PDA

View Full Version : It's a miracle!

Loops
12-05-11, 08:58 PM
I don't want to jinx it, but......

....the local petrol station has DROPPED 1p off it's prices :o

Now they just need to started dropping off the others that have gone on over the last year or two! ::)

NoYou
12-05-11, 09:48 PM
We can hope but i don't think they will drop too much, i had actually forgotten how much it had gone up recently, when i was doing my hazard perception for my theory i saw a petrol station advertising 91p a liter xD i want plex!

Jon_W
13-05-11, 09:29 AM
Fill up fast... it won't last.

Nelly
13-05-11, 12:22 PM
Probably a spelling error. They'll put it up 2p tomorrow ;)

Kevinb
13-05-11, 01:30 PM
Yes Tesco's in Trowbridge have knocked 2 - 3 pence off diesel that should help with my 92 Litre tank :o

redken1
13-05-11, 07:59 PM
3 pence cheaper at Sainsbury's in Frome too. I don't want to open old wounds (earlier thread), but I will now be able to make a bigger contrbution to my daughters £9000 tuition fees when she starts university. >:( >:( >:(

Nooj
13-05-11, 08:32 PM
Crude oil's dropped something like $12 a barrel in the last month, our petrol prices have dropped one or two pence a litre (though I've not seen it any cheaper in Newbury than it was a month ago).

Would someone with better maths abilities than me care to work out of we're getting a raw deal here?

redken1
13-05-11, 09:27 PM
Crude oil's dropped something like $12 a barrel in the last month, our petrol prices have dropped one or two pence a litre (though I've not seen it any cheaper in Newbury than it was a month ago).

Would someone with better maths abilities than me care to work out of we're getting a raw deal here?

Nooj, at school I was the worst in my class at maths, but I reckon I can answer your question correctly - YES....... Gas, oil, electricity, etc greed merchants are all quick to pass on increases to the consumer and slow if at all to pass on decreases. >:(

Hunar
14-05-11, 07:07 PM
VOTE HUNAR

Col
16-05-11, 07:24 AM
:( I vaguely remember when the dinosaurs ruled the planet that a gallon of petrol was the same price as a pint of beer :'( :'( but I was very very drunk ;D and don't mention cigarettes ........... thieving bastid govt.

Kevinb
16-05-11, 08:41 AM
Now at £1.3799 per litre for diesel in Tesco's plus spend over £50 in the shop and get anotherv 5p off per litre. I'm sure the week before last is was £1.4399.
I read in the Sunday Times in the UAE they pay 5 pence per litre and the cheapest in the world is only 1.4 pence per litre :o with the most expensive at about £1.65 (we are in the top ten-Nothing to be proud of)

Nooj
18-05-11, 03:43 PM
Cheapest diesel in Newbury is 140.9. I went out to a job in Odiham yesterday and it was 144.9 out there!!

Mitch9128
18-05-11, 03:52 PM
Was pleased to see yesterday that the garage in Marlborough is still charging £1.50 a litre, i don't think his prices have changed in the last 5 years :D

Nooj
18-05-11, 03:59 PM
If it stays that way, this time next year they'll be the cheapest place in the country.

igbell
18-05-11, 04:30 PM
I have noticed a few places in Swindon have gone from 141p to 137p in the last few days on black stuff, and even the local Asda had it down to 135p and were sold out in a day of black stuff

Taylor86
18-05-11, 07:50 PM
Was pleased to see yesterday that the garage in Marlborough is still charging £1.50 a litre, i don't think his prices have changed in the last 5 years :D

Having grown up in Marlborough there are many many many things that can be said about that slimeball...
With all the laws he's broken I'm amazed he's even allowed to still trade. Please please please don't get fuel from there if you can help it. Regardless of the price if he gets no business at all he'll eventually have to sell up and a company with better morals and business-sense can move in!!

@bj
18-05-11, 09:47 PM
That's interesting... someone once advised me not to use a credit card there... there is something to this then..?

Taylor86
18-05-11, 10:19 PM
I know at one point the company that provides the card usage services refused to give him the facilities as he wasn't paying them for their services. I think that someone probably said you couldn't use a card there, not that you shouldn't (although I'd advise that as well).
There were issues with the seals on the pumps being broken as well. The guy had upwards of £10,000 in fines...

Plus the guy is just an all round unpleasant fellow (and that's the polite way of putting it)

Kevinb
20-05-11, 08:36 AM
I have noticed a few places in Swindon have gone from 141p to 137p in the last few days on black stuff, and even the local Asda had it down to 135p and were sold out in a day of black stuff

Last Sunday Tesco's in Trowbridge was down to only two pumps with diesel

Loops
23-05-11, 09:09 PM
Noticed another penny had come off today. And although I don't keep track so much, I think the diesel is down by 3p....

Still about 50p too expensive tho ;D

Nooj
24-05-11, 03:18 PM
Diesel's still 140.9 in Newbury. We're being screwed :-(