PDA

View Full Version : Trowbridge Test Centre.

Mark_Able
27-06-11, 09:04 PM
Well the news has it that Trowbridge Test Centre will re open for car testing, but not bikes. There's been a campaign since it's closure in 2008 to get it re opened, and it seems it's been successful. Having said that, it won't be at the original site on Wiltshire Drive, but at the Longfield Community Centre. New test routes are being trialled, with a view to it opening on a part-time basis initially. Expect to see testing commence around October/November this year... ::)

Dabz
27-06-11, 09:38 PM
Good news for young trobos! I remember the days of being told "just pray you don't get Carol Fricker if you're a bloke". Needless to say I got her and failed :p

Toph
27-06-11, 09:44 PM
I remember a bloke called "Mr Holbrow" who everyone who took their tests in Ashton St would pray to avoid. ;D

Green Man
27-06-11, 09:44 PM
Best keep your car doors locked :-* :-* :-*

Mark_Able
27-06-11, 09:46 PM
Avoiding drunk Polish and druggies is to become part of the new test... :D

Green Man
27-06-11, 09:49 PM
Is this part of the new Hazard Perception Test ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dabz
27-06-11, 09:51 PM
All they need to do now is bring back bike testing to Trowbridge!

SueZX4
28-06-11, 12:51 AM
is that to also test for Polish and druggies? don't we have enough in Bristol???!! oops, forgot Somalians!! Maybe too many people have asked if running the examiner over (no one specific of course) could be included at the BMPTC!! ;D ;D Seriously, it's good news that at least drivers don't have to travel so far for their test. Keep the hard work up for bikes too!

silly_simon
28-06-11, 12:18 PM
And mind out for a certain Refuse truck driver on Mondays :P :P

Mark_Able
28-06-11, 08:47 PM

Hey Simon, if you're doing Longfield you might wanna lock your doors. And don't sit still too long, they'll have your wheels off... ;D

Green Man
28-06-11, 09:09 PM
It’s like the Bermuda triangle a vehicle will enter but wont exit ;D ;D ;D ;D

BB
28-06-11, 10:04 PM
They can't use the old test centre as our office is relocating there before August 1st ;D

Should be cozy as the dentist is staying put! :o

BB

Dabz
28-06-11, 10:25 PM
You'll be able to walk to work!

BB
28-06-11, 10:31 PM
I know, I could now but I'm too idle! :D

BB

silly_simon
29-06-11, 01:12 PM

Hey Simon, if you're doing Longfield you might wanna lock your doors. And don't sit still too long, they'll have your wheels off... ;D

Mate I don't think even the residents of longfield are desperate enough to pinch the wheels off our trucks, besides the state the lorries are in they would probably fall apart anyway :P :P