PDA

View Full Version : 2nd hand bookshops

Squashed_Fly
18-07-11, 11:04 AM
Does anyone know of any good 2nd hand bookshops in Wiltshire. Quick google search didn't bring anything up that useful. We have (literally) hundreds of books around the house, that we want to sell, and just wondered what a bookshop would give us for them, before we go through the rigmoral of listing them all on ebay.

Might do them as a job lot on the bay if I can't find anywhere local, but some are expensive books etc that Jen used for her Uni courses so hoping to get a better price for some of them.

Jon_W
18-07-11, 03:49 PM
You can sell via play.com

Squashed_Fly
18-07-11, 04:27 PM
Might do, but with about 1000 books, it'll take forever to list them all. Was hoping for a quicker, job lot sale.

Ebay is going for around £100 for job lots, so will take out the valuable ones to list seperately, and do the rest as a job

Hazel-nut
18-07-11, 06:54 PM
have you tried amazon? the uni books might go well on there, dont know how much it is to list though

Nooj
18-07-11, 11:29 PM
Charity shops will have them. Or what about donating them to hospital libraries?

Squashed_Fly
19-07-11, 06:37 AM
We want the money for them Nooj - trying to get rid of a load of stuff at the moment to free up some space and earn some extra pennies.

We do give away all our older clothes to the Hospice charity shop by us, but we'd like to get something back for the books.

wiggy
25-07-11, 06:36 PM
amazon most shops wont take books or will give you next to nothing for them , i put mine on amazon and sold 45% rest will get skipped if not sold at a car booty .

Beamer
25-07-11, 07:28 PM
The Book Barn somewhere in Somerset....cant remember where lol....google it 'cos it a fab place....a whole barn full of all the books you can imagine and they sell them for people (but they take a cut of what you make i think...not much tho)
Theres a cafe there...comfy chairs etc ...i love the place.......rows n rows n rows of books....heaven :) :) :) :)

Dabz
25-07-11, 08:35 PM
Always wanted to go there, driven past many times but never been in :(

Beamer
26-07-11, 01:54 PM
Always wanted to go there, driven past many times but never been in :(

you should go James...its brill.

I went with Kev and Connor.....so didnt have time to really investigate the place but I probably would have been in there for days rooting through all the shelves hehe.
Best second hand book place Ive been to (except for a really old book shop that was in Old Town in Swindon years ago but its gone now :-[)

Rossio
27-07-11, 10:20 PM
i noticed tonight that there is a bookshop in lechlade, looks mostly secondhand in there maybe worth a visit