PDA

View Full Version : London info ?

Col
22-07-11, 07:23 PM
Yo Folks,

OK bit of a numpty question if you know but I have to get a pillion to the American Embassy very early morning soon.

So have looked at Google maps and it seems there is no M4 junct 2 as such but it looks like there is an earlier exit onto the A4 which appears to run alongside the Mway to a roundabout where I'd take the A315 to Goldhawk Rd [A402] leading to A40 to Oxford St. then hanger right to Embassy in Grosvenor Square...

...is this right :-? no Congestion Charge for bikes apparently ?

Cheers

FJ_Biker
22-07-11, 08:07 PM
Try the train http://www.thetrainline.com if its a weekend you might be pleasantly surprised by a cheap fair.

If I was going on the bike I would go M4 A4 and turn left at Hyde Park corner, yep bikes are free from the congestion charge and there is bike parking at Grosvenor Square

redken1
22-07-11, 08:29 PM
Yo Folks,

OK bit of a numpty question if you know but I have to get a pillion to the American Embassy very early morning soon.

So have looked at Google maps and it seems there is no M4 junct 2 as such but it looks like there is an earlier exit onto the A4 which appears to run alongside the Mway to a roundabout where I'd take the A315 to Goldhawk Rd [A402] leading to A40 to Oxford St. then hanger right to Embassy in Grosvenor Square...

...is this right :-? no Congestion Charge for bikes apparently ?

Cheers

It can't be Bin Laden cos they already got him - It's not Rupert Murdoch is it Col? ;)

NoYou
22-07-11, 08:55 PM
Not sure about the route but there isn't any congestion charge for bikes

jaagsxr
22-07-11, 11:08 PM
yer you could do that route but you can also go all the way up the a4 and hang a left in to park lane the a right off park lane just passed the bmw showroom ??
good luck :)

Col
23-07-11, 12:05 AM

Good to know about parking FJ yeah and looking at it now your way seems the best -Thanks FJ and Jaa :) I wasn't sure of the best route because there appears to be several.

The train ain't on the plan FJ as it's important to meet the time and it's on a Monday...assuming Ole 'Birdy don't go ping ;D

No Ken it ain't Murdoch--he's flown the coup after pleading ignorance ;). It's an important visa application at somat like 07.45 for PillionBitch 2 and her inter continental trips ----nowt uber glam redtop headlines ;D

Thanks again :)

Sapphire
26-07-11, 07:40 AM
If you need to know any more information on the visa procedure just ask, its been my job for the last 20 years and i'm at the EMbassy once a week! I know all the staff there!

Col
28-07-11, 09:55 AM
Ta Saph---all in order. Why do they start at somat like 07.30 hrs ??

Sapphire
28-07-11, 10:18 AM
people start queuing from 7am and its first come first served no matter what the appointment time. I'm there Tuesday morning 2nd Aug next, when are you going?

Col
29-07-11, 02:12 AM
Monday 1st so won't see ya -- :-? even if appointment is for 07.45 we could appear earlier to get the visa ? -that is useful to know in case we get there early :)

Sapphire
29-07-11, 11:28 AM
yes, use the bike bay in Grosvenor square if going by bike.

You can get ther at 0630 and queue up and still wont be turned away... but I'd say 7am is best...then you should be out of there before 9am. Parking charges start at 8.30am though.

Don't forget that phones, key fobs, memory sticks, headphones, or any other electronic devices of any kind are not allowed in the Embassy even if switched off.

I'll send you my number so if you run into any difficulties (even with the paperwork) just let me know.

Nooj
02-08-11, 10:46 PM
Need anything taking to Paris?? :)

Col
03-08-11, 02:02 PM
;D Mission accomplished----

-----Jeeeeeeeeeezus what a dump , How anybody could endure that mayhem is beyond me [guess cash is king], nose to tail traffic so could filter but even PillionBitch 2 was holding her breath with some of the manoeuvres :o
Ole Birdy was magnificent even though it must've been nearly 30 deg 8-) cos blooming melting in leathers.