18-07-11, 09:51 PM
Has anyone had any experience with these two phones

1) Sony Ericsson Xperia x8 on O2
2) ZTE RACER on 3 (Three)

any info good & bad greatly recieved :)

BTW either would be Pay & Go ::)

Rossio
19-07-11, 05:59 AM
the xperia is slow and didnt last long,but o2 is ok good free allowences for topping up, never had the other one butbi was on three once and never again! if you have a problem can you get someone to understand and help?can you fook!

Scotty
19-07-11, 06:56 AM
Three's network coverage is utter ****. They offer lots of enticements, but it doesn't alter the fact that half the time you'll get no signal...

crewy
19-07-11, 10:00 AM
A mate at work has the Xperia on O2, good phone but battery lasts little over a day without him using it, and he does fail to get the odd message

FJ_Biker
19-07-11, 11:05 AM
Do not use three,

Over a thousand reviews here
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews12640.html

It's not good reading

Two months into my three contract I had to take a phone contact out with another service provider

silly_simon
19-07-11, 03:43 PM
Cheers Guys

O2 it is then but a rethink of which phone ;)

pluggedinpete
19-07-11, 05:57 PM
HTC do a good phone, if you like touch screens

Uber Dave
19-07-11, 06:11 PM
If you want it for mobile data avoid O2 like the plague as their coverage is truely stone age. Recently moved to T-Mob after 6 years of O2 and honestly have NEVER looked back since!

pluggedinpete
19-07-11, 06:45 PM
crikey! T-mobile are pants for signal around Trowbridge!

KP
19-07-11, 07:01 PM
my o2 signal is really good, a lot better than vodaphone (ask the boss) ;) ;) ;)

Green Man
19-07-11, 07:06 PM
Never had a problem with 02 in 12 years :) :) :)

pluggedinpete
19-07-11, 07:13 PM
I've been with orange and am now with o2 and find o2 brilliant foor both phone signal and 3g... Am also with them for my parents home broadband and thats ace too....

(man... I'm gushing! lol)

CBRowner
20-07-11, 02:19 PM
There are better phones on the market now. The new LG 3D phone's awsome and so is the new psp phone thingy.

As for networks, I've tried them all since returning to the UK and I'm now with t-mobile. Their network's poor in some places but is better since their takeover of Orange. O2's good but pricey, 3 suck the fat one, Vodafone aren't too bad bit their phones have their logo on them so it makes resale pretty hard. Tesco Mobile are pretty good and cheap but they don't have many phones on offer.

It's all down to choice but I'm happy with t-mobile and I'm sticking with them even when overseas because they're world wide now :)

evansdn
20-07-11, 03:56 PM
Don't forget that 3g signal indoors is incredibly erratic.

If possible, go to all the main locations you plan on using your phone and see what the reception is like on each of the networks (could even be worth getting a few free sim cards on the different networks to check the signal strength if you can't get other people to check for you).

If you are a data monkey, then 3 do an all you can eat data package on PAYG, 30 day contracts, and pay monthly. PAYG is £20 a month, 30 day rolling is £25, and I can't remember what the monthly one is! Most other providers give 500MB-1,000MB(1GB) which you can burn through pretty quick if you are YouTubing it/streaming music/downloading apps.

I tend to stick to 30 day rolling contracts, as I move around a lot and wouldn't want to be stuck in a 12/24 month contract and have no signal at a new location. The 30 day contracts tend to be a bit better than PAYG for deals, but obviously not as good as the 12/24 month contracts, but the rolling ones give a lot more flexibility! :(

Keep an eye on the BBC news website as they are currently running a country wide survey about 'real' network coverage, not the 'predicted' coverage that network websites tend to give.

Oh, and get an iPhone, they rock! But don't forget the re-mortgage to pay for it... :P

bobf279
25-07-11, 08:44 PM
I have an iphone from work on Vodafone, nice toy, crap as a phone