PDA

View Full Version : Lou/Nelly....

Squashed_Fly
16-05-11, 10:18 AM
Hope you guys are ok?

I saw on the news this morning that a Tigermoth flight from Compton Abbas crashed yesterday afternoon! Didn't catch the whole story as was half listening at the gym but I hope you're both ok?

Squashed_Fly
16-05-11, 10:20 AM
Just googled the story - it was 2 men in the plane, both fatalaties.

Sorry, didn't mean to panic anyone!

Thats really awful news though :(

Dabz
16-05-11, 10:28 AM
it was the one taking off as lou landed!

Squashed_Fly
16-05-11, 10:45 AM
Time to buy a lottery ticket?

Someone up there is smiling down you!

Nelly
16-05-11, 12:13 PM
Aiden
Thanks for the concern. Strange thing is that Lou was due to be in the plane that crashed. The late running of the schedule appears to have been te reason that she happened to take to the air in the other one.
It def caused us to sit up quite late last night scratching our heads and wondering...

as curly put it on the Tigermoth Meet Thread, "there but for the grace of god i go..."

Sadly, one of the guys died overnight last night.
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9028489.Updated__Man_dies_after_plane_crashes_in_f ield/

Today, i just feel that i am a very lucky man.

Ducatista
16-05-11, 12:20 PM
Strange thing is that Lou was due to be in the plane that crashed. The late running of the schedule appears to have been te reason that she happened to take to the air in the other one.

OMG !!
That must really spook you out.
Do the lotto and Euromillions and send me your numbers

Glad to hear you're safe and sound but obvious sad for the other people.

BB
16-05-11, 01:13 PM
Ye Gods, lucky indeed.

So sorry to hear about this. :(

BB

redken1
16-05-11, 07:26 PM
Nelly and Lou, I hope you are not too shaken. Very sobering news - My thoughts go out to those involved.

Caz
16-05-11, 09:03 PM
Bloody hell, that was a close shave and they say motor bikes are dangerous, thank goodness you are ok Lou. Very sad news and my thoughts are with the families involved :'(

Nokesy
18-05-11, 07:56 PM
Is very sad and like Ken says - very sobering :( Hope you both are handling it OK - can recommend several stiff drinks to calm the nerves! ;D