PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here into Electronics (Capacitors etc)

AndytheCat
11-08-11, 06:19 PM
Hi all,

I am in the process of fixing our washing machine. On the main PCB it had a capacitor gone.

I ordered another (not really knowing much about electronics) of the same values and rating. BUT when i got home to day to solder it in, it was a lot smaller than the previous.

I havent plugged the machine in as im sure the physical size of the capacitor must have some outlay on its storage capability?

Anyone have any ideas??

FJ_Biker
11-08-11, 08:36 PM
Andy I spent about 4 years on the bench repairing electronic equipment so have a good knowledge of electronic components, I will PM you my mobile and offer some advice if you wish, off up the pub in a few minutes so will check the WB site tomorrow morning

Taff

Jon_W
12-08-11, 07:53 AM
Sounds like you got a different type of capacitor. That will have a beaing on it's performance.

jonnydangerous
12-08-11, 03:38 PM
check the voltage raiting on the side, this is about the only thing that would dictate the size of the capacitor if its the same uF rating....

AndytheCat
19-08-11, 08:54 AM
Cheers for the replys guys!

Sorry Taffy i forgot i posted this! ::)

In the end i just soldiered it in stood well back and flicked the spur to................ON.

No probs, works fine. Been working fine since this post so im very happy with my free (£2 repair) washing machine!