PDA

View Full Version : Can you belive it?

AndytheCat
09-08-11, 11:54 PM
A cambelt kit for an Audi A6 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro is £350.

No relation to anything or anyone on here, just had to share that. :o

Jon_W
10-08-11, 07:58 AM
Yes!!! Is about £120 for the A2....

470four
10-08-11, 09:46 AM
A cambelt kit for an Audi A6 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro is £350.

No relation to anything or anyone on here, just had to share that. :o

About the same as your weekly petrol bill then? :D

Squashed_Fly
10-08-11, 09:52 AM
If you can afford to buy & run an Audi A6 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro, then you don't need to worry about how much the cam belt costs! lol

If it was that much for a for a Ka, then I would understand the shock!

AndytheCat
10-08-11, 05:49 PM
Oh its not my car!

I was thinking of buying it with a clutch gone, but its also due a cam belt!

I drive an old Discovery v8. Cheap as chips to keep on the road in parts but oh **** does it like fuel. lol

I was thinking buy the diesel audi cheap and sell the disco! Hmm mabye not! ;D

Mark_Able
10-08-11, 09:10 PM
So you want to save money by buying a diesel? Why would anyone tight enough to buy a diesel want to spend that much dosh maintaining it? Don't make sense to me... :P

Moo
10-08-11, 10:19 PM
If you can afford to buy & run an Audi A6 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro, then you don't need to worry about how much the cam belt costs! lol

If it was that much for a for a Ka, then I would understand the shock!

It would be a major shock because the Ka (at least the older ones anyway) doesn't even have one, its a pushrod engine directly descended from the Ford Anglia :-)

AndytheCat
10-08-11, 10:37 PM
Ha that explains why my uncles 2003 Ka sounds like a mk1 fiesta 1.1!!

Ive given up on the Audi Mark, your right. The money saved in fuel would pay for the parts! (And anyway Audi drivers get a bad press)

I have since decided to look at the subaru impreza estate 2000 turbo.

The mission continues.....................

Squashed_Fly
11-08-11, 09:21 AM
Andy - I looked at one of those as my neighbour was selling one his (he's got about 5 imprezas!).

Insurance quotes anything from £1000 to £5000. Most in the upper bracket. I asked why so high - imprezas & skylines are the 2 singlemost expensive cars to insure on the road due to the fact statistically, they have more accidents by a long way, than any other vehicle. I could insure a TT or a porsche for less.....

Just something to consider if cash is an issue. Mines slightly higher than most as my no claims is low due to being on company car policies for so long though (only 1 year on my own vehicle) so you may well have more luck!

Mark_Able
11-08-11, 08:07 PM
Ha that explains why my uncles 2003 Ka sounds like a mk1 fiesta 1.1!!

Ive given up on the Audi Mark, your right. The money saved in fuel would pay for the parts! (And anyway Audi drivers get a bad press)

I have since decided to look at the subaru impreza estate 2000 turbo.

The mission continues.....................

Had two Impreza Wagons, and they're great. Had one fitted with a ProDrive Performance Pack. It went like stink, and embarrassed a few Porsche owners. Bloody expensive to insure though. Try a 3.0litre Legacy. Just as quick, but don't attract the knob-end fraternity=cheaper to insure. The 3.0litre flat 6 is super smooth too... [smiley=happy.gif]

NiteW4tcher
12-08-11, 06:21 PM
mmmmmmm mitsi galant VR4 2.5 twin turbo 4x4 AYC TC emabbressed a few "fast cars" i miss mine very much :(

Rabb
12-08-11, 11:15 PM
I couldn't believe that a speed sensor for a gixxer 600 was £92:00!!!!

Nooj
13-08-11, 12:11 AM
mmmmmmm mitsi galant VR4 2.5 twin turbo 4x4 AYC TC emabbressed a few "fast cars" i miss mine very much :(

Very highly rated car, as it the Jap import Legnum VR4 if you want the estate version (make sure it's had the under seal done properly, some imports had none - no salt on Japanese roads).