PDA

View Full Version : A good time for the Queen to move?

redken1
14-05-11, 06:47 PM
Today saw Manchester United FC lift a record 19th English title and the FA cup will sit proudly in Manchester City’s trophy cabinet (a bit lonely, but there nonetheless. Now that England’s football powers are based in the Great northern city, would this not be a good time to give serious thought to moving the Queen’s main residence and the House of Commons to Manchester. ;) :P ;D

Mitch9128
14-05-11, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNcnDLWNis
Aye, she's a popular girl in the north :) Funnily enough i was up in Halifax today, via Manchester, by 'eck it's grim, and wet.

Col
16-05-11, 05:03 AM
:-* sweet Ken have you been taking excess of the falling over water ;D

Jon_W
16-05-11, 01:34 PM
Should this be moved to the Muppet Section..... ;D ;D ;D

redken1
16-05-11, 07:55 PM
I am often accused of impersonating those two old curmudgeons, Statler & Waldorf from The Muppet Show. >:(

I must confess that I was acting like a Muppet on this occasion, singing like Miss Piggy celebrating Man Utd’s historic title win. :-[
I travelled home and away following Man U through the baron decades of the 70s and 80s. Looking back, I never dreamt that in my lifetime, the Red Devils would surpass the achievements of the fantastic Liverpool teams of that era. Even a Muppet enjoys a good gloat from time to time. ;D

Apologies Moderators if I posted this in the wrong section. Feel free to move.

PS: No offence intended – it’s only banter and I never lose sight of the fact that whatever football club (except Liverpool ;D) you follow, “We are all in this together.”