PDA

View Full Version : British media

wiltshire builders
04-10-11, 07:32 AM
http://www.malcolmcoles.co.uk/blog/daily-mail-guuilt/ Something has got to be done about this kind of journalism. Pre writing stories? These people are scum. >:(

cornishbob
04-10-11, 01:02 PM
thats the right wing press for you

redken1
04-10-11, 07:42 PM
Many years ago I bought fish n chips from my local chipper. The young girl who served me thought I was mad when I asker her to wrap it up in a different newspaper (banned now of course). Guess what paper it was? lol ;D

cornishbob
04-10-11, 09:28 PM
western morning news?

redken1
04-10-11, 09:54 PM
No it was the mail. I worded that wrong I meant chippers can't use newspaper to wrap chips cos outlawed some years ago.

cornishbob
04-10-11, 09:57 PM
posh chippie was it? the mail - oh! so middle class

redken1
04-10-11, 09:59 PM
posh chippie was it? the mail - oh! so middle class

Would rub me up the wrong way that's why I wouldn't use it to wipe me you know what. lol ;D

cornishbob
04-10-11, 10:04 PM
yeah! might leave a nasty ink smear though it'd be sumething to read later

Col
04-10-11, 10:12 PM
Appears to have been 'Fail' for several journos---good hand out some P45s :)

on the subject---strange case this and the Kercher family seem back at the beginning plus the possibility of a prosecution appeal against the verdict in a few months.

wiltshire builders
04-10-11, 10:15 PM
I think we'd be a bit niave to think it was just the mail or even the right wing press.

Lets not forget that it was the Mirror who printed the fake pictures of Iraqis being tortured by British troops.
It wasn't that long ago that they were "Baby killers" and fighting an "illegal war" and now they're "our boys" and "heros"

The press has become a new form of entertainment, sensationalising everything instead of doing their job of reporting the facts.

Who's to blame? The public for buying and believing this sh*t. Forget chip wrappers, I wouldn't use it as bog roll!

cornishbob
05-10-11, 07:16 AM
newspapers write what readers want to read. i would hardly call 'the mirror' anything but right wing.they and 'the sun' and papers of that ilk cater for the mass dross in this land that are incapable of making up their own minds.shepherds and sheep