PDA

View Full Version : I hate IE9 and HSBC's New security thing

AndytheCat
25-08-11, 01:06 PM
FFS, IE9 is ****. Not much more i can say!

And HSBC with their new security keyfob thing. Now i cant log in from work or anywhere else with out carrying that fob about.
So if i take it to work and leave it there or lose it im f**ked. The old system was secure, I never had any probs.

I pay my rent manually from work on the first of the month. Now i have to remember to bring the gay little fob to work or i have to use telephone banking (And oh **** dont get me started on that)

Rant over! Cheers for listening you have been wonderful.

Snowy
25-08-11, 01:09 PM
FFS, IE9 is ****. Not much more i can say!

And HSBC with their new security keyfob thing. Now i cant log in from work or anywhere else with out carrying that fob about.
So if i take it to work and leave it there or lose it im f**ked. The old system was secure, I never had any probs.

I pay my rent manually from work on the first of the month. Now i have to remember to bring the gay little fob to work or i have to use telephone banking (And oh **** dont get me started on that)

Rant over! Cheers for listening you have been wonderful.

Can you set up a Direct Debit instead?

AndytheCat
25-08-11, 01:15 PM
Well i was going to use standing order, but sometimes im paid via chq.

If the s/o defaults i get charged.

So i tend to juggle a bit depending on the month!! :)

Blackandchrome
25-08-11, 01:21 PM
I ride a unicycle; but only on Sundays.
Maybe that is why I got one of them keyfob thingmyjigs as well? ;)

Rossio
25-08-11, 05:44 PM
barclays have had the pin sentry for ages.....i used to think it was a pain in the arse but now im used to it its bloody great,

BB
25-08-11, 06:28 PM
Nationwide have used it for ages, I only ever use it at home as my work location is a little on view! ::)

BB

BB
25-08-11, 06:28 PM
Would they let you have another one if you asked?

BB

redken1
25-08-11, 06:44 PM
Ye I used mine for the first time last night. I only bank from home but, I can see the hastle if you want to use internet banking elsewhere

Loops
26-08-11, 07:13 PM
It's such a pain! The point of internet banking to me is that all the details are in my head, and if I'm away in Deepest Darkest Peru and need some money, I can transfer some over from another account with just a computer!

Except now I can't, because I have to carry a little machine and my card with me...... ::)

Davehsw
26-08-11, 08:24 PM
I agree. The security was all memorised and that was secure!!

Bonnielass
26-08-11, 08:34 PM
That's nothing!! I have a business account and if I forget my password I have to reset it and have it ok'd manually by the bank, that is a real pain in the rectum!! >:(

Col
28-08-11, 07:38 AM
I ain't allowed near money so me house staff says :(

Uber Dave
29-08-11, 01:13 PM
It's such a pain! The point of internet banking to me is that all the details are in my head, and if I'm away in Deepest Darkest Peru and need some money, I can transfer some over from another account with just a computer!

Except now I can't, because I have to carry a little machine and my card with me...... ::)

+1

According to the paperwork which came with the stupid thing its designed to fit in my wallet...... yeah right!