PDA

View Full Version : Shark week on Nat Geo

Squashed_Fly
30-08-11, 11:06 PM
Started watching this tonight. Really interesting documentary.

It's long been one of my ambitions (and probably the wish of many I've met...) to swim with Great White sharks in one of their main hunting grounds at Seal Island (S.A). I've had a couple of shark diving experiences which have been awesome, but nothing could compare to diving cageless with natures ultimate apex predator.

The guy on this doc, not only free swam with 3 different species of shark, including whites, but went back in and did it again overnight with them to prove that even when in 'hunt mode', they still wouldn't attack humans without good reason. Incredible footage if you get chance to watch it - it's just started again now...

@bj
31-08-11, 02:39 PM
Swim with Great Whites without a cage...

Nah...

I'll come and photograph you doing it though (from the boat of course) as long as you don't mind me posting the pics whatever happens... :)

@bj
31-08-11, 03:47 PM
...and you could change your name to Chewed_Fly... ;D

Rossio
03-09-11, 06:23 AM
roumer has it the 'great white' is back in cornish waters......usually once a year at tourist time... give carl bennet a call he will take you out to find it, or at least a porbeagle :) caught and landed one of them dont you know!149lb he was, made the ol ticker go when he caught hold,you can keep ur great white dont think iv got a rod with enough test curve to come on an expedition with you :)

redken1
04-09-11, 01:59 AM
Free swimming with the Great White Shark in its natural hunting environment? :o

I trust you will be wearing the appropriate protective clothing?
:P

Toph
04-09-11, 08:30 AM
I would much prefer to HAVE lunch than BE lunch!!
;D ;D

NiteW4tcher
04-09-11, 10:42 AM
...and you could change your name to Chewed_Fly... ;D

;D