PDA

View Full Version : Unseasonally Great Weather!

BladeTriple
30-09-11, 09:31 AM
Is anyone else taking full advantage of being able to ride to work instead of in the cage for this time of year? I found myself on the road this morning with my draggin jeans and summer leather jacket on , along with my summer gloves and thought this is bloody brilliant!!!.

Only a few weeks ago I was getting up and wrapping up snugly just to get t the course in Amesbury in August , so chilly were the mornings...

I know it's not going to last beyond the weekend , but isn't it lovely out there? The only issue is it takes twice as long to get home after work because I end up taking the scenic routes ! 8-) :)

Jon_W
30-09-11, 10:25 AM
Would ride to work irrespective of the weather.... alway better on the bike! ...but it is FAR better when the sun is shining!!!

Still chilly in the morning though.

BladeTriple
30-09-11, 10:41 AM
Most mornings I have too much crap to carry with me Jon, laptops, lesson plans, sports kit as well as the uniform , so Fridays and Wednesdays are the only real days I get to use the bike sadly , theres just not the storage capacity on the SP3 for much else and I'm not fitting a top box :D

Jon_W
30-09-11, 10:45 AM
Panniers are the way foward.... ;)

wiltsdan
30-09-11, 11:43 AM
Day off work today so will be on the bike, Got loads of apples to squash so no all day :)

Snowy
30-09-11, 12:18 PM
It takes me longer to get kitted up than it takes to jump in the car and drive to work. The engine on either bike would'nt even get to operating temperature by the time I got there which is not good for any engine. However, a commute of less than 10 minutes is great!

Snowy
30-09-11, 12:20 PM

I would pay good money for a picture of Hizzy on an SP3 with panniers ;D ;D

Jon_W
30-09-11, 12:27 PM

I would pay good money for a picture of Hizzy on an SP3 with panniers ;D ;D

;D ;D