitition! Should perhaps get rid of it?

Chappers
28-03-11, 09:55 PM
no need for that fella - will be lots of thread repetition over the years and there are loads of new people since that old thread [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sapphire
30-03-11, 09:58 PM
I'm not on the old thread so I may as well add mine here... I'm a United States immigration consultant! If anyone needs a work permit for the USA I'm your man. It was very interesting looking through the other thread...I hadn't seen it before.

Scaredy_Cat
31-03-11, 08:40 AM
I'm an aircraft engineer :)

jonnydangerous
31-03-11, 09:23 AM
im an oil rig driver :)
and when im "in port" im a wheelie instructor :-)

BladeTriple
31-03-11, 10:18 AM
A really crap one ... Army ... be depressed .... Anyone out there looking for a telecomms nerd with 19 years experience of military telecommunications systems, making brews for staff officers and telling private soldiers to push a brush around a garage for days on end cos there's nothing else to do ? give me a call !

Mitch9128
31-03-11, 10:38 AM
R&D telecomms lab engineer, and i rimmed every staff officers cup that ever demanded a brew from me ;D

Bornagain
31-03-11, 10:56 AM
i'm a police dog ;)

Dabz
31-03-11, 11:01 AM
sniffing peoples crotches all day long must get tiresome Basil...

Squashed_Fly
31-03-11, 11:30 AM
If anyone needs a work permit for the USA I'm your man.

Blimey -your username isn't the only thing you've had changed then? :P

kn
31-03-11, 01:17 PM
Motorcycle/ small engine mechanic

Gerry
31-03-11, 02:35 PM
Official Basher trainer (full time) ;D

G

Demonbaker
31-03-11, 03:51 PM
Officially I'm a Baker but it seems more like general dogs body these days.

bubblylittleme
31-03-11, 06:00 PM
Medical Co-ordinator (school nurse) in Special Needs School

Honda_Star
31-03-11, 06:12 PM
Legal beagle

nobby
31-03-11, 06:35 PM
H.G.V.driver in the waste industry. :)

Jimbok4
31-03-11, 07:13 PM
ceramic & natural stone tiler [self employed ]

Ducatista
31-03-11, 07:22 PM
Senior solution Engineer (Telecomms Software)

baxter
03-04-11, 07:39 PM
Plumbing and heating engineer

CBRowner
03-04-11, 07:50 PM
I'm part of 1 Air Mobility Wing in the Royal Air Force, which basically means I spend months in the desert and the remaining few months flying all over the world providing a Logistics and Movements knowledge

Beamer
03-04-11, 08:00 PM
Carer, Mum, Friend, Spiritual Healer (trained), Dreamer, Little Sister, Daughter, Acting Manager, Girlfriend, Ex-wife (x2 hehe)

Not in order of preference, pay rate, or enjoyment lol....just a few of the roles I get to perform now and again hehehe ;D ;D

470four
03-04-11, 08:04 PM

I thought you were an undertaker?

Oh yeah, my Bad, an overtaker... :D

bubblylittleme
03-04-11, 08:23 PM

I thought you were an undertaker?

Oh yeah, my Bad, an overtaker... :D

Haha...couldn't take it...lol

Loops
03-04-11, 08:34 PM
I'm a computer monkey - I spend 8 hours a day in front of a computer at work, then I come on here in the evenings....

The 'posh' job description is a '(Financial) Statistical Data Analyst' ;D

I'm just in the process of changing jobs though, to work in a pay office call centre....nothing like the old one!

GaryMc
04-04-11, 08:41 AM
Transport Manager (Automotive Sector)

Not exactly glamorous but I enjoy it :)

Kevinb
04-04-11, 01:45 PM
Brewery systems manager. changed my job late last year and love it.

Nelly
04-04-11, 04:06 PM
Electronic Engineer/Advisor in the rail industry.

Jacde
04-04-11, 04:09 PM

and part time publican ;)

Kopite
04-04-11, 05:07 PM
Goods In administrator, Fork Lift Driver, Banksman/Slinger and Crane operator.........also pisstaker (level 1) :D

Chappers
04-04-11, 06:29 PM

and smelly burger flipper [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BladeTriple
05-04-11, 08:15 AM
A really crap one ... Army ... be depressed .... Anyone out there looking for a telecomms nerd with 19 years experience of military telecommunications systems, making brews for staff officers and telling private soldiers to push a brush around a garage for days on end cos there's nothing else to do ? give me a call !

Tranche 1 of redundancies for the Army did not cover the above trade or rank or time in .... looks like I'm bloody stuck for now :'(

Nelly
05-04-11, 12:32 PM

Oh yes! Forgot them. 8-) Suppose i can also add radio presenter.....
Why aren't i rich? :-[

pob06
05-04-11, 01:39 PM
My names pob and I'm an Alcoholic :o :D ;D ;)

redken1
05-04-11, 06:11 PM

Oh yes! Forgot them. 8-) Suppose i can also add radio presenter.....
Why aren't i rich? :-[

Because you are a caring biker and not a greedy banker. ;)

whizz
05-04-11, 06:31 PM
grease monkey :) car/ bike mechanic

JohnS
05-04-11, 09:39 PM
2nd line IT Systems desktop support! Currently looking for a new job in Wilts area so i can come and live in my house if anyone knows of any similar positions going? ;-)

mcicy
06-04-11, 09:26 AM
Datacentre Media Operator aka Tape Monkey.... I spend all day waiting to load blank tapes into servers, our motto is 'Tape Goes In, Tape Comes Out'

Jacde
06-04-11, 10:18 AM
Aww, tape monkey, we don't have them any more ;D
Who/where do you work McIcy?
I'm a senior technician (well that's my current title, they change it when the wind blows in a different direction!) I work in Nationwides data centres in Swindon and Newbury, mainly on mainframes.

Nokesy
06-04-11, 11:46 AM
Charity Area Manager (Bristol and Somerset) - working with sex-workers, ex-offenders, former service men/women, drug and alcohol, families etc. etc. Soon to cover Cardiff too which means even more paid biking miles! :) :) :)

ChrisJo
06-04-11, 01:28 PM
IT Team Leader, looking after IT systems here, USA and all over really. Company makes and sales parking machines 8-)

Also part time game keeper. :-X

mcicy
06-04-11, 03:29 PM
Aww, tape monkey, we don't have them any more ;D
Who/where do you work McIcy?
I'm a senior technician (well that's my current title, they change it when the wind blows in a different direction!) I work in Nationwides data centres in Swindon and Newbury, mainly on mainframes.

I am in wroughton, swindon, can see the Nationwide building from my office, currently a contractor working for HP

Chappers
07-04-11, 04:40 AM

Tranche 1 of redundancies for the Army did not cover the above trade or rank or time in .... looks like I'm bloody stuck for now :'(

I do find it odd that the MOD decide that at the same time as implementing a large redundancy programme, that would be the ideal time to bombard every TV and radio station with endless adverts for every tenet of the armed forces? On a 30 minute journey yesterday I was invited on radio to join the RAF and the TA, before turning on the TV and being asked whether I want to apply to be a Marine. Why don't they just save some of the advertising cash and keep the redundancy pay-outs? :-?

Chappers
07-04-11, 04:42 AM
I am in wroughton, swindon, can see the Nationwide building from my office, currently a contractor working for HP

Ah HP :) The daddy of all the brown sauces [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Uber Dave
07-04-11, 10:07 AM

I do find it odd that the MOD decide that at the same time as implementing a large redundancy programme, that would be the ideal time to bombard every TV and radio station with endless adverts for every tenet of the armed forces? On a 30 minute journey yesterday I was invited on radio to join the RAF and the TA, before turning on the TV and being asked whether I want to apply to be a Marine. Why don't they just save some of the advertising cash and keep the redundancy pay-outs? :-?

Its down to the pensions. They are trying to get rid of people approaching 12 years and 22 year points as they are the years at which the pensions kick in and cost them money.

So if they get rid of people after say 9 years they dont owe them anything, cheaper to get shot of experience and recruit new people off the streets long term in some trades/jobs.

Chappers
07-04-11, 12:11 PM
the net effect is that all they're doing is taking out of one government pocket (Defence) and putting it in another (Welfare).

silly sods.

Blackandchrome
07-04-11, 12:57 PM
Its a bit hard to describe my job! ::)

wiltshire builders
07-04-11, 01:06 PM
I don't want anyone knowing what I do. It's private!

Hazel-nut
07-04-11, 01:29 PM
im a student but in around 5 weeks i shall no longer be a bum :)
i will be going back to centre parcs to work in retail while i keep applying for hundreds of jobs which i get rejected for as i dont have the experience or qualifications they would like!
if anyone knows of anyjobs in merchandising going can you let me know please :) (although i think i have already applied to and been rejected frome every job in the south west to do with merchandising :( )

Moo
07-04-11, 07:43 PM
I don't want anyone knowing what I do. It's private!
;D ;D

Jacde
07-04-11, 09:38 PM
im a student but in around 5 weeks i shall no longer be a bum :)
i will be going back to centre parcs to work in retail while i keep applying for hundreds of jobs which i get rejected for as i dont have the experience or qualifications they would like!
if anyone knows of anyjobs in merchandising going can you let me know please :) (although i think i have already applied to and been rejected frome every job in the south west to do with merchandising :( )

Hazel, you forgot events coordinator for Wiltshire Bikers :)

Richzx10r
09-04-11, 10:19 PM
Cnc machinist for a medical company.Working for the new product development department.

Red Zed 1
09-04-11, 11:40 PM
full time motor mechanic(cars) and now bikes as i have 3 to look after,and trainee plumber and also carer for my wife and taxi driver for my son (til he's 17) :)

Ducatista
10-04-11, 05:12 AM
full time motor mechanic(cars)

Did you used to work at David Hendry cars in Malmesbury?

Col
10-04-11, 12:44 PM
Reluctant contributor to any government that steal my hard earned dosh to waste on non essentials :'( but also am obliged to be a severe critic of them ;D

sometime mammary fondler and massager but mainly a hose pipe attachment and professional smoker/beer drinker/ bolli talker and general bon de vie :o

work=slavery ........errr what happened to all the fancy techno stuff to do the work to allow more leeeeezure time :(

Davehsw
13-04-11, 04:43 PM
Instructor for HGV, PSV, tractors and tracked vehicles.

Red Zed 1
13-04-11, 11:29 PM
full time motor mechanic(cars)

Did you used to work at David Hendry cars in Malmesbury?
yes for 2 years along time ago

Ducatista
16-04-11, 08:40 PM

I used to live on Tavinor Drive and I think you used to live round the corner from me on Morse Close.
I had a Subaru, so we met in a previous life.
Didn't realise it was you til now.

KP
17-04-11, 11:01 AM
i used to be a heavy plant machine driver..now im a people transporter ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....... and i love it lol ;) ;) ;)

Beamer
17-04-11, 12:40 PM
i used to be a heavy plant machine driver..now im a people transporter ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....... and i love it lol ;) ;) ;)

mainly cos little old ladies bribe you with mars bars and choc ices hehe ;) ;) ;)

silly_simon
17-04-11, 05:59 PM

mainly cos little old ladies bribe you with mars bars and choc ices hehe ;) ;) ;)

People transporter ;D ;D I like that [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Fletch
17-04-11, 06:47 PM
I was in the army but left 4 months ago.

now a security operative for a large oil company in the middle east, (hense why you never see me on rideouts)

Morticia
21-04-11, 03:52 PM

Sounds very much like Steve's job! ;D

Though he draws the line at the nerd thing, bless!

lucym
22-04-11, 10:06 AM
Senior administrator for a big distribution company in Melksham :)

Hazel-nut
22-04-11, 04:36 PM
I now have a job at longleat :) working in the shops but training as a merchandiser, starting on may 15th, a couple of days after my last exam :)

RedSoul
22-04-11, 07:19 PM
I am an "ice-cream man" by day and a "bank robber" by night ;D ;D

StreetHippo
22-04-11, 08:49 PM
I now have a job at longleat :) working in the shops but training as a merchandiser, starting on may 15th, a couple of days after my last exam :)
You got the job! Congrats 8-)
Stu

Red Zed 1
23-04-11, 12:04 AM

I used to live on Tavinor Drive and I think you used to live round the corner from me on Morse Close.
I had a Subaru, so we met in a previous life.
Didn't realise it was you til now.
heh,you might realise it was me!!! :) but i still not sure who you are,could you be kind enough to say hello or kick me at the h&c/next ride please :-[

Toph
23-04-11, 12:12 AM
I'm a welder/ fabricator... I make things out of metal, mild steel, ali, stainless. brass. phosphor bronze... etc etc.
I've been doing it for 32 years... lovin' it!! :)

R1CH
06-05-11, 03:04 PM
I started as a postie this week :o

So far it's ok been lucky with the weather and I am sure my view of it will change when I am soaking wet and cold!

K125
06-05-11, 09:58 PM
I started as a postie this week :o

So far it's ok been lucky with the weather and I am sure my view of it will change when I am soaking wet and cold!

Helped my mum a couple of times delivering post with royal mail, killed my feet! And it is terrible in wet weather (be by a tree at all times. Or even better, find an old dear who is willing to give you a cuppa while the rain dies down!)

I work as the bored bunch in retail who force you to pay for food in iceland

(others call me a cashier)

zachl
07-05-11, 03:42 AM
i did work for virgin mobile telesales but have been given my 90 days notice :(

as im sure most of you have heard