PDA

View Full Version : Apple

Squashed_Fly
05-10-11, 10:03 AM
Well, after months of waiting to see cool new stuff the Iphone 5 will have, and to see if it can tempt me back to an Iphone after switching to the HTC, I'm glad I didn't sit up waiting to hear the announcement!

What a let down. No Iphone 5 at all after all the hype! All they are doing is essentially the Iphone 4 but with high quality speech recognition. How many people actually use this feature anyway?

I'll be sticking with the droid platform methinks for a while longer yet. Apple fans will always go on about how they have the best handset, and vice versa. I like them both. I've had both, but I'll be sticking with my HTC I think. Just as good as the iphone in almost every way, but I don't have to corrupt jailbreak the operating system to get it to do what I want. And I don't have to have Itunes to do anything as well.

jonnydangerous
05-10-11, 10:51 AM
i was sat in a pub with a right sad muppet last night, he was watching the live updates from Apple.....and got in a right state when they announced that "no 5 this time".......

Apple are taking the pi55 out of their loyal supporters....AGAIN!!!.... and as for the sad apple muppets who thought it was AMAZING that apple now made a phone in WHITE!!!!!!.......... do you really think were that stupid????.......

oh, by the way, i think my Sony Ericsson is fantastic ;-)

Maz
05-10-11, 12:23 PM
I know! Shocking to be honest I have the Iphone 4 and I can think of much better mobiles!

I like the phone but it does have problems...

My contract ends next August so I hope something comes out then...

Otherwise I am switching as, my Iphone I am sick of up-dating it and the fact you can only plug it into 5 PCs and when it freezes you cannot take the battery out! I hang people up as I accidently press the end button...

But the graphics are good...

x

BladeTriple
05-10-11, 12:32 PM
I may have to hang on to my Iphone 3GS for another year until the 5 is released . To be honest I have that many Apps that I don't want to just let go of and switch to an android phone.... I love the 3GS anyway so its not a major 'MUST HAVE A NEW PHONE' issue for me .

It does everything I need it to and more so I can hang on another 12 months regardless :)

Still a bit let down that the upgrade isn't much of one >:(

Dabz
05-10-11, 04:20 PM
sorry, you guys are in a piss because a company didn't create a product you wanted? do you sit moaning at Microsoft for not bringing out Windows 8 yet? Or shall we moan at suzuki for bringing out this year's gsxr this year but not next year's? because that's the equivalent of what you guys are saying...

The 4S is 7x faster than the 4, 8mp camera with much better shutter speed and clarity, built in intuitive voice commands, 1080p video recording, plus IOD5 which introduces iCloud

Don't really see why Apple launching a new, better, handset should be moaned about?

R6_Don
05-10-11, 04:56 PM
Im happy with the upgrade really, The i phone 4 is the nuts and its better than that so good enough for me. If they had painted it another colour and called it the iphone 5 no one would be moaning and would be queing up to get one. Is only because it has been named the 4s that makes people think its the same phone.

Mikkie1986
05-10-11, 04:57 PM
I agree with ..... Dabs!

;D

Nico_babe
05-10-11, 05:18 PM
I think your all a bit weird talking about it LOL LOL LOL

BB
06-10-11, 07:34 AM

Me too ;D but them I'm still struggling with our replacement landline handset! :-[

BB

Squashed_Fly
06-10-11, 02:29 PM

Me too ;D but them I'm still struggling with our replacement landline handset! :-[

BB

It's easy BB - you just pull the string tight and put the cup to your ear to listen, and to your mouth to talk. The person at the other end of the string does the opposite to you! ;D

wiltshire builders
06-10-11, 04:49 PM
NERDS!

Ryan
06-10-11, 07:11 PM
Pissed off... ***k apple, im moving to a galaxy S2

RIP Steve Jobs though, a legend.

Squashed_Fly
06-10-11, 08:29 PM
im moving to a galaxy S2

Let me know what that's like. I love my HTC but the battery life is pants :(

Ryan
06-10-11, 08:37 PM
Its meant to be the best thing since sliced bread

DaytonaDog
08-10-11, 06:47 PM
Its a phone!!!!

redken1
08-10-11, 07:11 PM
Its a phone!!!!

You are more up to speed than me Chris - I thought it was a fruit ::) ;D ;)

Rabb
08-10-11, 07:45 PM
I will stick with my iPhone 3G (not the S version)

It has opened work docs that I thought it would have no hope of opening let alone being able to use them! I am a gadget fan however I must say that the iPhone is the best gadget I have EVER owned (does everything and more.....)
Rest in peace Steve Jobs - a legend in his own lifetime!

Dabz
08-10-11, 07:57 PM
The iPod, iPhone and iPad and 3 devices that I couldn't live without

Maria
08-10-11, 08:13 PM
Agree with dabz on that,I have all three,and there's no way I would be without mine,especially my ipad

@bj
08-10-11, 09:08 PM
Wonder if Steve Jobs is floating on an iCloud...

Toph
08-10-11, 09:49 PM
I feel like a dinosaur. ;D
I've never owned, or wanted all three, I use one of my daughter's hand-me-down phones, It's probably 10 years old, only touch it once or twice a week, modern technology has passed me by!! He He!
I still use my trusty VCR to record TV programmes!! :)

Rabb
08-10-11, 09:59 PM
I feel like a dinosaur. ;D
I've never owned, or wanted all three, I use one of my daughter's hand-me-down phones, It's probably 10 years old, only touch it once or twice a week, modern technology has passed me by!! He He!
I still use my trusty VCR to record TV programmes!! :)

If it works and you're happy with it - then that's all that matters!

Toph
08-10-11, 10:01 PM
Hang on.... I had an i test in specsavers.... does that count!! ;D ;D ;D

@bj
08-10-11, 10:11 PM

3 devices I couldn't live without are iWater, iFood & iAir...

I also find iShelter is a bit of a life enhancer - especially in these northen climes...

Given that the basics are taken care of - iCountryside & iNature are the next life enhancers...

iPod - what the f*** is that..? I have a vague idea it is some sort music player - but don't think I have ever knowingly encountered one - and have no perception that my life would ever be enhanced if I did... (as opposed to any other kind of music player - eg. radio)

redken1
09-10-11, 12:06 AM
I wonder how many more thousands of our elderly will have died from preventable cold-related illnesses by the time the i 6 range of gadgets reach the high street? :'(

I would join the consumer congregation in worship at the altar of technology if it was applied for the better of mankind.

Rabb
09-10-11, 06:20 AM
Yep - that counts......;D

Maz
09-10-11, 06:26 AM
Well I've just bought my other half a somy Ericsson play! Half price direct from sony! £220!!!

There is no way she is having the same mobile as me! I'll be picking her mobile up instead of mine...

I have to say and sorry guys I am a bit of a techno nerd! Before I got this phone I went through five mobiles in a year! Cancelled my contract early to get a better phone!!!

I think I need to be in rehab lol! ;D

Rabb
09-10-11, 06:30 AM
[quote author=monday21 link=1317805394/24#24 date=1318115172]I wonder how many more thousands of our elderly will have died from preventable cold-related illnesses by the time the i 6 range of gadgets reach the high street? :'(

I would join the consumer congregation in worship at the altar of technology if it was applied for the better of mankind.
[/quote

It does apply to the better of mankind.
Youngsters are being taught with these devices and therefore the next generation of immunologists, research bio-chemists e.t.c will benefit from this sort of technology. Who knows one of these kids could even discover a cure for the common cold! Availablity to this sort of technology speeds up information flow and understanding and therefore advances in science will be quicker because of it!

Squashed_Fly
09-10-11, 08:52 AM
Its a phone!!!!

That's true, if that's all you want from your handset. But I use my phone for email, web browsing, satnav, making calls, watching films & television, listening to music & radio, playing games, reading books etc.

I just find it easier to have 1 gadget that can do it all, whereas you probably have lots of products for each of those things.

One solution isn't better than another, just horses for courses....

NiteW4tcher
09-10-11, 09:36 AM
i have a nokia n8.......it makes calls it does texts and i can do emails for work.... good enough.

DaytonaDog
09-10-11, 03:38 PM
Its a phone!!!!

That's true, if that's all you want from your handset. But I use my phone for email, web browsing, satnav, making calls, watching films & television, listening to music & radio, playing games, reading books etc.

I just find it easier to have 1 gadget that can do it all, whereas you probably have lots of products for each of those things.

I was being tongue in cheek. maybe a smiley would of helped. The joy of forum posts I suppose as you cant always guage the context.

I actually have an Iphone and an Ipod, however I'm not going to lose any sleep over whether or not the next release is a 4G, 4S, 4xyz, or whatever they choose to call it and I'm not going to lose any sleep other whether its better that an Android or HTC or whatever. Having said that its amazing when you think how far the development of phones has progressed when I consider my first ever mobile phone was the size of a house brick which could not fit into a pocket and people got excited over the polyphonic ringtones. I also appreciate my ipod for the fact that I can carry a large music collection around with me in a very small piece of kit.

alanTDM
09-10-11, 03:57 PM

And i have brought a iRON in Argos, white as well with a couple of red and green led's

Squashed_Fly
09-10-11, 05:49 PM
@Daytona Dog - funnily enough, I was just having a conversation with someone the other day about how far technology has come. It wasn't that long ago that you were considered cool if your phone could play Snake!

Rabb
09-10-11, 07:36 PM
Its a phone!!!!

I had one of the original Motorola or Vodafone bricks.
You were lucky if you could ever make a call - no masts anywhere!

I was being tongue in cheek. maybe a smiley would of helped. The joy of forum posts I suppose as you cant always guage the context.

I actually have an Iphone and an Ipod, however I'm not going to lose any sleep over whether or not the next release is a 4G, 4S, 4xyz, or whatever they choose to call it and I'm not going to lose any sleep other whether its better that an Android or HTC or whatever. Having said that its amazing when you think how far the development of phones has progressed when I consider my first ever mobile phone was the size of a house brick which could not fit into a pocket and people got excited over the polyphonic ringtones. I also appreciate my ipod for the fact that I can carry a large music collection around with me in a very small piece of kit.

Swanny
09-10-11, 08:18 PM

It seems he was not a nice person
http://gawker.com/5847344/what-everyone-is-too-polite-to-say-about-steve-jobs

I have an iPod but that's all. It's ok apart from the stupid DRM stuff

BladeTriple
10-10-11, 09:55 AM
I love my iPhone , the only thing I hate about the whole 'i (insert item here)' series is bloody iTunes, I'd much prefer a more simple drag and drop system rather than having to import all my music and vids into iTunes first, then finding if I haven't got the file structure right I lose any other files on there....

Great piece of kit when its up and running, just a pain in the backside with iTunes, probably when I never really update my music on my iPhone and use a simple £20 2GB MP3 player for running with instead.

redken1
10-10-11, 07:12 PM

It seems he was not a nice person
http://gawker.com/5847344/what-everyone-is-too-polite-to-say-about-steve-jobs

I have an iPod but that's all. It's ok apart from the stupid DRM stuff

"When it comes to human rights, there is no greater leader than the United States of America,” former White House spokes¬man Scott McClellan once said. He obviously wasn’t referring to US companies like Apple who exploit child labour in the Far East.