PDA

View Full Version : Rabies vaccine

Jacde
22-08-11, 03:54 PM
Afternoon folks

I'm trying to get my last vaccine in readiness for the charity cycle ride in Kenya.
I've got a private script for it but it seems no one can get it, I've tried Boots, Tesco and Asda as well as some independent chemists here in Swindon.

Wondering if anyone might have had the vaccine recently or might have contacts that could help, as I say have the prescription for it.

Thanks in advance :)

jonnydangerous
22-08-11, 03:58 PM
theres an excellent private vacination place down here in Winchester, called:-
winchester travel health.
32a staple gardens
01962 856646
(its a bit hard to find being up a side street (so23 8sr) but if you pick me up in my lunch hour i can show you where it is (you have to walk past the MCDONALDS.....hint! hahaha)...

bit of a long way from swindon, but maybe worth the trip if youre desperate?
we use them for work, and theyre a really good practice.

hope that helps.

jd :)

Jacde
22-08-11, 04:01 PM
If they have I need it ;D

And it will only cost a McD's? Cheap [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Calling them now, cheers chuck.

jonnydangerous
22-08-11, 04:04 PM
can you not go to tescos, buy some shaving foam, squirt some in your mouth outside A+E, stumble in and say a dogs just bitten you????.....
youll get the rabies shot for free! woohoo! :-)..

cheaper than a McD's and about a hundred mile round trip!!!

Jacde
22-08-11, 04:13 PM
;D ;D
Err I could but I think they're more likey to put me down as there is a problem with getting the vaccine.

Place in Winchester has it just got to sort out shift pattern and timings of jabs (eek! I need 3!) :(

jonnydangerous
22-08-11, 04:24 PM
timings of jabs has to be between 1pm and 2pm.... my lunch hour.....where il be hungry.......hint........hahaha :-)
il also have a look as i might need a Hep B booster about now too....

glad to help.

Jd :-)

Jacde
22-08-11, 04:30 PM
Hahaha ;D I meant dates not actual timings, but could always throw a curly sandwich from a service station that I've picked up on my way down through your office window if that's any help??

Having my Hep B at the mo, I'll be like a pin cushion by the time I go in October.

Looks like Winchester as they're cheaper for each jab than one other place in London that has the vaccine in stock.

Jacde
22-08-11, 04:50 PM
First jab booked, thanks for putting me onto them chuck :)