PDA

View Full Version : Vivi needs a hand...

Gerry
20-06-11, 03:38 PM
Vivi has kindly been given a piano (an upright, not a grand) which is currently sitting in a conservatory in Pewsey Wilts.
I don’t know if anybody has experience of piano moving but they are massively heavy :o

I can provide a van, a ramp, a pallet truck, tie downs and some big wooden boards, but what we need is the help of, I recon, at least four blokes (five may be better)

Provisionally this WEDNESDAY 22nd. To meet in the centre of Devizes at 5.30PM.

Plan is to go to Pewsey, load up (sounds easy) and drop off back at Vivi’s (Chippenham I think) before going to the H&C to compare bruises, cuts, pulled muscles, wrecked backs etc etc.

Vivi says she would be very grateful to all helpers, so I’m assuming this means something like chocy cakes, free beer and a weekend in Brighton, but we have not finished negotiations yet ;)

Can you help, ?

As Transport Co-ordinator for the project, can you please PM me, as if we haven’t sufficient bodies on Wednesday we will have to postpone.

Merci 8-)

Gerry

Morticia
20-06-11, 03:49 PM
I'm in, if someone either gives me alift or I ride behind them, as we all know I have no satnav skills whatsoever...

jaagsxr
20-06-11, 04:22 PM
hi there we could hava ride out there and then all lift together ??? then to vivi `s for tea and cake ?

virginie_morisot
20-06-11, 05:37 PM
guys, you are awesome!! Gerry thank you so much. I just came home form work, yes if anybody is in, back to mine for tea/coffee and seleciton of cakes before H and C sounds perfect !! (that's just a token while waiting for the cruise which i will of course pay for as well obviously..)
so i suppose it's like a mini rideout with a piano at the end...
Think i already have at least one person apart from gerry.. and from the look of this possibly more !
i could ride over to devizes form chippo at 5 if anyone wants to join me :) :-* :-*

virginie_morisot
20-06-11, 05:39 PM
by the way the cruise was a joke, thought i'd better put in a disclaimer, i WILL NOT pay for a cruise..

Toph
20-06-11, 05:43 PM
I'm in.... although I'll have to go some to be in Devizes by 5.30, I don't finish work till 5!!! ;D ;D

Toph
20-06-11, 08:13 PM
We could have a sing-song...... "my old man's a dustman"... "Roll out the barrel" ...."Pack up yer troubles in yer old kitbag"etc ..etc!!! ;D ;D ;D
C'mon you strapping biker types.... lend a lady a hand!! :) :) :D :D ;D

Harry87
20-06-11, 09:39 PM
See you there. Will be handy for me to be in the area to attend the Wales briefing too.

Gerry
20-06-11, 09:45 PM
Anymore helpers, a couple more would be good - please ?

Vivi - where did the cruise come from ??

G :)

jaagsxr
20-06-11, 10:21 PM
yer could be at pewsey ?? what time ?

Snowy
20-06-11, 10:36 PM
I can go straight to Pewsey if Vivi can pm me the address. I have moved an upright piano myself in a Transit with just one helper......but I don't recommend it and I won't do it again ;D

Jacde
20-06-11, 10:47 PM
I can come along and do the glamourous assistant role ;D , can't lift, push or pull anything at the mo :-/
Can't do the cruise, but can do the champagne/spa weekend break ;)

virginie_morisot
20-06-11, 11:26 PM
Anymore helpers, a couple more would be good - please ?

Vivi - where did the cruise come from ??

G :)

it was after you mentioned the wkd in Brighton in the first post.. :)
we also have two guys in pewsey already, i'll ask if we can have a third one there..

virginie_morisot
20-06-11, 11:28 PM
pewsey school at 6.30 ok
Snowy i'll pm you tomorrow with address
thanks guys,
i'll be baking cakes tomorrow night to go with your coffee :P

jaagsxr
20-06-11, 11:32 PM
So you dont want any one else @ pewsey then

Snowy
20-06-11, 11:39 PM
pewsey school at 6.30 ok
Snowy i'll pm you tomorrow with address
thanks guys,
i'll be baking cakes tomorrow night to go with your coffee :P

Vivi - I think I can find my way to Pewsey Vale School ;D ;D ;D

virginie_morisot
21-06-11, 12:31 AM
So you dont want any one else @ pewsey then
Yes Jaa, we do want more in Pewsey !!! if you can make it then great as it is very heavy ,... :)

Gerry
21-06-11, 10:32 AM
Sorry to complicate matters Vivi, but you said 6.30 at the school and we are meeting at 5.30 in Devizes, but Pewsey is only half an hour from Devizes.

Any chance of making it 6.00 at the school ?
This would save waiting around and mean more time for cakes & H&C later !

I remember that there were a couple of youngsters at Pewsey, but they won't be there at your place so we still need the numbers I think, better to many than not enough !

G [smiley=thumbup.gif]

jaagsxr
21-06-11, 11:03 AM
No worries I can be at pewesy vi vi

virginie_morisot
21-06-11, 11:55 AM
ah yes, why did i say 6.30??
quite right Gerry,
6.00 at Pewsey vale school !!!
yes we will need numbers , and back at mine too...
thank you Jaa, and all of you, will be great seeing you all tmorrow, I really appreciate!
:-* :)

virginie_morisot
22-06-11, 11:10 AM
guys i know it's looking wet now but the weather forecast states a dry and sunny end of afternoon.. after 4 pm apparently...!!
so pleae don't be put off just yet !!

Gerry
22-06-11, 03:19 PM
Leaving work at 5.00 to be in Devizes at 5.30 and Pewsey at 6.00 (roughly).
See you in Devizes Vivi.

Gerry

virginie_morisot
22-06-11, 03:32 PM
leaving work now, see you then , thank you !!
sun is out btw..
Vivi

Snowy
22-06-11, 04:37 PM
Will see you at Pewsey by six.

Toph
22-06-11, 05:14 PM
leaving Trobo at 5.30 ish should be at Pewsey at 6.15. :)

BB
23-06-11, 12:55 PM
Well? Did you move it ok? :-?

BB

Jacde
23-06-11, 01:08 PM
Well? Did you move it ok? :-?

BB

It's in Vivi's living room and everyone I saw yesterday at the H&C appeared to have no injuries and were still talking to each other :)

virginie_morisot
23-06-11, 01:53 PM
I just wanted to say a huge thank you, irst of all to Gerry for organsing all this for me, and his van and trolley etc..
as well as all the guys who turned up at Pewsey and helped with the piano move.. Toph, Snowy, Jaa and Wloverine .
I was very touched you gave your time and helped me yesterday, thank you all :) :)

BB
24-06-11, 07:35 AM
Go careful VIvi, you will make them blush - although I'm not sure Gerry knows how to blush!

They are not such a bad lot on here really ;)

BB

Gerry
24-06-11, 11:44 AM
I just wanted to say a huge thank you, irst of all to Gerry for organsing all this for me, and his van and trolley etc..
as well as all the guys who turned up at Pewsey and helped with the piano move.. Toph, Snowy, Jaa and Wloverine .
I was very touched you gave your time and helped me yesterday, thank you all :) :)

So Vivi, is "Wloverine a freudian slip ;D

Sorry to hear you were touched, but 1) it wasn't me, and 2) that's what you get when you go in the back of a van with four blokes ;)

We were all pleased to have helped [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Gerry x

virginie_morisot
24-06-11, 04:02 PM
i just re-read my post..yes, terrible spelling mistakes... i was rushing when i typed it!
and by the way i did not go at the back of the van !! (there was no space left !!) :P
these guys were so efficient, they made it look so easy !

Harry87
27-06-11, 10:43 AM
I felt more like a pussycat rather than a wolf lifting with the Owl and the Bull at either end

virginie_morisot
27-06-11, 08:37 PM
I felt more like a pussycat rather than a wolf lifting with the Owl and the Bull at either end
:)

Jaa endeavoured to carry the piano just with snowy at first, we had to stop him and say to wait for you guys, i think he would have just hoisted it over his shoulder !!