PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had an endoscopy?

Squashed_Fly
07-07-11, 03:17 PM
Does it hurt?

Just been told I have to be referred for one - not particularly looking forward it, but not really sure what to expect either. Doctor wasn't too helpful, except to say that it's not very comfortable!

Nelly
07-07-11, 03:31 PM
Me...thankfully no !

NiteW4tcher
07-07-11, 03:38 PM
what is it?

Squashed_Fly
07-07-11, 03:41 PM
Good stuff!

It's a camera, either down the throat into the stomach, or up the bottom!

Thankfully mine is oral!

wiltshire builders
07-07-11, 03:57 PM
Good stuff!

Thankfully mine is oral!
I'd check how the camera was used previously if I were you! ;D

silly_simon
07-07-11, 04:06 PM
It is a very uncomfortable proceedure mate :( I had an oral endoscopy to assertain if I had an Ulcer in the stomach :o Which I have and am now on medication for it for an indetermined time :-/

I was given the option of being mildly sedated or awake, If awake you can drive there and home straight away and also get results there and then :) but after sedation you are NOT allowed to go until they say and someone else has to be with you for 24hrs and they forward result on to GP :o

You will feel like you want to throw up and wretch every two seconds until they stop pushing the camera down your throat :'( Then again when they pull it back out (Awake) Don't know what its like being half asleep as I didn't opt for the sedation ::)

If its any help I wouldn't have it done a bloody second time I can tell you :P specially after the pictures of the inside of my stomach that they kindly showed me after I had wiped all the tears from my eyes and stopped coughing. :-?

bobf279
07-07-11, 08:19 PM
Mine was a bladder check so I won't go into too much detail, it was uncomfortable but didn't hurt.

redken1
07-07-11, 08:24 PM
Good stuff!

Thankfully mine is oral!
I'd check how the camera was used previously if I were you! ;D

What a horrible thought WB :o

Ryan
07-07-11, 08:37 PM
Nasty dude, never had one so duno

Jon_W
08-07-11, 07:57 AM
Me...thankfully no !

;D ;D ;D

ChrisJo
08-07-11, 12:02 PM
Good stuff!

Thankfully mine is oral!

Up the bum = colonoscopy ;D

Ryan
08-07-11, 12:31 PM
Be alright if its up the bum SF is used to that ;)

Bondy
09-07-11, 12:38 AM
I had one..and I was sooo frightened..but they can give you a mild sedative..and five mins after you dont remember a thing..even though you are wide awake...so demand a sedative....and no probs its a breeze....... :)

Squashed_Fly
09-07-11, 06:02 AM
Be alright if its up the bum SF is used to that ;)

Yeah, but you don't come around so much these days Rinksy.... ;D

Bonnielass
09-07-11, 11:40 AM
Had an endoscopy last week, most unpleasant experience! Didn't go for the sedation, you do retch a lot!! Just keep telling yourself that it will be over soon!!

Morticia
09-07-11, 03:15 PM
I had it up my bum, they knocked me out, thank freak for that. I don't know how it feels as, luckily, I was out

470four
09-07-11, 03:18 PM
I had it up my bum, they knocked me out, thank freak for that. I don't know how it feels as, luckily, I was out

Donkey punch?? :D ;D :D

Ryan
11-07-11, 09:38 PM
Rekon i would get them to knock me out if i had to have that done :-?

Jon_W
12-07-11, 07:55 AM

Oh dear..... :o ;D ;D ;D

470four
12-07-11, 08:34 AM

Oh dear..... :o ;D ;D ;D

Its the way forward. :D

Squashed_Fly
14-07-11, 11:46 AM
Looks like I'll find out tomorrow....

Been summoned for my appt :(

Geordie Stu
14-07-11, 03:45 PM
Can be uncomfortable but an endoscopy simple procedure will allow your doctor to visually inspect your gastrointestinal tract. Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (also known as OGD) includes visualisation of the oesophagus (food pipe), stomach and duodenum (the first portion of the small bowel). Lower Gastrointestinal endoscopy is visualisation of the colon (large bowel).

redken1
14-07-11, 09:04 PM
Can be uncomfortable but an endoscopy simple procedure will allow your doctor to visually inspect your gastrointestinal tract. Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (also known as OGD) includes visualisation of the oesophagus (food pipe), stomach and duodenum (the first portion of the small bowel). Lower Gastrointestinal endoscopy is visualisation of the colon (large bowel).

You mean a photy o your guts Stu? ;D ;D ;D

Best wishes for tomorrow SF

Nokesy
15-07-11, 06:13 PM
Hope all goes well SF - will soon be over :)

Scaredy_Cat
15-07-11, 06:57 PM
How did it go? Hopefully not as unpleasant as it sounds. The only endoscopy I ever had was for my knee and that was fine.

Hope all's okay.

Squashed_Fly
15-07-11, 08:19 PM
Cheers guys.

All I can say, is I wouldn't wish that procedure on anyone!

Thankfully not too serious, they think. Might have to go back in few weeks for biopsies though if the medication doesn't clear up the problem.

I do wish now that I'd opted for the sedation though...

Geordie Stu
18-07-11, 05:34 PM
Might cure you of your SNORING...!!! zzzzZZZ ;D