PDA

View Full Version : Spotify

Nokesy
09-07-11, 10:17 PM
Hey, if you you haven't already come across Spotify, check it out at

http://www.spotify.com/uk/new-user/

It is a FREE music website with access to millions of songs that you can listen to on your desktop :)

Is great for listening to albums before purchasing elsewhere as you can listen to the whole thing first :)

redken1
09-07-11, 10:40 PM
Hey, if you you haven't already come across Spotify, check it out at

http://www.spotify.com/uk/new-user/

It is a FREE music website with access to millions of songs that you can listen to on your desktop :)

Is great for listening to albums before purchasing elsewhere as you can listen to the whole thing first :)

like the look of that Gemma. Is it safe?

Nokesy
09-07-11, 10:44 PM
Well a friend of mine has just told me he's been signed up now for 3 years!!! ;D Also said I need to get with the times!!

redken1
09-07-11, 10:53 PM
Well a friend of mine has just told me he's been signed up now for 3 years!!! ;D Also said I need to get with the times!!

I'll give the Times a miss, owned by Murdoch. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks though Gemma I'll give it a go - the site says you can sync to your ipod [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

whizz
10-07-11, 07:35 PM
Thanks Gemma using this seems ok x :)

newnut
12-07-11, 01:05 AM
ive used it for years. download it, its safe guys (and gals)

Caz
12-07-11, 12:39 PM
I downloaded it free but when going into view the tunes it say I got to pay :-/

newnut
12-07-11, 01:06 PM
you dont have to register, its been a while since i used it, but there will be a box to close that window somewhere. you just get adverts occasionally with free use. i just use pirate bay now an DL the albums i want, so much simpler.

Caz
12-07-11, 02:37 PM
Ok ta for the info

NoYou
12-07-11, 05:35 PM
you dont have to register, its been a while since i used it, but there will be a box to close that window somewhere. you just get adverts occasionally with free use. i just use pirate bay now an DL the albums i want, so much simpler.
Just one thing if people are thinking of using piratebay or similar, firstly it is illegal, but unless you are on somthing like BTs dirt cheap option can't remember the specifics of it but its like 10GB usage a month or somthing, but with a package like that they track ALL your usage meaning if you use PB or similar you will more than likely get a letter through the door telling you off! It will say in your t&c if your usage is monitored.
If not then the chance of being caught is almost nil... not that I condone anything like that :P

Uber Dave
12-07-11, 06:12 PM
Just one thing if people are thinking of using piratebay or similar, firstly it is illegal, but unless you are on somthing like BTs dirt cheap option can't remember the specifics of it but its like 10GB usage a month or somthing, but with a package like that they track ALL your usage meaning if you use PB or similar you will more than likely get a letter through the door telling you off! It will say in your t&c if your usage is monitored.
If not then the chance of being caught is almost nil... not that I condone anything like that :P

Bittorrent is a completely legit method of file sharing, a lot of companies use it to distrobute huge files. I download linux distros via BT as they are quicker than off the sites most the time!

As for the tracking, yes your ISP will know you are using BT but as for the files you are sending/recieving, they dont have a clue. What you need to do is block specific companies and sharers from seeing your IP address. I use Vuze for BT and there are plenty of public databases which block all the big corporations when you are downloading.

Back on topic though. I used spotify a while back, not touched it in a while, tend to buy most music I get now as its a lot cheaper than it used to be! And after one listen normally cant dont like most songs anyway.