PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of making extra money

Nico_babe
18-05-11, 11:33 AM
Hey ladies,

Thinking of venturing into selling Avon but was wondering if you could give me an idea if any of you would be interested in buying Avon. Wanted to see if it would be worth it.

Thanks

xx

Mitch9128
18-05-11, 11:36 AM
I've heard mixed reviews on the Avon Storm 2 Ultra's, think i'll stick with Pirrelli.

Nico_babe
18-05-11, 11:44 AM
I've heard mixed reviews on the Avon Storm 2 Ultra's, think i'll stick with Pirrelli.

LOL, um............ good thinking there....... not quite what i was on about but each to their own i guess ;)

HensonA
18-05-11, 11:52 AM
.. Put Avon Storm Ultra 2's on my bke last Oct and done nearly 6,000 miles and still good tread depth in middle of rear tyre. Very hard compound section in middle of tyre.

Sorry Nico !! ... back to your Avon .... and good luck with the venture if you take the plunge. :)

Ducatista
18-05-11, 01:54 PM
I buy Avon (but already have a local rep).
There's an active community here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2951760

I think it's like a lot of these things these that it does depend on how much effort you put in.
Someone that's enthusiastic, comes up with ideas and works hard at it can make it work.

Personally I would trust Avon a lot more than some other companies I could name (like Betterware or Kleeneze).
Others worth looking at might be Virgin Vie or Pampered Chef.

Nooj
18-05-11, 03:22 PM
Debz has racked up 16,000 miles on her Avon Storms and there's still plenty of life left in them!

As to the other Avon, No idea I'm afraid.

redken1
18-05-11, 06:06 PM
Be careful out there Nico - I knew an Avon lady - Max Factor.
Sorry, couldn't resist it. My wife buys it from our local rep.

Col
19-05-11, 02:47 AM
not bottled water then :D

gotta storm ultra on at the mo and like the comments on wear :)

Gerry
19-05-11, 07:13 AM
I think like most part time jobs of this type, probably 95% of people fail fairly quickly, but has been said, I’m sure it depends entirely on how much effort is put in to it.

On the other hand, I’m also sure that with a good personality (which you have in bundles) enthusiasm, and determination, it’s possible to make good, possibly very good, money.

I’m not sure how Avon work, but I think most ventures of this type rely on not just selling the product, but also (sometimes mainly) setting on other representatives.

Unless you have to fork out loads of money to start, and you have the free time to put into it, give it a bash, if it doesn’t go as planned at least you will end up with lots of nice smellies ;)

Good luck…

Gerry

Jacde
19-05-11, 09:51 AM
I most probably should wear make up :-/ but I don't so it's a no from me chick ( sorry :-*)

Ducatista
19-05-11, 04:23 PM
Avon do toiletries, gifts, underwear, jewelry, footwear, leisure accesories etc.

What about Ann Summers?
I've been to one of their parties and it was a riot.

Chocoholics is another one.

Best to do something your interested in (that's why I came up with sex and chocoalte ;)

HensonA
19-05-11, 04:47 PM
Best to do something your interested in (that's why I came up with sex and chocoalte ;)
.. and was it thinking about the former that made you misspell chocolate ??? !!!! ;D ;D ;)

redken1
19-05-11, 06:01 PM
I most probably should wear make up :-/ but I don't so it's a no from me chick ( sorry :-*)

You don't need make up Jackie :-*

Nico_babe
19-05-11, 07:47 PM
You all crack me up.

Im going to put lingerie on and take my toiletry bag into the garage to look at my Bridgestones because they are NOT Avon Storms

;)

Honda_Star
19-05-11, 09:23 PM
Avon products are a lot better than they used to be and often win 'best buys'.

I think its quite easy to buy from them online so not sure how easy/hard it would be to sell for them.....

I went to a Pampered Chef party a few years ago....its tres expensive but lovely stuff - ever thought of something like that? (not sure if there is more profit in it than Avon)

Or Ann Summers?!? ;) ;)

lucym
29-05-11, 01:34 PM
Hi Nico
A friend at work became a rep towards the end of last year but well in time for Christmas. She was given an area local to her and she gained extra new customers from reps who stopped. She did really well. She also did promotions, like spend so much in each campaign for the next so many campaigns & get a free gift, or a prize draw for spending so much in a campaign. She did really well but found in the new year, people had spent up for Christmas & the sales weren't there - I guess it can be very seasonal unless you're really good at pushing for the sales or what promos you're prepared to try.

Best of luck with it if you do decide to give it a go! :)

Lucy