PDA

View Full Version : Best dunking biscuit and reason why

Jacde
15-09-11, 05:40 PM
Ok on my days off I make up for just drinking water at work (manky Klix vending machine! :( ) by drinking copious amounts of tea.
For a treat I'll buy a pack of biscuits and last night while dunking gingernuts I wondered what the WB'er preference was for dunking?
Me, gingernuts are tops, why? because they can take a good dunking, hold their shape and are lovely and chewy :)
My second choice are Malted Milks, just because! ;D tho they can't stand up to a good dunking.

cornishbob
15-09-11, 05:54 PM
dunno what they're called but the indian biccys that tesco sell. they're in a bag and yellow
i think they're made from that chic pea flour. absolutely scrummy

Scotty
15-09-11, 06:10 PM
A problem with Ginger Nuts is that they can become deceptively soft and the wet bit falls off into your tea (or your lap!) ::)

You omitted Hob-Nobs! :o

wiltshire builders
15-09-11, 06:12 PM
Custard creams. They remind me of going to my grans when I was little and I used to dunk them in my orange squash (I know that's disgusting but i didn't know any better, I was a kid)

In tea you have to time the dunk just right. The biscuit should be soft but not mushy and the cream filling just starting to melt. About 2 seconds should do it.

Jacde
15-09-11, 06:18 PM
Not keen on hob nobs :( custard creams were lucky to make the poll tbh!!
If I can add hob nobs I will but if not they'll still be counted :)

There you go Scotty added Hob nobs as I know Nooj likes them too

Last Train
15-09-11, 06:23 PM
No Oreo's ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DS3nd8Nrcw

Maria
15-09-11, 06:23 PM
Mine has to be short bread,but you gabby got it as a option,um

Jacde
15-09-11, 06:29 PM
No Oreo's ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DS3nd8Nrcw

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D and breath!

Jacde
15-09-11, 06:36 PM
Oreo's (eeeeewwwwww!! don't they turn your poo black???) and shortbread added.
Not adding any more tho!!!
(unless I really like them!!) :P

Rabb
15-09-11, 06:48 PM
Ginger biscuits or milk choc digestive are my faves!

Jon_W
16-09-11, 10:32 AM
Rich Tea!!!! Lovely.

Oreo's are second, but don't dunk very well i find. Digestivee are better in coffee.

Blackandchrome
16-09-11, 12:35 PM
I tried dunkin my gingernuts.......... :o
Think I shall have to add more milk next time :-/

lolliver
16-09-11, 12:38 PM
It's got to be gingernuts and black coffee, every time!

Bonnielass
16-09-11, 12:49 PM
For me Ginger Nuts! :)

But.. Have you tried a Penguin (the chocolate sort!)?

Bite off diagonal corners, dunk in tea and suck tea through the hole until you get the tea, quickly turn over and bite, I could use one word but as I'm a lady I'll just say scrummy! (Scrummy doesn't really sum it up though!).

I think you may be putting this on your list!!

NoYou
16-09-11, 01:15 PM
Torn between gingernut and shortbread... but I think gingernut has to win

virginie_morisot
16-09-11, 01:55 PM
voted for dark choc digestives.. :P

JohnS
16-09-11, 02:17 PM
McVities Milk choc digestives are the best ever (but not for dunking)!

Does anyone remember "Nice" biscuits? Are they still around? If so they are good for dunking!

Jacde
16-09-11, 02:23 PM

Bite off diagonal corners, dunk in tea and suck tea through the hole until you get the tea, quickly turn over and bite, I could use one word but as I'm a lady I'll just say scrummy! (Scrummy doesn't really sum it up though!).

Sorry Rosie, I don't like Penguins :-/ however have you tried doing the same with a KitKat?? Just nibble each end off and then suck tea through........ mmmmmmm ;D I think I know which word you were going to use!

NoYou
16-09-11, 04:51 PM

Sorry Rosie, I don't like Penguins :-/ however have you tried doing the same with a KitKat?? Just nibble each end off and then suck tea through........ mmmmmmm ;D I think I know which word you were going to use!

Same things works with chocolate fingers :D

JohnS
19-09-11, 09:09 PM

Same things works with chocolate fingers :D

Straws are good as well! Same affect but less messy!

Jacde
19-09-11, 09:21 PM
Maybe but surely the mess is what's it's all about :D

Beamer
19-09-11, 09:22 PM
Jammy dodgers are good for dunking
Just dunk the biscuity bit, nibble round the edge,dunking and nibbling until all thats left is the jammy bit.....yummy ;) ;)

Yup, I make the most of a jammy dodger hehe

PSSSSD
20-09-11, 02:29 PM
I finally dunked for Rich Tea, but Malted Milk missed marginally by a mere modicum.

:D