PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a job!

NoYou
01-08-11, 10:37 PM
Well had an interview last week with Naim audio, sure some people on here will have heard of them, they're a world renown company who make really high spec audio systems. A full top of the range system can cost anything OVER £100k and no I'm not exaggerating!
They got back to me today and i start on the 15th with a 3 month probationary period and then, assuming i don't cock up too badly, i'll be sorted for quite some time!
But i do now have £40 to last me 3 weeks :-? this could be interesting!

Rabb
01-08-11, 10:46 PM
Well done G3o.
I used to sell Hi-Fi at this level and Naim has always been quality kit.
Enjoy the new job - be passionate about the job and it will show!
Rabb.

Rossio
02-08-11, 05:36 AM
il lend u a fiver :D

Roxy
02-08-11, 07:49 AM
Congratulations G, well done! I'll shout you a beer on Saturday if you can make it [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Roxy x

Jon_W
02-08-11, 07:53 AM
Well done!!! 8-)

Nelly
02-08-11, 08:04 AM
Well done fella [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kevinb
02-08-11, 08:41 AM
Well done on getting a job these days. I did the same back in November last year and love it.
If you manage to get any 99% off discount vouchers give us a shout ;D

jonnydangerous
02-08-11, 11:05 AM
you can buy a "priller" powervalve blade each week now then!...
well done :-)

Gaz
02-08-11, 11:22 AM
Great news, well done.

Sean.C
02-08-11, 05:40 PM
Well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
02-08-11, 06:53 PM
Good to get a job in these tough times... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
02-08-11, 08:07 PM
Sell one to green man he loves his sound systems ..............................and young men ;D

@bj
02-08-11, 09:10 PM
Congrats... really - well done...

1. Go see your bank manager - wave the job offer letter in his face - he/she should give you an overdraft facility to tide you over 'til payday... (make sure you've carefully worked out how much you need before going - and can account for it... they will ask - and having an answer will impress.)

2. Save hard - flog the 2 stroke - get a 4 stroke.

3. I won't bitch about driving behind you...

wiggy
02-08-11, 09:15 PM
Well done hard to get work these days . ;)

Nooj
02-08-11, 09:54 PM
My first 'proper' job was with Naim Audio back in 1996 (were you even born then ;) ). Used to be a very good place to work, no idea what they're like now, I imaging it's all different people there now.

I was inspecting the PCB's, sometimes building them, occasionally matching pairs of transistors (the most tedious job in the universe). Always wanted to work in the speaker department though. Met my previous serious bird there as well, her Uncle runs (or ran) the US side of the company in Chicago.

NoYou
02-08-11, 11:19 PM
My first 'proper' job was with Naim Audio back in 1996 (were you even born then ;) ). Used to be a very good place to work, no idea what they're like now, I imaging it's all different people there now.

I was inspecting the PCB's, sometimes building them, occasionally matching pairs of transistors (the most tedious job in the universe). Always wanted to work in the speaker department though. Met my previous serious bird there as well, her Uncle runs (or ran) the US side of the company in Chicago.
hehe i would have been 4 then :D :D there are a few people there who have been there about 30 years so at least a few will be the same people, not 100% sure if i'll be working in wiring or making up the PCB's, they tried me out on both, its mostly still done by hand! Either way I'm planning on enjoy the security of a permanent job, not knowing if you'll be working from one week to the next is one hell of a stressful way to live!

NoYou
02-08-11, 11:22 PM
Congrats... really - well done...

1. Go see your bank manager - wave the job offer letter in his face - he/she should give you an overdraft facility to tide you over 'til payday... (make sure you've carefully worked out how much you need before going - and can account for it... they will ask - and having an answer will impress.)

2. Save hard - flog the 2 stroke - get a 4 stroke.

3. I won't bitch about driving behind you...

Won't be selling the 2 smoke for quite a while yet I'm afraid! i'd rather spend all my money on the bike that lining the conmens insurance companies pockets! I'll just have to make it go fast enough so you won't catch it! ;D

Harry87
03-08-11, 06:05 PM
Good news! Now you can afford to drink water from glass bottles!

Ryan
03-08-11, 06:09 PM
Congrats, id be lost without music ;)

NoYou
03-08-11, 09:34 PM
Good news! Now you can afford to drink water from glass bottles!
rofl xD i don't know about that! just because ive got a job doesn't mean I'm not still a tightass!

BB
03-08-11, 10:20 PM
Well done good luck with the probationary 8-)

BB

Nooj
03-08-11, 11:00 PM
not knowing if you'll be working from one week to the next is one hell of a stressful way to live!

Don't bother going self employed then :)
Be interesting to hear who's still there. Julian, the guy who started it all, died a couple of years after I left. I think Mike Moore was running the show after that, but he's possibly retired now. I know they bought in a time and motion bloke soon after that which pissed a lot of people off. That was about 10-12 years ago though.

mcicy
03-08-11, 11:50 PM
Well done on the job

Squashed_Fly
04-08-11, 01:40 PM

Lol, that may have worked about 20 years ago! Not anymore since the Basel programme rules came in about 10 years ago. And even worse since the recession hit.

Well done on the job though mate - it's easy to make £40 last 3 weeks - no beer & Asda smartprice are your friends! ;D

wi77y
05-08-11, 03:59 PM
Well done Geroge.

I no how ya feel still on agencie work myself, just got wait few more months till i hit 25 then at last someone will give me a drving job :)